Game Atmosphere

blacklab

8 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I like all of he people complaining about the students not going to the game because it looked bad when they saw it on TV. 

Huge difference between a grown ass man not making it over to another city on a weekend said city is having a giant festival and a student that lives in town already not walking over to the stadium.

8 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

There are always going to be empty spaces in the student sections unless we oversell tickets.  Everyone stands and just crams down as close as they can.  There could be as many bodies as there are seats, and there will still be open spaces of bleachers.  I have no idea how you fix that.

It wasn’t just some empty spaces, it was all of section 32 and more than half of the end zone.

There are always going to be empty spaces in the student sections unless we oversell tickets.  Everyone stands and just crams down as close as they can.  There could be as many bodies as there are seats, and there will still be open spaces of bleachers.  I have no idea how you fix that.

double post

Edited by TKthunder2
  • Like 1

Triple post

Edited by TKthunder2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Huge difference between a grown ass man not making it over to another city on a weekend said city is having a giant festival and a student that lives in town already not walking over to the stadium.

Maybe. Also the grown ass man has to stay home to keep the youngsters off his lawn and shit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walte464 said:

Have to understand that ACL was this weekend, with half the student population in Dallas last weekend, this was the only weekend they could go.

Whatever.  Students that went to ACL are still shitty fans.  Period.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Maybe. Also the grown ass man has to stay home to keep the youngsters off his lawn and shit. 

Clearly wasn't referring to myself specifically as I was referring to the general adult fans versus students dynamic. That said, adults do have quite a few more responsibilities than college students and access to the game is quite different. I never missed a home game while in school, but I'm lucky to make it for one home  game  and TX-OU now. I still make time to catch the game, but can't really squeeze out enough time to drive over to Austin, watch the game, and drive back home on a regular basis 

Edited by IDIOTsavant
Typo

there is nothing like a mid October sunburn in Texas. Fall weather anyone?

I can't complain though. 3 damn good entertaining home games so far this year. (USC, TCU, and Baylor)

Not sure we had 3 good entertaining home games in the last 5 years before this season. (Notre Dame and....?)

Edited by yoladu

3 minutes ago, yoladu said:

there is nothing like a mid October sunburn in Texas. Fall weather anyone?

I can't complain though. 3 damn good entertaining home games so far this year. (USC, TCU, and Baylor)

Not sure we had 3 good entertaining home games in the last 5 years before this season. (Notre Dame and....?)

KSU last season.

First of all. Those of you still bitching about the game day experience are some nit picky bitches. Have you forgotten jetpack man, the taco Bell gong, and the endless parade of bullshit awards during timeouts? Seriously get the fuck out of here with that shit. It's never going to go back to whatever misremembered and white washed image of your college days. 

Also, the ACL impact is real. The idiot who said we should move the game to a night start is full on retarded. Make the game an 11am kick and have fucking shuttles from DKR to zilker starting at 230. Embrace it, fuck the halftime show did. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, happyfunball said:

Will say that we saw almost no Baylor fans all yesterday at the game and around campus.  I think the lack of Baylor fans made the place feel emptier than it was. 

Yeah, I was kinda surprised by that as well. I wonder if most stayed home thinking it was going to be a beat down?

53 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Except it was asian people, but the dancing is similar.  You can't spell caucasian without asian.

giphy.gif

Hey now Genki Sudo  and WORLD ORDER are awesome, I will not sit idly by as a high quality street theater dance troupe led by a retired MMA fighter is besmirched

Edited by Thermos H. Christ
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Atmosphere wasn’t bad. Getting the band mic’d was nice, bit often I couldn’t hear them and sometimes they were drowned out by the music. Then during the ref explanation of a Baylor timeout, all I heard was lil’jon instead lol. 

Lil' Jordan or Lil' Jon?

Before CDC our game atmosphere was almost none existent. The changes he has made definitely improved our environment, especially with moving the students closer. The only thing I wish is that the Bob Bullock parking lot was still usable for tailgating. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

ESPN found a family of them and spent the entire game talking about it. 

Yeah, I think their son plays some position on Baylor's team.  I hear he's pretty good.  I wonder if Texas offered him a scholarship.  

Edited by stork642

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

Wonder if the kid went to Lake Travis?

Yeah, I was kind of upset they didn't explain all that more.  I felt like the story almost took a back seat.  And by that I mean a back seat in the in the all-new 2019 Ford Expedition, blue with white leather interior.  It has wireless charging.  It has also paid for won several accolades for its design and features.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Yeah, I was kind of upset they didn't explain all that more.  I felt like the story almost took a back seat.  And by that I mean a back seat in the in the all-new 2019 Ford Expedition, blue with white leather interior.  It has wireless charging.  It has also paid for won several accolades for its design and features.

Lulz.  Took me a sec, but well played.

On 10/14/2018 at 10:37 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

South end zone was the main issue. Was empty. 

The rest was fine and loud. 

You'd have to pay me to sit in the south end zone against Baylor in that weather.

It's not like this game was supposed to be exciting. I think it's probably a ho-hum 20 point win with Sam in the whole game.

WVU will be 100,000+

Will say that we saw almost no Baylor fans all yesterday at the game and around campus.  I think the lack of Baylor fans made the place feel emptier than it was. 
Yeah, I was kinda surprised by that as well. I wonder if most stayed home thinking it was going to be a beat down?
This. Saw very few Baylor fans at the game.
There was severe weather and some tornadoes a few hours before kickoff so the majority probably just stayed home.
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 9:38 PM, satyanash said:

Look at Jack Trice tonight for a perfect example of a phenomenal stadium atmosphere.

Upsetting an undefeated top 10 opponent at night leads to a raucous stadium atmosphere. Noted.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Upsetting an undefeated top 10 opponent at night leads to a raucous stadium atmosphere. Noted.

Exactly. Texas games are as electric as anyone else's when we play big games. And, like everyone else, the atmosphere is lame when we play shitty teams. The same is true for Bama, Clemson, aggy, and anyone else.

There were close to 90k there against a mediocre opponent on a hot and humid day competing with ACL. The annoying shit  like jet packs and constant adzillatron thanks to Chris plonsky is mostly gone. We struggled to fill a stadium of 77k in the 90s before HDTV was even a gleam in your eye. So basically,

quit yo bitchin’

There were close to 90k there against a mediocre opponent on a hot and humid day competing with ACL. The annoying shit  like jet packs and constant adzillatron thanks to Chris plonsky is mostly gone. We struggled to fill a stadium of 77k in the 90s before HDTV was even a gleam in your eye. So basically,
quit yo bitchin’

Not even close to 90k but its all good

6ccb24b8261feb6fa594abe6c324ca05.jpg

That was in the 3rd quarter. It wasnt hot, it was 82 degrees with 35 mph breeze. It wasnt raining or gonna rain, and tickets were available cheap as shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

That was in the 3rd quarter. It wasnt hot, it was 82 degrees with 35 mph breeze. It wasnt raining or gonna rain, and tickets were available cheap as shit.

Comparing the 3rd quarter to the first? I didn’t say 90k stayed the whole game. 

And yeah it’s not that hot in the shade. It’s plenty hot in the sun with high humidity after a bunch of rain. 

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

It wasn’t hot?  You know how I know you didn’t go to the game?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

It hit 90 degrees during the game, where the fuck were you?

My bad, it was 86 at game start time (with a 26mph wind gusting to 30mph), and got all the way up to a blistering temp of 89 degrees (with same winds) just around the end of the 3rd quarter (all according to weatherunderground). It was 83 degrees when the game ended

the whole game felt like it was 80 degrees because of the wind. It was nice as shit. Even in the sun, its not that hot pussies. I had season tickets in that sun for almost a decade and never missed a minute of game action. Some of yall need to either man the fuck up or quit bitching. Lol, humidity? Gtfo, 

attendance was garbage, but thats why i love the new student section policy. Whatever yall wanna use to justify the shitty attendance, go ahead. But it was one of the worst attended home games ive ever been to

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Those 2 big empty sections in the upper decks? That's where visiting teams tickets are allocated. 

3 minutes ago, hornian said:

Those 2 big empty sections in the upper decks? That's where visiting teams tickets are allocated. 

The empty section on the north end was where the band was. I don't think they made it back up there until close to the end of the 3rd quarter, lulz

57 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

My bad, it was 86 at game start time (with a 26mph wind gusting to 30mph), and got all the way up to a blistering temp of 89 degrees (with same winds) just around the end of the 3rd quarter (all according to weatherunderground). It was 83 degrees when the game ended

the whole game felt like it was 80 degrees because of the wind. It was nice as shit. Even in the sun, its not that hot pussies. I had season tickets in that sun for almost a decade and never missed a minute of game action. Some of yall need to either man the fuck up or quit bitching. Lol, humidity? Gtfo, 

attendance was garbage, but thats why i love the new student section policy. Whatever yall wanna use to justify the shitty attendance, go ahead. But it was one of the worst attended home games ive ever been to

If true you haven’t been going to games for really all that long then. Certainly not before Mack Brown showed up. At what was supposed to be Ricky’s final game against Kansas in 97 before he decided to come back there might have been 40k there, maybe. 

• 2 weeks later...