It's time to buy in

BigOrange1

1 minute ago, EZ$ said:

I’d be all-in if it wasn’t for the playcalling on 3rd and 4th and short. It’s not that hard....run Ehlinger up the gut.  I guess you still have to be concerned about the kicker and punter.  

True this pissed me off. Every team has nit picky issues tho. Just win baby. 

Edited by UTEX_ME
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Can we still fire Beck though?  Fuck that guy.

If this happened, everybody would be in on this.  He's the Fredo of the operation.  Gotta get rid of him.

At least it looks like Tom has more input on the offense.

I'm in.  I hadn't geeked out like I did today in a long time.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I'm in.  I hadn't geeked out like I did today in a long time.

I roared YES twice in this game.  The Sterns almost-pick-six and the LJH TD to seal it.

I haven't done that in a long, long time.

Still, though, Herman has kind of a demonstrated habit of ill-preparing his teams, so I am not totally bought in. And there's the Fredo factor. But stringing together 2-3-4 wins may really turn things around with the program.  We are now at three, which is a place we haven't been in in a while.  I think if we can stretch it to four in Manhattan we may have actually turned a corner.

Edited by TwiceHorn

43 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Can we still fire Beck though?  Fuck that guy.

No.  I would be all aboard with hiring a good OC and moving beck to receivers, he has skins at that position and he's a good recruiter.  Mehringer can go though.  

Win the big games, don't fuck up the little ones and we can have something special here. 

2 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

No.  I would be all aboard with hiring a good OC and moving beck to receivers, he has skins at that position and he's a good recruiter.  Mehringer can go though.  

Win the big games, don't fuck up the little ones and we can have something special here. 

Yeah, let's see how Ehlinger continues to progress the rest of the season before we jettison one of our best out of state recruiters.

Anyone who is still here after the last decade we’ve had to endure doesn’t need to be told to get on the bandwagon. I cheer this team on regardless of the players and the coach. I’m here for TEXAS!
Pretty much. I've seen every game, either live or on television, since 2006. I'm always in.

As far as the Tom Herman era goes, let's see what happens with perpetual Texas boogeyman K State and the always important key to the Big 12 championship that is OU. His attitude after a loss is a thin skinned, smug asshole, but so was Mack's. Tulsa wasn't fun. But you can't deny that this is the first time in 10 years that Texas has beat back to back ranked opponents or that this is the best start since 2012. Be still my beating heart.

2 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Pretty much. I've seen every game, either live or on television, since 2006. I'm always in.

As far as the Tom Herman era goes, let's see what happens with perpetual Texas boogeyman K State and the always important key to the Big 12 championship that is OU. His attitude after a loss is a thin skinned, smug asshole, but so was Mack's. Tulsa wasn't fun. But you can't deny that this is the first time in 10 years that Texas has beat back to back ranked opponents or that this is the best start since 2012. Be still my beating heart.

Mack's attitude was a thin-skinned defensive bitch.

Both thin-skinned, but there was so much whining and being proud of choking from Mack.

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m on the bandwagon and have been since the bowl game, just some frustrating stuff we have to watch every week where we could be a lot better if we just clean that up. 

Buy in or not this team gives no fucks.  

I'm all in on the players, their effort, and Orlando.  I'm still not sold on the mensa offense.  It's very rare that I see a play design or play call where  I think "wow, that was clever" or "great call."  Instead our good plays on offense seem to come from hero ball by Sam and/or our freakishly athletic receivers.   

• Like 1

Just now, bschoolprof said:

I'm all in on the players, their effort, and Orlando.  I'm still not sold on the mensa offense.  It's very rare that I see a play design or play call where  I think "wow, that was clever" or "great call."  Instead our good plays on offense seem to come from hero ball by Sam and/or our freakishly athletic receivers.   

Meh. Our scheme on O is solid. Our playcalling isnt great. Our qb play isnt great either. With a better QB arm and decision maker, we could roll. 

Demons were exorcised this afternoon boys. Caden Sterns was all "I wasn't on the team when we lost 4 in a row,  I don't know anything about that shit". Colin Johnson and LJH are going to have teams wondering how they can afford to put 4 of their guys on 2 of ours. The rest of the secondary brought the wood to TCU every chance they got, whether it was their poor little WRs trying to block for the screen game, Robinson, or an actual ball carrier. Turpin wanted none of what we gave him by the middle of the third quarter. Honestly if the refs and kicking into the north endzone hadn't been so bad, we might've scored 40 on TCU.  That's a sentence I never thought I'd type before the game started. I was mostly going to check out the improved gameday atmosphere, which was excellent. Instead, I'm taking it straight to the vein again. I'm in. Let's beat KSU and then OU.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I roared YES twice in this game.  The Sterns almost-pick-six and the LJH TD to seal it.

Still, though, Herman has kind of a demonstrated habit of ill-preparing his teams, so I am not totally bought in. And there's the Fredo factor. But stringing together 2-3-4 wins may really turn things around with the program.  We are now at three, which is a place we haven't been in in a while.  I think if we can stretch it to four in Manhattan we may have actually turned a corner.

Yeah, I sort of wish they would have won today. Mostly because I’m superstitious and shit. Because of their inept play I can already see their game plan. Play conservative, burn clock to try and shorten the game. And hope they get a try for the win at the end.

I want to see us control a game from the start. This was just like USC. It was touch and go till the 2nd half. But you can’t argue with the results of those two 2nd halves. I want to believe.
It never felt like it was going to spiral out of control though, froggy didn't have the lead very long.

I'm not convinced yet but this was definitely a good win that showed the team can still be pretty good. I continue to be impressed with the chicken salad Orlando has made with this d-line. Offense will need to be consistent against the Wizard for me to believe they've turned a corner there.

Hope he understands what a trap game little Manhattan is, and Herman's team seems just the opposite of Charlie's when it comes to playing at home vs the road.