2018 game 1 thread :: Texas @ Maryland :: Exiting the Wilderness

Hagbard Celine

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Guys, as an objective observer, let me give you a pep talk. 

This is a difficult environment to open the season.  Maryland isn’t terrible, they know they’re not supposed to win this game, and they’re at home.  They’re going to play with reckless abandon.

Texas is rusty, all the pressure is on them, they’re on the road, far away from home, and the opponent doesn’t suck.

It’s not surprising Texas looks shitty but I think the horns will exhaust Maryland in the second half and pull away.   The key to a successful program in college ball is conditioning.  If you can out fatigue the opponent, you will win most of your games.

So give these boys 60 minutes of play before passing judgment. They deserve that much.

How dare you offer reasonable analysis on a gameday thread...

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is a difficult environment to open the season.  Maryland isn’t terrible, they know they’re not supposed to win this game, and they’re at home.  They’re going to play with reckless abandon.

Texas is rusty, all the pressure is on them, they’re on the road, far away from home, and the opponent doesn’t suck.

It’s not surprising Texas looks shitty but I think the horns will exhaust Maryland in the second half and pull away.   The key to a successful program in college ball is conditioning.  If you can out fatigue the opponent, you will win most of your games.

So give these boys 60 minutes of play before passing judgment. They deserve that much.

I lol at you calling yourself objective. 

Lmao 

Probably right but let me have my moment of panic.

ba24e7fd0f63fe1c9a69a2f1a59a1f55.jpg

You realize this is Surly, right? 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

I’m all for protecting players but there’s no fucking way to prevent that. Gary was already going for the hit before dipshit started his slide

That's the crux of it. A qb running at him, he has to be prepared to take him down by going low, to avoid a penalty for taking him down too high. That is momentum you can't stop and then the qb slides.