Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

5 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

More of a "way of the college football landscape" deal than a "fairness" deal. The optics are really bad if Tom does equal to Charlie and gets one less year. The job has to remain attractive and hair trigger firings are ugly. To Sub's point, I think he does get another year at 5-7. To the point that he isn't CDC's guy, so that might mean the leash is shorter, I think that all depends on who is on the docket as far as head coaches go at the end of the season. I'm personally sick of picking up the hot new thing, but say a Larry Fedora type cracks into the top 10 or NY bowl game. Then I think it would be tempting.

Makes sense.  

we have to make the change this year.  it is so fucking obvious this job is way too big for tom. charlie on his worse day didn't look as overwhelmed as this asshole does right now.  

he so lacks confidence right now. he doesn't believe a fucking word he's uttering and he knows we don't either

1 minute ago, Eastwood said:

Imagine this...

The reason why Mack hasn't taken any other jobs is because he wants to be the next Purple Wizard and come back to Texas. I would want to see it happen just to watch the fan base burn. At least it would be more entertaining than what's going on now.

Then that should have happened 2 years ago. Too late now. 

Imagine this...

The reason why Mack hasn't taken any other jobs is because he wants to be the next Purple Wizard and come back to Texas. I would want to see it happen just to watch the fan base burn. At least it would be more entertaining than what's going on now.

he really wanted the arizona st job, and busted his ass to get it.  that said, i was sick of him, but would trade for him right now to finish out this season

Imagine this...

He's certainly called his agent hoping for shot.  He's somewhere stroking his chin, lowly and slowly repeating a single word:  "soon."

3 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Imagine this...

Unfortunately, I think things would be better.  Yeah, I want to punch myself in the face for even saying that...

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I think things would be better.  Yeah, I want to punch myself in the face for even saying that...
That's the beauty of it. I was handing out torches and pitchforks for the March against Mack back when he was killing himself recruiting in Florida, but now... It's like knowing that your arm is rotting off, so amputation doesn't sound so bad.
  • Like 1

Just now, Eastwood said:
2 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

That's the beauty of it. I was handing out torches and pitchforks for the March against Mack back when he was killing himself recruiting in Florida, but now... It's like knowing that your arm is rotting off, so amputation doesn't sound so bad.

Lulz...

7 minutes ago, 54_Strat said:

You can see on Hermans face that he knows no one is buying his BS 

This is brutal to watch.  They're feeding him softballs, he's selling shit about being tight or trying to be perfect when you can see he doesn't believe it.  Nobody acknowledging the elephant in the room.  

Unfortunately I think we are going to have to hire Mack back to get rid of the curse. as much as I hate to say it I seriously believe he could get these players to play with much more give a shit than jackoff PeeWee. Tommy Boy talks about wanting our players to play loose. This asshole has the tightest fucking sphincter on the planet.

• Like 1

I think I'm done.  I just can't muster the strength anymore.  Im tired of getting excited for a game and then seeing how it plays out and being disappointed - even in the wins.  It's just been too long.  I actually think that I have stuff I'd rather do on Saturdays now. 
I never thought I would feel this way but here I am.
This is me too. Numb. I know they dont care but was going to take my boys to their 1st texas game next month. Not making the drive for this shit show.

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:
1 hour ago, Post Oak said:
I think I'm done.  I just can't muster the strength anymore.  Im tired of getting excited for a game and then seeing how it plays out and being disappointed - even in the wins.  It's just been too long.  I actually think that I have stuff I'd rather do on Saturdays now. 
I never thought I would feel this way but here I am.

This is me too. Numb. I know they dont care but was going to take my boys to their 1st texas game next month. Not making the drive for this shit show.

Yeah I think I am going to the Cub Scout camp out with my boys and not even checking on the score until bedtime. Fuck.

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Listening to Herman is like listening to what my wife or mother says about football games.  They won't have even watched the game and have nothing specific to say.  So, when they hear that we won/lost they just attribute it to some emotional reason like being overconfident or nervous or whatever.

This dude is so done here.  It's like watching a public melt down in real time.   Fucking Charlie Strong said he didn't even realize what offense Watson was going to run against Notre Dame after a full offseason with him, and fired Watson 1 game into a season ... and somehow, someway, I might actually feel like the program is in more disarray now than it was during that Twilight Zone level shit show.  

Pancho's mom one time last year: "Did your team win?"

Me: "No, we lost."

Pancho's mom: "Well maybe they wore the wrong color jerseys this time?  They need to change jerseys."

13 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

This is brutal to watch.  They're feeding him softballs, he's selling shit about being tight or trying to be perfect when you can see he doesn't believe it.  Nobody acknowledging the elephant in the room.  

I have literally never seen a coach pull out that excuse two weeks in a row.

That's a sign that you have failed at your job, clown.

13 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I have literally never seen a coach pull out that excuse two weeks in a row.

That's a sign that you have failed at your job, clown.

This game felt like the Rice game in 2010...except at home, with a loss already in the books and without the glow of an appearance in the MNC game 9 months earlier.....so yea, worse. much much worse.

Tom was done, is done and should be done.  Needs to be forced to fire Beck by dawn so there is no more air cover for his bullshit.  

The thing I just do not get is how TH cannot put an adequate offense together with the personnel we've got. This guy has implemented a successful offense at OSU with a 3rd string QB against Bama. He took a WR at UH and made him serviceable at QB. All this other shit aside, I just want to see an offense that exploits defensive weaknesses. He's done this everywhere else but has forgotten how at Texas?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Needs to be forced to fire Beck by dawn so there is no more air cover for his bullshit.  

I agree, but strangely he's kind of removed his own air cover by admitting it's not really Beck's offense. 

He'll have some strange backtracking to do when he eventually does fire him, given how much he's told us he's not the problem. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac unfeatured this topic