The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Not sure where else this would go:

They are saying the quiet stuff out loud - with a screaming bellow. 
There's a bad moon on the rise.

All the quiet stuff out loud now.

But remember the Two Laws of Brisketexan: 1) it will only get worse, because 2) there is no bottom.

This is where MAGA takes us….and tomorrow, to destinations beyond.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

So would a good ol fashion ass-kicking.  

I think it should be more subtle.  Perhaps start with a burning cross in the yard.  A noose on the door handle.  A dead horses head on the porch.  You know, string it out a bit.  

There's also a million ways to come at this legally besides criminally.  You could money whip them to death with lawsuits.  That'd be fun.  

9 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I think it should be more subtle. 

Opera. Installed on their own security systems. A nice aria or two such as "O mio babbino caro," "Queen of the Night" (has a few high 'F's), and "O Don Fatale." If someone enjoys opera, these are fantastic, but if they don't--the neighbors will put a stop to the whole thing. Or, it could be like Shawshank and the racist neighbors will suddenly discover there is more to life than hate. Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Opera. Installed on their own security systems. A nice aria or two such as "O mio babbino caro," "Queen of the Night" (has a few high 'F's), and "O Don Fatale." If someone enjoys opera, these are fantastic, but if they don't--the neighbors will put a stop to the whole thing. Or, it could be like Shawshank and the racist neighbors will suddenly discover there is more to life than hate. Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.

I can appreciate this method.  With respect to the highlighted portion, In my experience, this kind of epiphany usually comes as the direct  result of chickens coming home to roost.  Reference, COVID FAFO thread.  

I'm just gonna buy some popcorn and see how those chickens arrive, because I have a feeling they're on their way.  You don't go all racist viral against veterans without consequence.  

Not a week goes by where I'm not embarrassed at having been a Republican, but it's like the GOP has decided to ramp things up to 11 in 2021.

FA948g1WYAAa2XC?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/06/politics/idaho-national-guard-brad-little-janice-mcgeachin/index.html

An extraordinary public feud between Idaho's two top leaders escalated on Tuesday when the state's governor, Brad Little, accused fellow Republican Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin of overstepping her authority by ordering the state National Guard to the US-Mexico border while he was in Texas visiting the border.
McGeachin, who is running for governor next year, also drew Little's ire on Tuesday when she attempted to broaden his executive order banning so-called vaccine passports.

Idaho's Constitution says that in the event that the governor leaves the state, the lieutenant governor takes control of "the powers, duties and emoluments" of the governorship until the governor returns.

CNN has contacted the Idaho National Guard and McGeachin's office for comment but did not immediately hear back. It was not clear if any agency acted on or followed McGeachin's initiatives. 

Also on Tuesday, McGeachin tweeted that she "fixed" Little's executive order banning vaccine passports to include banning schools, colleges, and universities from requiring proof of Covid-19 vaccinations or a negative Covid-19 test. 

"I will continue to fight for your individual Liberty!," the lieutenant governor said. 

Eight minutes later, Little tweeted, "I will be rescinding and reversing any actions taken by the Lt. Governor when I return."

The dispute is the latest episode in an ongoing political skirmish between the state's two top leaders. Little, who was first elected in 2018, has not yet declared whether he will seek reelection, but ahead of next year's Republican primary, McGeachin has sought to establish herself as the champion of the Trump wing of the party while attempting to paint Little as an establishment figure.

In the wake of Little's stay-at-home order at the onset of the pandemic last year, McGeachin wrote in an op-ed, "I lose sleep at night because the heavy hand of our government is hurting so many Idahoans." That May, McGeachin issued an executive order banning mask mandates while Little was unaware and out of town, which Little subsequently repealed.

"The action that took place was an irresponsible, self-serving political stunt," Little said at the time. "Taking the earliest opportunity to act solitarily on a highly politicized, polarizing issue without conferring with local jurisdictions, legislators, and the sitting Governor is, simply put, an abuse of power."

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not a week goes by where I'm not embarrassed at having been a Republican, but it's like the GOP has decided to ramp things up to 11 in 2021.

FA948g1WYAAa2XC?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/06/politics/idaho-national-guard-brad-little-janice-mcgeachin/index.html

Why does he hate the troops?  And freedom eagle guns?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

But I love that the Really Fucking Nuts in the GOP have turned on the Somewhat Fucking Nuts in the GOP.

star wars hate GIF

Yeah.....I mean....except....the RFN wing is winning, going away.  All other wings of the party are folding like a cheap tent.  Not even really putting up a fight.  It's all MAGA wingnuttery, all the time.  There's nothing else left.

csb/Yesterday I was on the phone with a client - female business owner.  Very capable and smart woman; a firecracker too.  Anyway, her husband has been involved in the business, helping his wife in various ways and probably being a sounding board.  So we're talking about this employee that they are letting go and out of nowhere he says, "You know, it's like Trump.  Just think of all of the great things he would have done if the democrats had not gotten in his way.  (Employee) is just like Nancy Pelosi - preventing us from doing all of these great things with our business."  Silence.  Then his wife says, "You know, Ojo Rojo is a liberal."  I laugh into receiver.  I don't talk politics, pretty much with anyone, let alone clients.  I used to know this guy. It's obvious to me that he has been infected with brain worms./csb

• Like 1

Okay, we're in a simulation.  I'm a mixed race kid with a messed up childhood, but come the fuck on.  This would make more sense in Florida or Texas or some other Red State.  But we're worried that White People in Connecticut might feel ostracized?  Really?  Did the simulation just pick a random state and say, "Here's where white people will feel badly about themselves if the word 'inclusion' is even whispered."  Were Rhode Island and Alaska undergoing software updates at the time of the bot article?  

Okay, we're in a simulation.  I'm a mixed race kid with a messed up childhood, but come the fuck on.  This would make more sense in Florida or Texas or some other Red State.  But we're worried that White People in Connecticut might feel ostracized?  Really?  Did the simulation just pick a random state and say, "Here's where white people will feel badly about themselves if the word 'inclusion' is even whispered."  Were Rhode Island and Alaska undergoing software updates at the time of the bot article?  
You beat me to it. Lol at white people in CT feeling bad. What a fucking joke.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It should be illegal to have a "campaign manager" for a fucking school board seat.

Agreed. We just went through that in our school district here in Dallas. Wing-nut GQP candidate (a female, blonde real estate agent, go figure) had an out-of-state campaign manager. I think she raised like $40K or some absurd figure. A lot of rabbel-rousing about mask mandates and CRT. Fortunately, she lost pretty badly. But this is the new GQP playbook -- take over local school board positions. The thing is I'm not sure the realtor who ran even knew how manipulated she was in this process.

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Tsk, if those sixty year old white fellows out in rural Texas can feel bullied when the conversation contains the words white and racist, even though the subject doesn't involve them, why should Connecticut be left out? They want some of that negative attention, too!

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

But this is the new GQP playbook -- take over local school board positions.

Definitely. Makes sense as a strategy for them. Especially as any grievances that come up on a local level get filtered through other systems: Republican County commissioners, Republican Election Boards/Officials, and should anything go further, there are over 200 judges that Trump appointed, some of whom will be nonpartisan and some who will not be. It was a logical gamble for them to take.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Quiet parts, out loud, etc etc.

That pretty much has been their MO since the advent of the "southern strategy," but at least they're being open and honest about it now and have stopped speaking in code. Maybe they'll even start to feel so emboldened they'll think they can actually get away with saying "n*gger, n*gger, n*gger" again. I think we're getting close.

Edited by bolverk
there, their, they're
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Quiet parts, out loud, etc etc.

The flip side is that they must be seeing the writing on the wall and are scared shitless if they are saying the quiet parts out loud.

If she had confidence that it wasn't going to happen, she would have kept her mouth shut as she and and others have done for decades.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

The flip side is that they must be seeing the writing on the wall and are scared shitless if they are saying the quiet parts out loud.

If she had confidence that it wasn't going to happen, she would have kept her mouth shut as she and and others have done for decades.

I've spoken on these threads before about time spent as a parent volunteering at the campus level, but also for the district at large as a committee member. Lot of the meetings are set for the noon hour or after five so working parents can give their time, which was nice. Anyway, more than once, the district had a demographer come in due to rapid growth--something that I know other districts were also experiencing then and now. He wasn't with Templeton, although I know they've used them for boundary/rezoning meetings, but I can't recall his name. He was really good and his talk did not just center on our district--he kept backing the view out and showing the region, the state of Texas, and the nation as a whole.

So, it isn't just the polling, it is the overarching realization that the times and faces, they are a changin' , and have been for some time.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
5 hours ago, Lobo said:

I felt bad in Bridgeport and I’m white as fuck.  I felt a lot better in new Haven.

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I refuse to believe that Don Jr. can build enough of a following to build a political career of his own. Hopefully when the Dotard dies his children will disappear from the public eye. 

Ivanka is in a race against time. She turns 40 at the end of this month and despite her two brothers, she's the one to keep an eye on as she's been cultivating her image for a long long time. The Kushners have no need to be in politics, but I'm betting they stay in the game, they've made too much money off of it to stay away.