Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

First anti-Beto propaganda to pop up on my FB feed (I have over 4000 friends. Don't ask).

Beto has a pottymouth.

It's a Texas Tribune video, I don't think this was meant as anti-Beto propaganda. Looks anywhere from neutral to pro-Beto depending on how you feel about his passion.

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I am organizing a prayer breakfast tomorrow for the sole purpose to get Beto O'Rourke to stop using strong language on the campaign trail.

Plates start at $300 and guarantee you access to my mailing list. 

Civility!!!

33 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:
35 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:
Am I wrong for saying that any time/money spent in Austin at this point is a waste for Beto? If I were him, I'd do a month tour in solely hispanic parts of the state. 

every vote counts. Getting high turnout in Travis county is very important for Beto.

of course voter turnout is important in the cities. i just think there's more to gain by targeting the hispanic parts of the state. that's where the voter participation is lowest. beto should have ATX locked down by now.

49 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Am I wrong for saying that any time/money spent in Austin at this point is a waste for Beto? If I were him, I'd do a month tour in solely hispanic parts of the state. 

Fundraising and getting people for phone banks etc.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

of course voter turnout is important in the cities. i just think there's more to gain by targeting the hispanic parts of the state. that's where the voter participation is lowest. beto should have ATX locked down by now.

If we look at the 4 largest counties in the Austin media market they swung strongly toward the Democrats in 2016. The total Austin media market reaches 500,000+ Democratic voters in a presidential year, and somewhat less in a midterm, maybe 300,000 to 350,000. Most importantly they represent a region of the state that could swing even more strongly to the Democratic side in 2018. I made a conservative estimate of the percentage that will vote for Beto in each county, but it could be several percentage points better in his favor. Beto needs to build on the voter enthusiasm of his base.

Travis County (5) 75% D. +9.1% 2012-2016
Williamson County (11) 50% D. +8.1% 2012-2016
Bell (17) 47% +2.8% 2012-2018
Hays County (22) 53% D. +6.8% 2012-2016

For the DFW folks.

The last time I was at Four Corners I saw a Japanese businessman get severely intoxicated off a pint of beer. Dude went from normal to disheveled and pervy drunk within 20 minutes. The female bartender tossed his ass out for being a mañoso.

5 hours ago, F250 said:

For the DFW folks.

The last time I was at Four Corners I saw a Japanese businessman get severely intoxicated off a pint of beer. Dude went from normal to disheveled and pervy drunk within 20 minutes. The female bartender tossed his ass out for being a mañoso.

You know this was yesterday, right?

On 7/19/2018 at 6:34 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

First anti-Beto propaganda to pop up on my FB feed (I have over 4000 friends. Don't ask).

Beto has a pottymouth.

That's the best the pro-Ted crowd can some up with?  Really?  Ted may as well fucking go ahead and concede now. 

Some of y'all have PMed me about Beto events, so I wanted to share this link to his organizing rally in Round Rock on the 27th. They are requesting RSVPs and you can do that here.

Join us for an organizing rally where we will meet fellow supporters in the area, hear a special update from the campaign, and leave with specific next steps on how every person can get to work to elect Beto!

When: Friday, July 27 
Time: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
216 E Main St
Round Rock, TX 78664

• Like 3

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Translation:

austingirl is posting this on the public board because she wants to remove the pretext for you to PM her dick pics, after the 35th message she received which simply said, "Hey, when's the Beto thing?  So cool that you're into that.  Anyway, can you help me with this: [image redacted]?"

Nah, I'd just tell y'all to knock it off with the dick pics. I don't have much use for beating around the bush.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A little nudge for those who have bought Beto shirts: wear them.  The donation is nice, but you can take it to the next step by wearing the shirt out in public.  It sucks because most campaign shirts are poorly made and unflattering, but getting the name recognition helps.  You'll also find people come up and talk to you about the candidate, which helps build momentum and excitement.  You may even get some Cruz voters come up and say, "I voted for Cruz last time, but, now..." That's an opportunity to normalize the idea of switching sides. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tuco said:

A little nudge for those who have bought Beto shirts: wear them.  The donation is nice, but you can take it to the next step by wearing the shirt out in public.  It sucks because most campaign shirts are poorly made and unflattering, but getting the name recognition helps.  You'll also find people come up and talk to you about the candidate, which helps build momentum and excitement.  You may even get some Cruz voters come up and say, "I voted for Cruz last time, but, now..." That's an opportunity to normalize the idea of switching sides. 

It's a good point.  And specifically with respect to Beto's shirts, I think the graphic design is pretty top-notch.

4 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Austin guy: Wear your BETO shirt to not only outwardly and visibly share your political affiliations and desires, but also to identify with others and help them know it's okay to think and feel like you do

Austin guy, 2 weeks ago: if you wear a MAGA shirt in public, then it is HATE SPEECH and you deserve to have a DR. Pepper DUMPED on your SKULL!1111

Which Austin guy is that?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Austin guy: Wear your BETO shirt to not only outwardly and visibly share your political affiliations and desires, but also to identify with others and help them know it's okay to think and feel like you do

Austin guy, 2 weeks ago: if you wear a MAGA shirt in public, then it is HATE SPEECH and you deserve to have a DR. Pepper DUMPED on your SKULL!1111

MAGA hats are aggro, brah. 

2 hours ago, Tuco said:

Based on the website description the shirt appears to be a Canvas brand cotton/poly shirt. I've got a few of those, they are very lightweight and very comfortable.