Game Atmosphere

blacklab

2 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Of course I’m biased, but the LHB when I was a student (early aughts) was best. I can’t fucking stand the band now. That little ditty they do after a first down or really any positive yardage is horrible. It’s bad. 

It sounds like a very sped up version of Texas Fight and drives me crazy. That and the Wolf of Wall Street bull shit. I want Texas Fight a lot, Grandioso, Wabash, a lot of student/alum Texas Fight, and the Eyes at the beginning and end of game. I want nothing else. And if you want to accent it with a dance party, then fine. But our band is fucking horrible right now. Everyone seems to agree. 

33 minutes ago, mdmost said:

How many SC fans were there? Couldn't really make that out on TV.

A lot. At least where I sat, SC fans talked a lot of shit.  It was so satisfying watching the spoiled children file out early in the 4th quarter.

6 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Last night was electric but does not approach ‘91 UH or ‘08 Mizzou. It was on par with ‘16 ND or ‘12 WVU (loss). 

I’ll take OK ST VY comeback in 05 > 08 Missouri. By a lot. 

My ears broke when Raymonce turned the corner on a reverse on his way to the end zone to complete the 30 point comeback. (National title was on the line). 

6 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Last night was electric but does not approach ‘91 UH or ‘08 Mizzou. It was on par with ‘16 ND or ‘12 WVU (loss). 

Yeah it’s was a great atmosphere, but those and Mizzou, West Virginia, and Notre Dame are my top three I’ve witnessed in person.

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

My ears broke when Raymonce turned the corner on a reverse on his way to the end zone to complete the 30 point comeback. (National title was on the line). 

Texas played in stoolwater in 2005

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

I love that OSU game too, but the way the crowd responded to the refs in the Mizzou game was something else which is why Mizzou > Okie State as far as crowd/stadium atmosphere is concerned, even though the OSU was a better game.

6 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

One loss to #2 at the time OU (0-12 triggered) so not out of the question..

Dude give it up.  You were wrong.  The game you're talking about was not in '05, and the National Championship wasn't on the line.  Stop being a bitch.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

One loss to #2 at the time OU (0-12 triggered) so not out of the question..

...we won the game and didn't get into the national championship, hence no, it was not on the line. Literally nothing done in that game could have gotten Texas into the national championship game.

6 minutes ago, BigXII said:

...we won the game and didn't get into the national championship, hence no, it was not on the line. Literally nothing done in that game could have gotten Texas into the national championship game.

You are right, I give. Knowing the outcome of the rest of the season after the fact of that year, you are correct. 

I (wrongly I guess) associate those years by Rose bowls Jan 05/06 etc. but yes. I was wrong. 

Stadium was still louder. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Also, I’ve never seen college football seasons referred to like “04-05”. One season is 2004, the next is 2005.

You've just been stuck in the present for too long. There was a time when our bowl games were on or after New Year's Day. These days, we're just happy to have a bowl game.

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

What was with the “Don’t stop believing” song before pregame.  Apparently we cut out the giant Texas flag down to nothing to save time but we had 3 minutes to spare for a Journey song with crowd singing shots on the Godzillatron while the band just stood in the end zone the whole time?

I think last week it was Sweet Caroline.  Please stop. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Section 129 was insane after he blocked field goal... lots of beer being sprayed into the air 

This is correct, complete pandemonium and a great turning point in the game. Some dude brought a watermelon into the student section and handed it around during score celebrations. How does that happen with all the security checks these days?

5 hours ago, Welch said:

Not sure Adzillatron needs a random crowd shot after every single play, up to (and sometimes past) the snap of the next play.  A few more replays would have been nice.

But otherwise a really good production and the crowd was into it.

Agreed. There were a lot of random plays that they switched to crowd shots immediately after the play, sometimes before the played had even gotten up. I would glance over to see who a player was, and it would be already showing the crowd. Made it hard at times to tell who made a tackle, and Bob Cole was slow on the uptake.

Then, they often didn’t show a replay. I’m there to watch the game, not the crowd. It’s fine to do both, but let the game, not the crowd, be the main course. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

That was ‘04 and I almost included it on the list. But you’re wrong. 

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Is it too much to ask to live in a world where people who graduated from high school can spell ‘definitely’?

I think you’re making an assumption about that particular poster. He seems like a fucktard from the north or east. I guess it’s possible he graduated magma cum laude from one of those not so esteemed “universities.”

3 hours ago, DaysOff said:
3 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

*'90 coug high

Fuck. Me. Sorry. 

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Agreed. There were a lot of random plays that they switched to crowd shots immediately after the play, sometimes before the played had even gotten up. I would glance over to see who a player was, and it would be already showing the crowd. Made it hard at times to tell who made a tackle, and Bob Cole was slow on the uptake.

Then, they often didn’t show a replay. I’m there to watch the game, not the crowd. It’s fine to do both, but let the game, not the crowd, be the main course. 

+100

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

You are right, I give. Knowing the outcome of the rest of the season after the fact of that year, you are correct. 

I (wrongly I guess) associate those years by Rose bowls Jan 05/06 etc. but yes. I was wrong. 

Stadium was still louder. 

You’re wrong on that too. 

21 minutes ago, Fire Jack Chevigny said:

Another shot of Bevo emerging from the smoke. Swiped from the Texas Football instagram story.

d62133b99f31c1274484a379fc5d0b58.png

Badass picture.  Maybe they can photoshop out the shovel handle.  Bevo looked a little Surly when he came out.  

That's a damn beautiful animal.  

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1