Game Atmosphere

blacklab

7 hours ago, DaysOff said:
14 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:
the pussy that was out last night was absolutely top notch....the dimes were out in droves and I can't imagine a more talent rich environment for a night

Watching the replay. Watch the 4th and goal stop by UT in the 2nd when 14 to 13. Lower left corner white blouse titty bounce. Fabulous.

Good eye. Caught that myself 

11 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

And did the band play Wabash Cannonball between the 3rd and 4th? I didn’t hear it if so.

Now that you mention it, I don't remember it either.

11 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

That NCAA announcement (or even worse if it was our idea) sucked and was untimely. Announce that 30 minutes before the game if you feel you must. Everyone around me and several people I talked to after the game were especially puzzled that the announcement said not to make “racist,sexist, homophobic, or transphobic” comments during the game.

When was this?

On 9/9/2018 at 5:05 PM, blacklab said:

Yeah, the camerman hung out on our row for a good 10 minutes focused on the 12yo girl next to us who was dancing the whole time, but she never got on the big screen.

If anyone knows how to sign your kids up for the running of the herd please let me know.

I heard how to do it this week - you have to go to Bevo Blvd, and sign up at the marketing tent.

Kids have to be between 7 and 11, and it's limited and first come-first served. I think the limit is 100, but don't quote me on that number. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

OU Sucks has very clear unwritten rules that a lot of people fuck up.  And that is that other than being employed in the Cotton Bowl while playing OU it is ONLY also employed at the home game prior to OU WHEN a victory is clearly in hand.  

I was in school 10 years ago and I loved that I arrived to my only TX-OU experience at the Cotton Bowl to hear that for the first time. It was great. Had no idea we did that until I was in the Cotton Bowl. It is pretty lame to hear it otherwise.

There was plenty of MTES.  There also was some SC sucks.  The OU sucks people were just being dumb.
MTES?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

if you gotta abbv. It would be MEES.

MAKE 'EM EAT SHIT.

and having been one of those at the game against the swine in the drum where mees started I still mees unless it is the OU game then it is OU SUCKS unless of course we are pounding the shit out of em and then it's make em eat shit. Ps fuck eddie sutton fuck him in his chankerous rotted goat ass.

drives me crazy. That and the Wolf of Wall Street bull shit.

PLEASE MAKE THE WOLF OF WALL STREET BULLSHIT GO AWAY!!!

FUCKING TERRIBLE!!!

We do enough slobbering of McConaughey...and can some one tell him for once to do a real hook em? Not that reverse bullshit hook em? Drives me crazy.

33f3bc21c07d9e9104d3182e88b0f3da.png

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, texas08 said:

PLEASE MAKE THE WOLF OF WALL STREET BULLSHIT GO AWAY!!!

FUCKING TERRIBLE!!!

We do enough slobbering of McConaughey...and can some one tell him for once to do a real hook em? Not that reverse bullshit hook em? Drives me crazy.

33f3bc21c07d9e9104d3182e88b0f3da.png

When the "real hook em" started it was done that way by many. Now go back to bitching.

HOOKEMTCURallyjpg.jpg

Edited by Goodman
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

MTES?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

MAKE 'EM EAT SHIT.

and having been one of those at the game against the swine in the drum where mees started I still mees unless it is the OU game then it is OU SUCKS unless of course we are pounding the shit out of em and then it's make em eat shit. Ps fuck eddie sutton fuck him in his chankerous rotted goat ass.

Kirk Bohls mentor's mentor wrote a story about you and your gang in the statesman expressing shock that UT students would say such untoward things about other young men.

18 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

The olds do that or Go Horns Go.  The students and younger alumni still say make em eat shit. Unfortunately people in my section are starting to bring their kids with them and we’re getting a bunch of dirty looks so some people have switched to the OU which I agree is very aggyish.

Holy shit, you can't be serious. Make 'em eat shit was in full swing when I hit the 40 back in '83. LMAO.

And yeah, as has been mentioned, "OU Sucks" is only for the TX/OU game, and the game before, IF the game is well in hand.

Edited by wood
  • Like 4

My first reaction when hearing that USC kid talking about our 'hostile environment' was to wonder what kind of environment he's used to playing in.

16 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Good point. Stanford a top-10 team hosting rival USC the other week and I flip on the game and see tons of empty seats/section. I was thinking WTF if you can’t fill up the stadium when you are good and playing an in-state rival that’s not an ideal situation.

Yeah, I would describe that as 'less than optimal'. 

10 minutes ago, wood said:

Holy shit, you can't be serious. Make 'em eat shit was in full swing when I hit the 40 back in '83. LMAO.

And yeah, as has been mentioned, "OU Sucks" is only for the TX/OU game, and the game before, IF the game is well in hand.

Yep.  My older sister taught it to me when I was a kid and she was at UT in '80.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:

and I notices a wonderful trend of not only no bras, but a ton of extremely low cut tops that had like a huge V opening from the neck down to the belly button exposing the entire middle of the chest and stomach....great things are happening in Austin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrPhlegm said:

MTES?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

MAKE 'EM EAT SHIT.

My inner English major making an appearance.  Sorry. 

Seems that dude in the middle didn’t get the gdamn memo!!
That "dude in the middle" is Harley Clark who invented the hook em sign. Backwards frontwards up or down it's a hook em and it's all good.

Horns down is NOT a diss despite what aggy and sooner and other various cretins think, horns down is what Bevo does before he charges, hooks you in the groin and flings you 30 feet in the air.
  • Like 1

The improvements this game were dramatic. The general admissions was handled much better this time around. We were stopped before entering the tunnel, letting us know the section had been filled. We were informed to go up to the next section. Very nice flow and easy to know where to go. In the student section, we almost unanimously chanted MEES. There were a couple of drunk frat guys around who kept chanting OU Sucks. My girlfriend, who has never been to a football game in her life, asked why they were chanting that when we weren't even playing them. We started numerous "USC Sucks" chants throughout the game. My only complaint was some asshole was running and knocking a fresh Shiner out of my hand as I was going back to my seat. Shit spewed all over my shirt and wasted half a beer

On 9/16/2018 at 9:25 PM, Surly Bevo said:

OU Sucks has very clear unwritten rules that a lot of people fuck up.  And that is that other than being employed in the Cotton Bowl while playing OU it is ONLY also employed at the home game prior to OU WHEN a victory is clearly in hand.  

this

On 9/16/2018 at 7:25 PM, Surly Bevo said:

If it's the end of a win in a road game the week before Texas-ou sucks, I think it's also acceptable.

It also goes without saying that no matter the day or time, ou does, in fact, suck.

Tuesday morning coffee with my first look at SC / Horns at DKR.  Eerthang's looking _good_, Surlies.  And only 78 degrees.  Viewing what I hope is a watershed moment.  Horns belong in the upper echelon if you can shake off the gremlins.  Announcers seem a little too delighted when SC scores on opening drive.  Schwarzenegger arms ref!  Stadium and crowd are grandiloquent.  If I'm alive I must find a way to Bama / Horns in '22, and alla y'all come to my house in '23.  Hey, the burnt band sounding fine, and chaps girls are very, ah, chappy.  Peace.

Tuesday morning coffee with my first look at SC / Horns at DKR.  Eerthang's looking _good_, Surlies.  And only 78 degrees.  Viewing what I hope is a watershed moment.  Horns belong in the upper echelon if you can shake off the gremlins.  Announcers seem a little too delighted when SC scores on opening drive.  Schwarzenegger arms ref!  Stadium and crowd are grandiloquent.  If I'm alive I must find a way to Bama / Horns in '22, and alla y'all come to my house in '23.  Hey, the burnt band sounding fine, and chaps girls are very, ah, chappy.  Peace.

I got a little irritated there then remembered Llamas cant reach the enter key.

I've been parking in the pink lot next to soccer/track stadium for the last ~10 years.  The lot usually doesn't have the biggest tailgating scene and has cars still pulling in when we start walking to stadium.  This week there were fraternity tailgates all over the place with giant tents and DJs.  I wasn't at Tulsa game but that definitely didn't happen in previous years.  The parking lot was packed with students hours before the game started.

1 hour ago, Angry Gorilla said:

I've been parking in the pink lot next to soccer/track stadium for the last ~10 years.  The lot usually doesn't have the biggest tailgating scene and has cars still pulling in when we start walking to stadium.  This week there were fraternity tailgates all over the place with giant tents and DJs.  I wasn't at Tulsa game but that definitely didn't happen in previous years.  The parking lot was packed with students hours before the game started.

Why do you have a picture of my dog as your avatar? ?

8 hours ago, troph said:

I may be lame but I’m fine with give em hell, give em hell, go horns go. And of course OU sucks day of and game before if winning by a good margin.

I may be old here but we sang "Hail! Hail! The gang's all here and it is goodbye to all the rest!"

Edited by Texas73

7 minutes ago, Texas73 said:

I may be old here but we sang "Hail! Hail! The gang's all here and it is goodbye to all the rest!"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Fight

"Hail, Hail, the gang's all here" is rarely, if ever, sung. It is almost always replaced with "Give 'em hell, give 'em hell! Go, Horns, go!" Another version often used at football games, particularly by students, is "Give 'em hell, give 'em hell! Make 'em eat shit!", which was intended originally as a jab at the Arkansas Razorbacks. Another version used at the annual Texas-OU game is "Give 'em hell, give 'em hell! OU sucks!"