Game Atmosphere

blacklab

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Please don’t play that shit after touchdown over Texas Fight.

Yeah, what the fuck was that? And they played some guitar shit while the team was taking the field for the second half. LHB seemed to be playing Texas Fight, but all I could hear was the scoreboard bullshit. 

53 minutes ago, Xian said:

That was KSU 03 lvl loud 

Nah. It was loud at times, but not consistently. Once USC went up 14-3, the crowd shut up. Took a while to get back going. Like we all expected the collapse. Glad the team came through and the fans got louder again. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 3:04 PM, Captainant said:

LHB Alum here. The LHB director, Scott Hanna, is a politician of a director. He's completely out of touch with what a good gameday experience is and thinks that playing the chest thump thing a dozen times in a row, ala boomer sooner, constitutes good UT football gameday music. He write shit marching shows that are all squiggly bullshit that look like nothing and he builds the student leadership of LHB to be a bunch of "yes" men and women validating every ill-thought out idea he has. He was the one of the least fun parts of being in LHB for 5 years, and the band has only gotten stodgier and more boring since he became the head director a couple years ago.

And since he plays the politics game so much he's not going anywhere. It's infuriating to see him turn what should a be a loud, fun, energetic group into a repetitive, demure, clapping section. Anything and all the chants the bad does that are "problematic" like "make em eat shit" and "OU sucks" or "Lubbock sucks" and some of the more raunchy chants all had the kibosh put on them under threat of docking grade points.

we need a fire scott hanna thread

• Like 3

Not sure if CDC even considered this when they were working on Bevo Blvd., but it really helps get the alums into the stadium early, too.

Everyone I talked to this week about the game wanted to get down there early to see how BB would work out. It was packed! (Maybe uncomfortably so) And that made it easy to head to your seats earlier than normal since people were already hanging right around the stadium. I really liked that aspect of it.

Need more TVs with different games on them, but it was still a great set-up. 

The stadium was completely full 15 minutes before kickoff. I can't remember the last time it was full 15 minutes AFTER kickoff. As TexPete mentioned, having Bevo Blvd right in front of the stadium and drawing fans closer in from the tailgates was a genius move. We lost our tailgate when lot 7 went away, and this finally feels like a good replacement. BB was packed and all the energy from it made people just want to naturally get to their seats in anticipation. Haven't seen DKR that excited about a game since Missouri 2008. The students showed out and that drives a whole stadium.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

The student section started it off during the USC band’s opening playing of their school song with a massive “Fuck SC” chant.  

Such a no class move by the students. Last year at USC no booing when Texas entered the stadium and defiantly  no FU Texas chant. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 16

And that's fair.

Nah. It was loud at times, but not consistently. Once USC went up 14-3, the crowd shut up. Took a while to get back going. Like we all expected the collapse. Glad the team came through and the fans got louder again. 

8 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

Music selection was great. Lack of ads made me realize I was actually at a sporting event. Definitely a big step in the right direction. 

I agree less ads have been great, but they're definitely still feeling out the music selection. 

Last week was like half dubstep, techno with Godzillatron shaking and the other half 90s arena music.  This week still the techno/beats but with less volume, combined with more 80s style stuff.  It's a little cringeworthy at times IMO.

Still don't understand why the concessions on the East side Upper Deck are consistently understaffed.  BS.

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

So not sure what changed from last week to this week, but getting out of the navy blue lot by LBJ was a complete cluster fuck. They really need to put cops at that lot and at red river and 26th to direct traffic. Not just stand around and talk about how many dogs they have shot.

My last game in Austin was Domer and I experienced total APD incompetence.  They are complete fucktards.  Seriously, hire 100 MPs from Mabry and Swift.  APD are totally incompetent.  THEY DO NOTHING to manage egress.  Total shitshow.   They should all serve jailtime for their stupidity that can't be measured with current technology.

My first home game in three years. I can’t believe how much better it is. 
this right here. I was pleasantly surprised and happy that the east side wasn't 30,000 blue hairs and the music want something intending to keep the blue hairs from waking up. people were standing and watching and cheering.

it appears someone at least knows what songs have a wide appeal to the youth... (an l eden sine of the older songs like 'September' seemed to keep the energy going. )

the game and experience was awesome.

5 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Took me 40 fucking mins to get 2 beers. Should have walked downstairs.

My only complaint. The mobile beer guys were being lazy and never stepped foot in the seating sections. They simply went to the long beer lines and hit up the cash people creating even more of a cluster fuck. Set up more beer stations or hire more mobile guys so you don’t have to leave your seat. They are losing money!

• Like 1

Also, might be because i can finally have a beer out in the open to guzzle it down, but hot damn the stadium corny dogs were good last night. Completely enjoyed STANDING on the alumni side, drunk, with a mustard covered corny dog just as texas started coming back.

Can say with complete honesty that yesterday was one of the best game experiences i have ever had at DKR, and i had a bunch. Fuck i love texas football.

• Like 4

Okay crowd last night. Was nice to see the place full and mostly orange and white - after how well Texas fans traveled last year I kind of expected the same from SC. Was loud at points but overall a little tame for the size. ND 2016 and WVU 2012 definitely louder in recent years. Maybe that was due to more road fans than normal. Definitely agree that overall atmosphere/experience is much improved.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

My only complaint. The mobile beer guys were being lazy and never stepped foot in the seating sections. They simply went to the long beer lines and hit up the cash people creating even more of a cluster fuck. Set up more beer stations or hire more mobile guys so you don’t have to leave your seat. They are losing money!

For beer or having concession stands with only one line open. Taking son to get chicken tenders took for fucking ever. Got to front of line and they said that’s all they had staff for. Inexcusable. 

There were a bunch in my section, including 2 right behind me.

A half hour before the game started they were showing highlights from 2005 and they were not amused. "They need to get over it" was my favorite quote.

Crowd was rocking and it was a great atmosphere. Blocked FG was probably on par with ND but not quite Mizzou 2008 level.

Seemed like more ads this week but it was tolerable.

The replays really sucked ass. Not very many or from good angles. Never showed a replay of a second down play for USC due to showing a fucking 3rd down/get loud graphic. Show some more fucking replays plz.

What was with the “Don’t stop believing” song before pregame.  Apparently we cut out the giant Texas flag down to nothing to save time but we had 3 minutes to spare for a Journey song with crowd singing shots on the Godzillatron while the band just stood in the end zone the whole time?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Okay crowd last night. Was nice to see the place full and mostly orange and white - after how well Texas fans traveled last year I kind of expected the same from SC. Was loud at points but overall a little tame for the size. ND 2016 and WVU 2012 definitely louder in recent years. Maybe that was due to more road fans than normal. Definitely agree that overall atmosphere/experience is much improved.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ND was a closer game. This game was over by mid 3rd quarter. The Burt TD in the ND game was epically loud.