The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Good. Fucking. Christ.

giphy.gif

Also:

From a 2016 article by CBS reporter Jared Dubin, he talks about an interview Rodgers had with Bill Simmons (Any Given Wednesday) about his concussions...

Here's a partially edited transcript of the exchange about the first concussion:

Rodgers: "I had a bizarre metallic -- one eye went metallic. I could only see out of my right eye."

Simmons: "WHAT?"

Rodgers: "Yeah."

Simmons: "What happened?"

Rodgers: "I got hit. We were playing Washington. I got hit by like three guys on a blitz. London Fletcher came around and he was one of three guys that kind of hit me. Side of the head."

Simmons: "And you lost sight in your left eye?"

Rodgers: "Yeah. It went out -- it was just metallic. It was like a silver metallic in the left side."

HIS EYE WENT METALLIC. I don't even know what that means, but it sounds... not great.

Rodgers hasn't been doing his brain any favors.

I now read everything Rodgers writes in Fredo Corleone's voice.  "I can handle things.  I'm smart.  Not like everybody says, like dumb.  I'm smart and I want respect!"  

How so many Americans continue to idolize such average men will be studied by schoolchildren and doctoral candidates alike for centuries from now.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Always seemed like you need a functioning brain to play the position. Guess not. Must be more of a savant thing. 

I think quarterback intelligence boils down to the ability to quickly proceed through a decision tree under duress, which isn't the same thing as general intelligence.

• Hook 'Em 2

Only the the very best people.....

Oklahoma GOP Chair Nathan Dahm sent out this statement this afternoon, confirming one of the suspects arrested in the panhandle murders was the elected chair of Cimarron County Republican Party.

image.thumb.png.113b2f6cda9ec80876efff70a96520e4.png

Edited by TeeDubya
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

When this GOP's Senate Working Group is too woke for your material, you've officially crossed the career Rubicon, Schneider.  I'm sure you can still play a Proud Bois Charrette/Orgy at the Cheyenne Radisson Inn.  

Shit, even Jim Bruer is still getting decent gigs compared to Rob now.  And Rob was actually funny at one point.  

There's got to be a "The Right is Getting Funnier" joke in here somewhere with regard to Rob getting boo'd off the stage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeeDubya said:

Only the the very best people.....

Oklahoma GOP Chair Nathan Dahm sent out this statement this afternoon, confirming one of the suspects arrested in the panhandle murders was the elected chair of Cimarron County Republican Party.

image.thumb.png.113b2f6cda9ec80876efff70a96520e4.png

I love how they point out that she was only elected by a "handful of people."

• Haha 3

Sorry to hear that.  It's always tough when it's someone you know and care about, that you absolutely know should know better.  But it's such a delicate tightwire act.  You can't just shake 'em and say "snap out of it!"  And you can't just ignore it and pretend everything is precisely the same between you.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Sorry to hear that.  It's always tough when it's someone you know and care about, that you absolutely know should know better.  But it's such a delicate tightwire act.  You can't just shake 'em and say "snap out of it!"  And you can't just ignore it and pretend everything is precisely the same between you.  

I’m thinking about putting together a 2000 mules rebuttal and saying man let’s watch the movie together talk about it then read a few articles (like 10 of them) that have specific critiques or the news that true the vote admitted it had no evidence in court, etc then talk about it. 

I don’t know.

He’s hard to the paint libertarian hates the corruption. Look there’s tons of it, I agree. But then it’s over get rid of all of them. Ugh.

4 minutes ago, troph said:

I’m thinking about putting together a 2000 mules rebuttal and saying man let’s watch the movie together talk about it then read a few articles (like 10 of them) that have specific critiques or the news that true the vote admitted it had no evidence in court, etc then talk about it. 

I don’t know.

He’s hard to the paint libertarian hates the corruption. Look there’s tons of it, I agree. But then it’s over get rid of all of them. Ugh.

Don't put yourself through that.  Just let him go.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

40 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

ff523ea7-60f6-49f1-af4d-dbc23b8f720e_tex

I am cleansing with the democracy on trial frontline documentary. It has commentary but after 30 seconds of commentary there is original source material to corroborate. Refreshing.  

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Get outta town.

I think it’s how he got snagged. He’s pro abortion, pro lgbtq, and yet his limited government and assumption it’s all corrupt got him SNAGGED. 

59 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

You don’t have to convince him to vote for Biden. You have to convince him Trump is not worth his vote.

That’s the actual assignment

The messaging to libertarians is: your vote for a republican is for government to control your reproductive healthcare. You want the government to tell you what to do with your genitals? Hell no. Vote for RFK jr.  Dilute the republican vote to the 3rd party candidate.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ultimately, every "libertarian" is a conservative who leans fascist.  It's the most confounding thing, but we see it here all the time.

I think for this guy it’s pure libertarianism and then belief that every part of the government needs to be severely constrained due to corruption. The deep state triangulation by Trump to capture guys like him and then activating them on election denialism snagged him. Basically captured by rhetoric. He’s honestly more of an anarchist libertarian than a fascist.  Until now I had no proof and hoped he was a misguided naive guy - in the end libertarianism is the political philosophy of the naive, but maybe that’s why so many got snagged. 

1 minute ago, GenXer said:

The messaging to libertarians is: your vote for a republican is for government to control your reproductive healthcare. You want the government to tell you what to do with your genitals? Hell no. Vote for RFK jr.  Dilute the republican vote to the 3rd party candidate.

I’m pretty sure he does not vote at all. I could be wrong. But I like your angle.

1 hour ago, troph said:

I am cleansing with the democracy on trial frontline documentary. It has commentary but after 30 seconds of commentary there is original source material to corroborate. Refreshing.  

For reference:

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, troph said:

I think for this guy it’s pure libertarianism and then belief that every part of the government needs to be severely constrained due to corruption.

He’s honestly more of an anarchist libertarian than a fascist.

There's a lot of that mindset on both sides of the political spectrum. 

Atlantic: The Americans Who Need Chaos.

White men in the conspiracy-theory study were the most sensitive to perceived challenges to status, Petersen told me. But the researchers wrote that the need for chaos was “highest among racial groups facing historical injustice—in particular, Black males.”

Anti-elite conspiracy theories and tear-it-all-down rhetoric can appeal to groups who feel, sometimes quite rightly, aggrieved by long-standing injustice.

As we spoke, I recalled some of the radical rhetoric from the summer of 2020: “If this country doesn’t give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it,” Hawk Newsome, the chairman of Black Lives Matter of Greater New York, said during an interview with Fox News. “I could be speaking figuratively; I could be speaking literally. It’s a matter of interpretation.” When I think about our political and social institutions, I cannot help thinking, “Just let them all burn.”

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

There's a lot of that mindset on both sides of the political spectrum. 

Atlantic: The Americans Who Need Chaos.

The interesting difference - at least to me - is legal disenfranchisement of liberal burn it to the ground groups versus perceived disenfranchised white male burn It to the ground types - unless the corruption is so complete we have no hope.  It leads to false equivalency arguments - they are all corrupt.

But when I say Ken Paxton is demanding DL data on gender changes he’s unaware, when I explain one party wants me dead he disagrees with that party and is unfazed. They are all corrupt makes Trump’s brazen corruption and criminality garden variety because they all are.

hey I’m just asking questions. It’s like they go to school to have talking points. 

in the end politicians are complicated, all want power some wield it more elegantly others with brut force and blood thirst for more. I see a distinct difference but he does not so full circle if they are all the same give me the guy that screams the other side is corrupt the loudest. I guess.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m so behind the trends. I have a tailor in my contacts and actually use her and on the rare occasion that I need to wear a tie I don’t wear it down to my scrotum.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, royiv said:

I’m so behind the trends. I have a tailor in my contacts and actually use her and on the rare occasion that I need to wear a tie I don’t wear it down to my scrotum.

To be fair it does come below your waist to your 20 something year old scrotum level amirite? If so you just haven’t adjusted for age and gravity- that’s a forgivable sin.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, troph said:

To be fair it does come below your waist to your 20 something year old scrotum level amirite? If so you just haven’t adjusted for age and gravity- that’s a forgivable sin.

Just to the belt buckle.

image.thumb.png.5820c796b363427bfa388a1a24f052cc.png

Also, since you watched that donkey show for your buddy, you should get him to watch the Frontline episode in kind.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

You don’t have to convince him to vote for Biden. You have to convince him Trump is not worth his vote.

That’s the actual assignment

Monday Night Raw Yes GIF by WWE

Hammer home that Trump is arguing that a President can do just about anything, and therefore Biden should be allowed to as well.  When they try to argue that’s not what they mean, just tell them that they are wrong and ask why they are disagreeing with President Trump. If they argue, just ask why they are against Trump.  I don’t like to gaslight relatives, but in this case I will.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Just to the belt buckle.

image.thumb.png.5820c796b363427bfa388a1a24f052cc.png

Also, since you watched that donkey show for your buddy, you should get him to watch the Frontline episode in kind.

Don’t ask me how I know tie fashion, but I know scrotal-tie congruence is not a thing. 

I’m going to tell him he needs to watch front line but he won’t, he’s too busy asking questions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, royiv said:

A good manservant would not let you leave the estate with an unkempt tie.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1