Game Atmosphere

blacklab

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 12:15 AM, UTexasFight said:

Man that was entertaining.
Who knew consolidating a student section and making it GA would get them in...ALL of them in... well before kickoff.

Stadium was rocking.
So refreshing letting the crowd dictate the energy and environment and not be squashed every chance possible by Adzillatron

e97694d656b617d14a284dd01a370b71.jpg

Am I the only person who wished Bongos would tone it down a little?

• Like 2

Scoreboard operator and godzillatron operator not in their A game yesterday. 

Also no more Bon Jovi “living on a prayer” sing along. Though maybe it was just foreshadowing for the game.

”we will rock you” is a little weak too. 

1 minute ago, LonghornSean said:

I thought the piped-in music was much more prevalent against WV than the other games this season.

Yes.  Those idiots were piping shit over the band.  The way the band is handled now is so showbiz and shittily cringy.  I wish Bob Cole would just STFU during the band intro and pregame routine.  

46 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

When did the PA announcer start saying get your “Hook’ems” up for the Eyes instead of get your Horns up?

Maybe I’ve been drunk at home games but I’m not down with that new trend. 

That was different. I don’t remember that in earlier games this year.

There was something going on with Jumbotron. Sounded like they had a feedback loop going through the band mics that created an excruciating bottom end distorted roar during both the metal and techno canned shit, of which there was way more than there has been at any previous games this year. Kind of discouraging after all the improvements they’d previously made. Pretty much like the team itself. 

Watching the game in person has become as annoying as watching an NBA game these days, where the PA announcer is over the top and talking way too much. Bob Cole is probably a nice guy, and has the  baritone pipes to do PA, but someone must have told him to add the gravelly exclamations to every call, which is now in my head and disallowing me to enjoy the atmosphere. Too much info and talking during play -- we don't need "herrrre weeee gooo" while the kicker is approaching the tee on kickoff.

Godzillatron was out of control.   Texas fans know how to bring the noise when it matters.  Yesterday’s abomination of techno crap between every snap toolk energy out of the crowd.  In year’s past, we would have been rocking Texas Fight on WV’s last drive.  Instead, we get force fed Thunderstruck.   And many in the crown went quiet because they didn’t want to compete in a futile battle against Malcom Young cranked up to 11. They should have a band representative on hand in DJ DKR’s booth to coordinate when to yield the mic.  Also, get your hookems up? Child, please.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Disco Strangler said:

Godzillatron was out of control.   Texas fans know how to bring the noise when it matters.  Yesterday’s abomination of techno crap between every snap toolk energy out of the crowd.  In year’s past, we would have been rocking Texas Fight on WV’s last drive.  Instead, we get force fed Thunderstruck.   And many in the crown went quiet because they didn’t want to compete in a futile battle against Malcom Young cranked up to 11. They should have a band representative on hand in DJ DKR’s booth to coordinate when to yield the mic.  Also, get your hookems up? Child, please.  

Sandstorm (or whatever the fuck's the name of that techno song) they played after the LJH TD in the first quarter should NEVER be played instead of Texas Fight

One of many great things college ball has over NFL games is the band playing the right songs at the right times.

Plz dial back the techno

22 hours ago, Blutarski said:

Watching the game in person has become as annoying as watching an NBA game these days, where the PA announcer is over the top and talking way too much. Bob Cole is probably a nice guy, and has the  baritone pipes to do PA, but someone must have told him to add the gravelly exclamations to every call, which is now in my head and disallowing me to enjoy the atmosphere. Too much info and talking during play -- we don't need "herrrre weeee gooo" while the kicker is approaching the tee on kickoff.

I think that was the most annoyed I've been with Bob before as well.  Everything was over the top.   Just talk in a normal fucking voice, say the down and distance and otherwise STFU.

12 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Why do people complain about away fans up high? Do we fucking owe them field side seats? Wtf...so stupid

No. I’ve pretty much always had shitty seats at away games, even when I was sitting in our players’ family seats. Goes with the territory. I know that visitors aren’t treated like shit at Texas games like they are at some other places, such as aggy. 

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

No. I’ve pretty much always had shitty seats at away games, even when I was sitting in our players’ family seats. Goes with the territory. I know that visitors aren’t treated like shit at Texas games like they are at some other places, such as aggy. 

No shit. We are great hosts. I had to endure wvu fans chanting all the way down the escalators on Saturday. 

The Iowa St game has to be his last. I fucking hate every exaggerated syllable that comes out of that motherfucker’s mouth. If I was told I was terminally ill and wouldn’t make it to the next game, I’d off the son of a bitch, for the good of mankind.

On 11/5/2018 at 10:02 PM, Tex Pete said:

I know that visitors aren’t treated like shit at Texas games like they are at some other places, such as aggy. 

Unpossible. If the aggy thread has taught me anything, they are the best hosts to visiting teams in the history of the multi-verse

On 11/5/2018 at 1:09 PM, scottsins said:

All I want is for the band to have an entrance into the stadium.  The kids running on the field/the music that they played then has made it impossible to hear the drum line coming in, etc.  I see no reason for this to not be changed back.

Hear hear.

• Like 1