”I Feel Love” — Donna Summer

Edited by AustinMT

9 hours ago, Assman said:

Songs that should never be played at DKR:

-Sweet Caroline

-Livin' on a Prayer

-Don't Stop Belivin'

-Friends in Low Places

Any other shitty piano bar songs I missed?  Basically, if you can picture a 40-something cougar in a piano bar, waving her cosmo in the air as she screams the lyrics to this song, it should never be played at a football game.

This atrocity was in vogue the year I moved to Chicago as the White Sox anthem during their WS run.  I swore my allegiance to the Cubs that fall after hearing that god damned 'song' eleventy billion times. 

Sometime circa 2012 godzillatron became briefly self aware and shut itself off for about a quarter, I can only assume out of humiliation. It was wonderful. You could actually hear things happening in the stadium again, like a real football game. I understand we can’t go back to that now, because morons, but it sure was nice.

“Create the Mood” playlist for the crowd:
”Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe” — Barry White
”Let’s Get It On” — Marvin Gaye
”Feel Like Makin’’ Love” — Bad Company
JFC dude. This is football. Despite the defenestration of violence happening with the fucking sport, it's still all about bringing the pain. Fuck off with this love shit.

On 10/3/2018 at 10:10 PM, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I also know that the work remix by asap ferg should always be played for both fans and players. I think vegas would give any team an extra point for that extra hype. (Sorry to the non millenials that don't know a man named ferg)

No. If they did play that shitty song they’d have to start at the “chorus”. That and the twenty seconds after are the only redeeming parts of that song 

6 hours ago, TexMexBuddha said:
On 10/3/2018 at 10:05 PM, AustinMT said:
“Create the Mood” playlist for the crowd:
”Can’t Get Enough of Your Love, Babe” — Barry White
”Let’s Get It On” — Marvin Gaye
”Feel Like Makin’’ Love” — Bad Company

JFC dude. This is football. Despite the defenestration of violence happening with the fucking sport, it's still all about bringing the pain. Fuck off with this love shit.

Apparently you haven’t learned the term “Irony”

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 12:09 PM, Tex Pete said:

Someone needs to sit down with the new band director and explain the sport of football to him. He must be someone who has always thought playing at a football game was just practice for band competition.

I assume they just play after each down on a script because I noticed Saturday that they would play things at nonsensical times. For instance, I kept hearing them play the shortened Eyes at least twice after we gave up a first down on third down. Several years ago, the band only played that after getting a stop on third down. I also noticed them playing the little ditty they generally play as the offense seems to be gaining momentum (no idea what it's called, but they've only played it for a few years) after we got stopped for a loss.

Perhaps the moron could pay attention to the football game and see how the band could add to the atmosphere.

I always notice this. Like you said, we only used to play the first part of The Eyes after a big stop, usually on 3rd down. Now we do it all the fucking time and it’s lost its significance. And that fucking ditty they do when we are on offense is so terrible. 

Edited by SubliminalHorn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

And is it me or did we steal a song thing from LSU/Florida? I swear I’ve heard one of things we play as the exact song one of them play too. 

Yeah we've been playing "Neck" for a while now. But pretty sure LSU has banned it because the student section liked to participate.

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

And is it me or did we steal a song thing from LSU/Florida? I swear I’ve heard one of things we play as the exact song one of them play too. 

The horn riff from Jackson 5's Dancing Machine?

A lot of schools play that.  The youngins think it is a Yung Wun song, so it works for all ages.

@1:45

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Way too much pumped in music vs band and chants. But overall, the game day has been cleaned up even more than last year. RIP hype-crew.

And official game attendance listed at 93k +.  No way. Lots of the olds skipped today as there was plenty of aluminum showing on the west side. Damn good seats sat empty the whole game. Terrace and club seats less than half filled.  Maybe boosters perceived they would melt in the rain and you can’t fill those seats and have the unwashed masses sitting with the established crowd.

Crowd that was there stayed into the game pretty well though.

Edited by Newdoc

They did a much better job getting the band onto the field and into their pregame show. No long pauses that ruin the atmosphere.  So, I must have been onto something when CDC saw my tweet, although a bunch of sunshine pumpers shat on me.

Also liked having the band mic'd up.

9 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Way too much pumped in music vs band and chants. But overall, the game day has been cleaned up even more than last year. RIP hype-crew.

And official game attendance listed at 93k +.  No way. Lots of the olds skipped today as there was plenty of aluminum showing on the west side. Damn good seats sat empty the whole game. Terrace and club seats less than half filled.  Maybe boosters perceived they would melt in the rain and you can’t fill those seats and have the unwashed masses sitting with the established crowd.

Crowd that was there stayed into the game pretty well though.

Game presentation now compared to what it used to be is fantastic. I think they have the right mix of piped in music vs band. You need to have some recorded music with bass to hype up the crowd on big downs. Can’t be just the band.

11 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

band keeps playing 3rd down music on 2nd down. Bothers me

Yep, the band director obviously doesn’t understand when the band is supposed to play. They played the taunting music after we gave up 8 yards on first down.  Even the blue hair lady in front of me was looking around and saying “wtf is the shit?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RexWilson said:

Band section was mic'd up. I thought it was a nice improvement. Now just give them more air time.

Yep.

The student section was disappointing again.  The remodel is going to take away all their end zone seats it seems and that’s probably for the best.

Atmosphere wasn’t bad. Getting the band mic’d was nice, bit often I couldn’t hear them and sometimes they were drowned out by the music. Then during the ref explanation of a Baylor timeout, all I heard was lil’jon instead lol. 

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

ACL this weekend. Empty seats were inevitable.

Looked like the same amount of empty seats that were there during Tulsa and TCU too.  I know Herman threw out the ACL excuse but that appears to be our average student attendance and the USC game was above average.

It’s not a good look, taking away the student seats in the SEZ and moving those students to the large group on the East side will look at lot better.

There are always going to be empty spaces in the student sections unless we oversell tickets.  Everyone stands and just crams down as close as they can.  There could be as many bodies as there are seats, and there will still be open spaces of bleachers.  I have no idea how you fix that.

3 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

There are always going to be empty spaces in the student sections unless we oversell tickets.  Everyone stands and just crams down as close as they can.  There could be as many bodies as there are seats, and there will still be open spaces of bleachers.  I have no idea how you fix that.

We chain the students to a certain location once they've identified where they want to sit/stand.

• Like 2

My girlfriend looked up at one moment while my boys and I were watching the game and said, “is that a Jumbotron?” I said, “yeah”, she said, “that’s stupid.”

Glad they’ve toned it down. Might get back into season tickets soon if they keep it up.

On 10/5/2018 at 9:49 AM, Tired of Lurking said:

I wish the song was better.

Oh, come on... this is some Walt Whitmanesque stuff right here:

"Damn, this nigga nice, fuck is you talking about?
('Cause I got) bitch (Hoes)
And my nigga One-Six, my nigga
Ali, the Daytrip nigga, fuck is niggas talking about?
(I got hoes, shit
Young Sheck Wes, I do it on the go)"

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I think your note about the olds is an important one and I'll add the lower number of students yesterday.

This was the weekend after Texas v ousux. Many had travelled to Dallas for that game. ACL was going on. A niece of someone who sits next to me dropped by, she's a student. (Neg please no pics) Students we're also in Dallas at ACL and had tests.

I was beat from last weekend. So were the olds. (I sorta am an old)  Students we're beat down from ACL, Texas v ousux and tests. It was 80 something and humid as fuck, just like last weekend.

People both students and olds didn't want to be in the heat.

Make this an evening game, olds show up a little stronger due to less heat. Students show up drunk, and I'm not grumpy as fuck about weather being hot and humid.

The time of this game was fucking terrible. Yeah yeah, TV contracts, don't we have our own fucking station?

These are the types of excuses that make our fanbase soft.   There is nothing wrong with a 2:30 kickoff.  Hell, it's the prime time game in the SEC.   

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1