Game Atmosphere

blacklab

12 hours ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

You'll never walk alone sets the standard for stadium songs. Nobody does in US. We should. It would be unreal and unlike anything. The song captures so much about being a Texas Longhorn.

Nah that would be corny. I don't like how other teams have taken it too. Only Liverpool should sing it considering their history. (Celtic does a damn good job too)

You'll never walk alone sets the standard for stadium songs. Nobody does in US. We should. It would be unreal and unlike anything. The song captures so much about being a Texas Longhorn.

We're trying to get the crowd hyped not put them to sleep with some love ballad.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, texifornia said:

Hipster shit? It's just copying the cheer the Red Sox have done since forever.

It’s my understanding that it started in Boston after the marathon bombing. Correct me if I am wrong. I want no part of glomming onto someone else’s tradition.  It’s lame. The hipster comment was about the little additions like “so good, so good, so good.”  I’ll admit that I don’t know the origin of it but I hate it. 

15 hours ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Ew Liverpool. Gross. Let's not.

Besides, Texas already has a fight song. That's like the point of having one.

Edited by texifornia

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

It’s my understanding that it started in Boston after the marathon bombing. Correct me if I am wrong. I want no part of glomming onto someone else’s tradition.  It’s lame. The hipster comment was about the little additions like “so good, so good, so good.”  I’ll admit that I don’t know the origin of it but I hate it. 

Man that's a helluva big rock that you've been living under

• Like 2

I must have taken a wrong turn. This thread is about Texas Football game atmosphere, is it not?

Not sure what any of the soccer bullshit has to do with football. I'm sure there's an appropriate board for it. In North Korea. Fuck that lame ass sport.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I must have taken a wrong turn. This thread is about Texas Football game atmosphere, is it not?

Not sure what any of the soccer bullshit has to do with football. I'm sure there's an appropriate board for it. In North Korea. Fuck that lame ass sport.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Should we call ourselves “Longhorn FC” or maybe “Longhorn United” because we want to show how united we are as fans?  I’ll hang up and listen. 

Let's start refering to our jersey's as 'kits' and wear scarves to games in August!

6 hours ago, DaysOff said:
21 hours ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

We're trying to get the crowd hyped not put them to sleep with some love ballad.

Eyes is our YNWA.  We've got multiple other songs.  For the most part, modern music is trash.  And for the most part, it's not composed, and it's not played.  There is no actual artistry in the music, only in the lyrics, which for the most part, are trash.  I know there are people here whose opinions need to be respected *because* they are on the opposite side of my opinions and very well *may* represent the opinion of a vast(?) majority of the current student body.

Back to the salt mine.

Edited by Hagbard Celine
bill the cat

On 9/27/2018 at 6:21 PM, JBJ said:

Joel Klatt on the radio: "DKR for Texas-USC was the best gameday atmosphere I've ever experienced. PERIOD."

That's pretty cool, I know from watching on television you could tell the place was fired up...

On 10/2/2018 at 9:46 AM, Bruh Man said:

this song is the anthem for the entire student body right now. (NSFW)

Student section seemed to like it when they busted this out in the stadium against TCU. The olds, meanwhile, were quite confused.

• Like 1

Someone needs to sit down with the new band director and explain the sport of football to him. He must be someone who has always thought playing at a football game was just practice for band competition.

I assume they just play after each down on a script because I noticed Saturday that they would play things at nonsensical times. For instance, I kept hearing them play the shortened Eyes at least twice after we gave up a first down on third down. Several years ago, the band only played that after getting a stop on third down. I also noticed them playing the little ditty they generally play as the offense seems to be gaining momentum (no idea what it's called, but they've only played it for a few years) after we got stopped for a loss.

Perhaps the moron could pay attention to the football game and see how the band could add to the atmosphere.

4 minutes ago, Assman said:

Give me Mo Bamba over Sweet Caroline or any other classic, played-out, piano bar anthem.

Sweet Caroline fucking sucks. It reminds me of drinking shitty vodka and waking up next to questionable girls. 

There is nothing cool about that song unless you're shitfaced and 20 years old and trying to get laid. Even then it sucks. 

Mo Bamba needs to be a game-day staple. Any time an up and coming NY rapper titles a song after a Horn - and that song is a banger - we need to adopt it as our own. 

• Like 2

Songs that should never be played at DKR:

-Sweet Caroline

-Livin' on a Prayer

-Don't Stop Belivin'

-Friends in Low Places

Any other shitty piano bar songs I missed?  Basically, if you can picture a 40-something cougar in a piano bar, waving her cosmo in the air as she screams the lyrics to this song, it should never be played at a football game.

• Like 4

-Sweet Caroline
-Livin' on a Prayer
-Don't Stop Belivin'
-Friends in Low Places
Any other shitty piano bar songs I missed?  Basically, if you can picture a 40-something cougar in a piano bar, waving her cosmo in the air as she screams the lyrics to this song, it should never be played at a football game.
Stairway to heaven

aggy wor him

shithead of aggylan

Peruna

Boomer Sooner

Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

8 minutes ago, Assman said:

-Sweet Caroline

-Livin' on a Prayer

-Don't Stop Belivin'

-Friends in Low Places

This this and this