Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

4 hours ago, TexasPride10 said:

This game means more to Sam than it does to Kyler, and I truly believe that will play a tangible role in this game. Ok, cool. Hook 'em.   

It definitely means more to Sam than the Kansas game did, but I think it's naive to think it doesn't mean just as much to  Murray.  We've already played up to our expectations this year.  This whole board was thinking we'd be 8-4 and that it'd be gravy if we played for a championship.  Murray has bigger goals right now for their season and reaching them depends on this game alone.  He's also got the revenge factor for added motivation.

I'm not saying any of that gives them an advantage but I do believe they all want the win just as much as our guys do.  Our hatred for them is a two-way street.

wait, so that little midget faget was asked to about sam ehlinger's game and said 'no comment'? i can't remember the last time i wished harm on an opposing player, but i hope we snap that little bitch in half.

He didn't just say "no comment," and his response was especially ridiculous in the context of the question asked. A reporter told Kyler that Kyler had previously said he respected Tua's game. Then the reporter asked Kyler what he thinks of Sam's game. In response, Kyler chuckled and said he has no comment.

The clear implication was that Kyler respects Tua's game, but Sam's game is laughable.

Edit

Here:

1 minute ago, Mikey4 said:

He didn't just say "no comment," and his response was especially ridiculous in the context of the question asked. A reporter told Kyler that Kyler had previously said he respected Tua's game. Then the reporter asked Kyler what he thinks of Sam's game. In response, Kyler chuckled and said he has no comment.

The clear implication was that Kyler respects Tua's game, but Sam's game is laughable.

let the hate flow. fuck that little piece of shit.

3 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

It definitely means more to Sam than the Kansas game did, but I think it's naive to think it doesn't mean just as much to  Murray.  We've already played up to our expectations this year.  This whole board was thinking we'd be 8-4 and that it'd be gravy if we played for a championship.  Murray has bigger goals right now for their season and reaching them depends on this game alone.  He's also got the revenge factor for added motivation.

I'm not saying any of that gives them an advantage but I do believe they all want the win just as much as our guys do.  Our hatred for them is a two-way street.

Valid points. I didn't mean to imply that the game means nothing to Kyler, I just think deep down it means more to Sam. Sam grew up a Texas fan which means he has spent his whole life dreaming about beating OU in a Texas uniform. Kyler grew up a Texas A&M fan who at one point considered playing for Texas, and now has a lucrative baseball career waiting for him regardless of what happens the rest of this football season. Kyler will still be up for this game, I just think I'd give the nod to Sam when it comes down to who really wants it more. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I would love for all of the hindsight armchair coaches in here to tell Sam to his face that he isn't playing against Kansas in a must win game.

Give it a rest. No one was interested in Buechfuckup 2.0.

I'm not disagreeing with you.  But Kansas actually turned out to not be a must win game.  As it happened, even with a loss, we still would have appeared in the CCG.

6 minutes ago, Xcalibur said:

I'm not disagreeing with you.  But Kansas actually turned out to not be a must win game.  As it happened, even with a loss, we still would have appeared in the CCG.

Um... Kansas is always a must win game. Or do you have Charlie Strong Stockholm Syndrome?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

wait, so that little midget faget was asked to about sam ehlinger's game and said 'no comment'? i can't remember the last time i wished harm on an opposing player, but i hope we snap that little bitch in half.

Talk about blackboard material.  I'd be ready to destroy them.

What am I missing on not beating Kansas and still making the title game?  What are the tie breakers at play there?

According to Big 12 Website:

UT, WVU and ISU tie at 6-3
All three would be 1-1 against each other. UT would earn the berth based on its win over first-place Oklahoma.

http:// http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=211780428

6 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Imagine being fawned over in high school, winning state championships, being in the heisman conversation, signing a 5 million dollar signing bonus, and not being able to utter meaningless platitudes about another athlete that is having a good season. When will validation come? When will you ever be tall enough?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2018 at 9:03 AM, Eskimohorn said:

Chiles should starts!

What’s amazing is what caused this was the deterioration of offensive line talent. Due to poor recruiting and development, to this day, we have guys on our roster who should have redshirted. But because of need, they were thrown into the fire (Vahe, Shackleford, Okafor).

And Chiles not developing as a QB also impacted poor QB depth. Something Herman seems to be addressing.

Gilbert
Case McCoy
Ash
Swoopes
Buechele
Ehlinger

Heard was the only scholarship QB during this time that got a redshirt. Amazing.

Gilbert should have shirted and Harris should have brought home the trophy.

23 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

13 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Imagine being fawned over in high school, winning state championships, being in the heisman conversation, signing a 5 million dollar signing bonus, and not being able to utter meaningless platitudes about another athlete that is having a good season. When will validation come? When will you ever be tall enough?

Are we serious? Seriously?

The opposing QB said "no comment" when asked about the skills of his upcoming opponent in a conference championship game?

Was he supposed to say, "Sam's having a pretty good year"?

There's almost nothing he could have said... even "no comment" got blown up.

Having said all of that, ou still sucks.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Snacks said:

The opposing QB said "no comment" when asked about the skills of his upcoming opponent in a conference championship game?

you're fucking high, man. you're always high.

On 11/26/2018 at 10:01 AM, David Dennison said:

Learning how and when to slide should be an offseason priority. My only concern is that Sam's makeup will make this difficult. I love his aggressiveness, but he's no good on the sidelines.

The "how to" is going to be very important.  There were a couple of times the last 2 years when he slid, I would cringe.  He was so awkward I was afraid he was going to break his lower leg or blow his knee out.

3 minutes ago, Snacks said:

lol wut?  Only your last sentence makes sense....everything else about this post sucks as much as OU.

6 minutes ago, Snacks said:

No comment would have been your best course of action.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Are we talking about Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray?

Has one team ever had back-to-back starting QBs who were as bitchmade as that pair?

• Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Snacks said:

watch the video at the bottom of the previous page Snacks.  

10 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Are we talking about Baker Mayfield or Kyler Murray?

Has one team ever had back-to-back starting QBs who were as bitchmade as that pair?

Kyler is in a different stratosphere of bitch-madeness as Baker. At least Baker can take a hit, plays football and didn't slide all over the grass like a pussy last year.

Him telling off Cowherd was also hilarious because fuck that racist pos. 

Don't get me wrong - Baker is a megadouche but way less of a vagina than Kylie. 

59 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

If Texas is comfortably in the lead towards the end of the game, Sam should take a few snaps as a blitz LB or safety. 

I'm only half kidding.

What is comfortably in the lead for this team? I honestly don't know what it would be for me. But I think we would need at least a TD lead for every minute left in the game. 

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I’ll say it. Zero fucks given. I hope we send him to the tent then off to play baseball.

I want him to play. 

I want him to play and to lose. 

I don't want him wondering what he could've done if given the chance.  I want him to have the chance and to fail. 

I hope we hit him and rattle him, but I hope he plays the whole game and comes up as he always does...a little short. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

I would love for all of the hindsight armchair coaches in here to tell Sam to his face that he isn't playing against Kansas in a must win game.

Give it a rest. No one was interested in Buechfuckup 2.0.

Bad Take......

Shane helped in 2 victories this Season...... Glad Shane stayed and was part of the reason that this 2018 Longhorn Team qualified for CCG... 🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Completely uncalled for IMO. Buechele has been nothing but a good soldier and teammate despite getting beat out of the starting QB job. He hasn't pouted and didn't try to pull a Kelly Bryant. When needed, he stepped in and got us a much-needed win.

Yes - I too love what Buechele has brought to the table this season. That doesn't mean I want him starting at quarterback. I'm not blaming him for the KU loss but he was the one under center. 

Again - saying "we should have just played Buechele" is such a hindsight is 20/20 armchair take that has no grounding in reality. We played Sam and we won. Move on. 

Bad Take......

Shane helped in 2 victories this Season...... Glad Shane stayed and helped this 2018 Team qualify for CCG... 🤘

Yes - awesome - cool. When did I criticize him? I do not want him as our starting quarterback. If he has to play because Sam is injured (a la Baylor) that is one thing. Debating Buechele and a Sam at 85% is another. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yes - I too love what Buechele has brought to the table this season. That doesn't mean I want him starting at quarterback. I'm not blaming him for the KU loss but he was the one under center. 

Again - saying "we should have just played Buechele" is such a hindsight is 20/20 armchair take that has no grounding in reality. We played Sam and we won. Move on. 

I don't want him playing over Ehlinger either but "Buechfuckup 2.0" is disrespectful as fuck. Totally unnecessary to getting your point -- which I agreed with -- across. Show a little more class. Save that shit for the Murray.

• Like 2

I want him to play. 
I want him to play and to lose. 
I don't want him wondering what he could've done if given the chance.  I want him to have the chance and to fail. 
I hope we hit him and rattle him, but I hope he plays the whole game and comes up as he always does...a little short. 
I want a violent, full-speed collision between Gary Johnson and Kyler Murray. Something that makes Sergio Kindle's hit on Taylor Potts look like a playful slap.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I don't want him playing over Ehlinger either but "Buechfuckup 2.0" is disrespectful as fuck. Totally unnecessary to getting your point -- which I agreed with -- across. Show a little more class. Save that shit for the Murray.

So we are going to pretend that he didn't throw back to back interceptions including a pick six followed by an interception on our last possession of the game?

I can like the player and criticize an awful performance of his at the same time.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

So we are going to pretend that he didn't throw back to back interceptions including a pick six followed by an interception on our last possession of the game?

I can like the player and criticize an awful performance of his at the same time.

The name-calling is bush league. Say his play was subpar, and leave it at that.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

don't think the guy you're talking to possess the proper maturity level to understand this.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That game was 2 years ago.

Hope you weren't thinking the same about Sam last year after OSU.

Edited by Pam Cummings