Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Goddamnit. Fire this dumbfuck.

The Herman supporters are awfully, awfully quiet.

Does anyone still support the dude? Shit I didn’t even want to hire this cougar high clown. He’s perfectly lived up to fraud I thought he was

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Every decommit is 10 more BMDs blowing up CDCs phone. So that’s good.

"You have reached a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service. Please hang up and try your call again."

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

The program is done barring a hire of Urban, Saban and Dabo.  It is going to take years to recover.  Can't wait to see the faces of management when that sweet revenue dries up.

Jimmy chitwood isn’t here to save the program. This isn’t Hoosiers! Wake up BMDs what the fuck are y’all doing?

5 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:
Oh for fucks sake - get it together.  It is as it always has been, if they win the recruits will be there.

No shit, but if we don't get urban, then we're not likely to win enough to make a difference.

That's not true - Herman won just enough in the first two years to get recruits and he was following the disaster that was Charlie's last class.  The talent on campus is good enough to win games in the Big12 with competent coaching.  And the next coach is going to have some decent talent to choose from at QB.

Obviously Urban is the top choice and CDC needs to do everything possible to get him to say yes - but even a pretty good coach can come here and win games and put together top 10 classes.

• Hook 'Em 1

The head coach at Texas "Dissed the kid's ability in a roundabout way" of the number one overall recruit in the nation for 2022???
The same one that we have seen videos of dropping dimes at 50 and 60 yards at a time????
This guy needs help and I am not kidding.  Can we get the Surly lawyers to examine the contract for with cause based on losing his mental faculties?

I don’t believe this for a second. Sounds like the kid just doesn’t want to play for Herman. Can’t say I blame him. Get rid of Herman and maybe he looks our way again, especially if we can land Meyer.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Bill Lumbergh said:
39 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:
Oh for fucks sake - get it together.  It is as it always has been, if they win the recruits will be there.

Have you seen the 21 and 22 classes currently? The next coach will need players to win, so that more players want to come here. We're currently losing them. This is our concern, dude.

Self-imposed death penalty. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
41 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Have you seen the 21 and 22 classes currently? The next coach will need players to win, so that more players want to come here. We're currently losing them. This is our concern, dude.

It’s okay, we’re going to fuck up Bama with our 3 star recruits in 2022!  That’ll get all the 5 stars to consider us again!

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Man, like others have said, I havent seen a recruiting meltdown like this at Texas, ever.

what the hell happened between Herman and recruits this week? I know we are a shit sandwich right now but its not like we lost to Baylor.....

I guess QE has that much pull

If anything about that podcast is true from ex UH player he just completely checks out and doesn’t care what he does or days once he knows he’s done or leaving. 

Which podcast?
Don't waste your time. Someone linked a podcast by the old Houston punter where apparently he talked at one point about Herman checking out on the team once he knew he had a tx offer.

Problem is, there were several episodes and no mention of where to find the section on this. I'll just assume it was true.

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Yup,  I follow recruiting religiously.  This is one of the worst meltdowns from a recruiting standpoint.  I’m not sure how we convince these kids to jump back on board and convince other talented players to give us a look.  As a parent, I 100% wouldn’t want my kid to play for this coach and this athletic department.  The only thing we have proven is that we waste talent, and keep horrible coaches in charge longer than they should.  

473611D1-A2A2-413C-B098-E28221E1861C.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas