Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I don’t like doing this type of thing, but what the hell.

I don’t have any sources within the program etc..., but do talk to various sports media folks with different pro/college connections that’ll give me nuggets about various different things from time to time, and I was given some info. Mostly “duh!” type stuff we’ve already heard and speculated, but sharing because I trust the guy, so just another log added to the fire. TIFWIW:

1. Herman has “fallen out of favor.” with admin.

2. Urban “wants it.”

3. Paraphrasing, but UM doesn’t like Herman. Thinks it all went to his head. Got lazy. I took that as not only now, but also while still coaching under UM.

4. UM loves all of his other assistants.
(Me: Tom seems to be the exception)

5. I won’t give the direct quote, but according to PJ Fleck himself, in a casual setting, straight to my guy: he’d jump at the job. Related: No info or speculation on Fleck or any other secondary options from the Texas side.

Outside of the Fleck stuff, I know it’s nothing we haven’t speculated/heard, but like I said, another log on the fire and from a guy I trust, and know has connections. I’m guessing he lucked into the Fleck encounter, but he puts in some work.

I like Fleck, but he seems like the kinda guy who'd let his aspirations be known.

2 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Seems like there's a good portion of the fanbase that wants there to be team division over the Eyes

Seems like there is a dumbass portion of the  UT students that know no history and should stick to tiktok for their news. Jmo. The EOT is done. It’s not racist. It’s a shame. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

3. Paraphrasing, but UM doesn’t like Herman. Thinks it all went to his head. Got lazy. I took that as not only now, but also while still coaching under UM.

Hadn't really thought about it this way but we sort of have post-2009 Mack, except without the good stuff that happened pre-2009. 

10 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I don’t like doing this type of thing, but what the hell.

I don’t have any sources within the program etc..., but do talk to various sports media folks with different pro/college connections that’ll give me nuggets about various different things from time to time, and I was given some info. Mostly “duh!” type stuff we’ve already heard and speculated, but sharing because I trust the guy, so just another log added to the fire. TIFWIW:

1. Herman has “fallen out of favor.” with admin.

2. Urban “wants it.”

4. UM loves all of his other assistants.
(Me: Tom seems to be the exception)

5. I won’t give the direct quote, but according to PJ Fleck himself, in a casual setting, straight to my guy: he’d jump at the job. Related: No info or speculation on Fleck or any other secondary options from the Texas side.

Outside of the Fleck stuff, I know it’s nothing we haven’t speculated/heard, but like I said, another log on the fire and from a guy I trust, and know has connections. I’m guessing he lucked into the Fleck encounter, but he puts in some work.

Is it wrong to hope if we lose the next few weeks that it’s a long and painful loss without lube?   All so this can get the wheels in motion. Asking for a few Surly friends of mine.  

6 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

If I were making it up, it’d have sounded a lot cooler, and would make up shit that hasn’t already been said and speculated. Like that Urban is being hologram’d into the halftime show set because he’s already in Austin.

Be a lot cooler if you did...(make it up)

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas