The movie you just watched

F250

On 11/6/2023 at 8:26 AM, MissingInAction said:

When Evil Lurks

Holy shit. There were several literal jaw dropping moments for me, and I watch some really fucked up shit.

This flick raised the bar on horror, that's for fucking sure.

Can't say much else without spoiling anything because it is 100% original.

This reminded me of Terrified

Terrified (2017) - IMDb

• Hook 'Em 1

Watched Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.   They really went back to the old Indy and in a god way.  The opening with the Nazis and the train was good fun plus the return to North Africa was nice.  Overall, it was a nice trip down memory lane harkening back to the Raiders and the Last Crusade.  A little goofy but worth a watch.   The call back to Raiders at the end with Marian was nice.  

I doubt I'll watch it again like I have with the first three but I'm glad they made it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lazarus Bocanegra said:

goddamn it mac I told myself I wouldn't be fooled

Just remember what Lucas and Spielberg originally intended the Indy movies to be like....  Saturday morning serials that they grew up watching.  It's not going to win any awards but it's still Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones.  

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

An amazing movie. The early scenes with Eliza and Henry Higgins are just fabulous.

One of my favorites - I always crack up at the scene where she's trying her upscale accent for the first time and says about her alcoholic aunt "it was like mother's milk to her." 

Kung Fu Yoga.  One of Jackie Chan's Chinese kung fu movies.  I like Jackie Chan, so I enjoyed it, but the script is horrible.  It's a mash-up of a kung fu movie and a Bollywood epic.  There are lots of attractive Asian chicks, but sadly, no nudity.  The Bollywood dance number at the end carries it over the top.  I looked it up and was stunned to see that it is one of the top ten grossing movies of all time worldwide because it grossed so much in China.

The Matrix.

No I’d never seen it and figured I should just to connnect the dots on so many memes and references. Seemed like a nerd fantasy about wanting to kick people’s asses and have a hot girlfriend without ever leaving the basement.

Killers of the Flower Moon. Very well done, IMHO. At least some of the thieving, murdering sonsabitches got justice in the end. Book was excellent, too. Live radio wrapup epilogue was a nice touch. Movie made me want to drive a vintage motor vehicle. Don’t need a Pierce Arrow; a Model A Ford would do.

• Hook 'Em 2

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior. My favorite scene was inside the Road Warrior’s car speeding doen the highway, the look on the tied up skycopter geek’s face when the wonder dog, holding a stick in his teeth wired to the triggers of the sawed off shotgun, twitched when a rabbit ran by.

Second favorite: when the bad guy “announcer” reach up to grab the boomerang and hig fingers were converted to vienna sausages. Followed by the feral kid’s howl of triumph!

Best full speed road action film work ever.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 5:55 PM, HiggyBaby said:

Just came off a transatlantic AA flight. Nothing really grabbed my attention in the new release section but it’s just as well because they had The Fifth Element. That’s always worth a watch. Possibly Gary Oldman's greatest role, and that’s saying a lot .

image.gif.7e1475b7e00e60e6e037e576f7c4e271.gif

The Professional by a mile over Fifth Element. But I love both movies. 

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1

The Great Outdoors (1988) starring John Candy, Dan Akroyd and Annette Bening.

Had never seen it. John Candy was a tad bit before my time so not super familiar outside of Trains, Planes & Automobiles and Home Alone (this movie like Home Alone is also a John Hughes film). 

This movie was the epitome of what I’d guess was ‘80’s cheese— nothing really interesting about it and it’s superficial humor, but Candy played the straight man great.

I need to see Brewster Millions and Stripes next.

3 hours ago, BeardIP said:

The Great Outdoors (1988) starring John Candy, Dan Akroyd and Annette Bening.

Had never seen it. John Candy was a tad bit before my time so not super familiar outside of Trains, Planes & Automobiles and Home Alone (this movie like Home Alone is also a John Hughes film). 

This movie was the epitome of what I’d guess was ‘80’s cheese— nothing really interesting about it and it’s superficial humor, but Candy played the straight man great.

I need to see Brewster Millions and Stripes next.

We taped The Great Outdoors off of TV some time in the late 80s and watched it alllll the time - it's still one of my favorite movies. "Big bear! Big bear chase me!"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Netflix- Leave the World Behind (Julia Roberts, Ethan Hawke, Mahershala Ali)

Pretty solid flick, imo.

NYC family randomly goes on a weekend vacation out on Long Island.  Cyber attack shuts everything down. No phones, internet/TV etc.

Bunch of weird shit starts happening.

Nuclear attack on US