Shit's Borked

RPM

47 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Got to hear Junior sing the praises of Ewers. Didn't stick around for the rest.

Bitch all you want. No skin off my back. 

You were a bitch in that thread leading up to it and you’re generally a bitch elsewhere. 

On 10/13/2022 at 6:31 AM, immamac said:

The tapa notification isn't removable unless I disable tapatalk. I'm still wondering how that ad isn't dismissable even though it has the x. What phone/browser/os version are you on? 

Samsung Android version 12, using DuckDuckGo / Chrome. The ghost ad at the bottom isn't even closable on Firefox, either.

On 10/14/2022 at 6:00 AM, immamac said:

This is a bug with lazy load Twitter embeds. I'm sorry you are seeing these for now while it's getting fixed but stop acting like this ruins your experience. It doesn't happen all the time. It also happens to me. 

There's a way to get rid of ads. Use it or stop coming to a longhorn board to talk politics. 

it_s_not_fair_john_oliver-uid14885710651

• Hook 'Em 1

Speaking of Twitter it used it launch into the app when you clicked on a Twitter embedd and then sometime in the last year it started launching into the web browser version and it's annoying. I assume it's twitter or apple and not here but surprised it still hasn't been fixed. 

doing some stuff to the automatic failover of the db side of things. This is fixed. I have done about 12 failovers in the last 15 minutes so I think it's working fine except for that one hiccup which is now resolved (the host that was denied is actually the one serving right now)

23 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

Site has been slow as fuck the last several days. If that's what you were addressing with the failover stuff above I don't think it worked based on experience throughout the day today.

Weird, because it's been very fast for me. Which webserver are you on? 

2 hours ago, SilasCoade said:

Site has been slow as fuck the last several days. If that's what you were addressing with the failover stuff above I don't think it worked based on experience throughout the day today.

Same for me. Clicking on one of the links to different forums at the top or bottom of the page takes anywhere from 3-10 seconds for anything to change, then another 3-10 seconds for it to eventually load, then another 3-10 seconds for whatever thread I clicked on to load. 

S20/Android, Chrome. 

12 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Same for me. Clicking on one of the links to different forums at the top or bottom of the page takes anywhere from 3-10 seconds for anything to change, then another 3-10 seconds for it to eventually load, then another 3-10 seconds for whatever thread I clicked on to load. 

S20/Android, Chrome. 

WHAT FUCKING SERVER

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/cookie-checker/

Hey, @immamac

So, the site is running slow for me on mobile, chrome Android.

it is loading pages slowly, and i have noticed in the dt Ukraine war thread when i load the next page sometimes it skips a page. And when i reopen a page after closing it has always lost my place. This happens when i set my phone down or close it using the power button. That's never really happened before to me anyways.

i can't tell what this says on cookie monster so i screenshotted it.

Maybe that helps?

Screenshot_20221020-110635.png

14 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

S20/Android, Chrome. 

This is how it has been for me since the ads started.  

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

Access denied for user 'surly'@'host.containers.internal' (using password: YES)

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

Try again

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

every time i post i have to copy my post before i hit submit, because there like a 1/3 chance that when i do hit submit that everything i typed will just disappear, and won't reappear if i refresh the page. been happening for months now. 

device/os/browser/server? 

17 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

every time i post i have to copy my post before i hit submit, because there like a 1/3 chance that when i do hit submit that everything i typed will just disappear, and won't reappear if i refresh the page. been happening for months now. 

That is weird, because if I type a post and don’t submit, and end up navigating back to the thread and opening the editor, it puts the previous content in there for me and I have to click a button to clear it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, immamac said:

device/os/browser/server? 

iphone, fairly new, either 13 or 14, using mobile browser on safari. not sure how to see which server it is.

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That is weird, because if I type a post and don’t submit, and end up navigating back to the thread and opening the editor, it puts the previous content in there for me and I have to click a button to clear it. 

right, this usually happens for me as well, just not in these instances where i hit submit and then it all disappears.

It's odd because server big seems to be the one that is slowest for me, when I can get it to change to others it moves quicker. But these 3-5 second delays on mobile per page load are petty shitty ngl. Makes me question if my wifi or cellular service is not working then I go to any other site and it's fast loading still.

• Hook 'Em 2