Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

Actually, his best opportunity was to train hard for the combine, instead of showing up light, weak, and slow. 
If he was gonna blow off training for the combine, it really didn’t matter if he declared this year or next. 
In fairness, if his agent knew he was going late or UFA, he probably only gave him $20 a month for a Golds Gym membership instead of an actual trainer.

5 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

4.7 40 time for a NFL WR is pretty much a deal breaker. He was already nothing more than a trendy pick going in but this was pretty much the nail. Like it or not, Texas right now has the reputation of being pretty shitty at developing NFL caliber talent

That’s a fair critique but the flip side of that is that NFL GMs lose their fucking minds during draft season and forget who can actually play ball versus who can jump onto a really tall box.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

You'd think a guy that went to SLC might have access to better advice and also know a little better how to "play the game," meaning play school, or fake it well enough to get by.

The main curriculum at SLC is teaching obnoxious white kids to chant Ni**er constantly. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

I’m sure he’s a bit disappointed but going into the draft if you told him he’d have a chance to play with Brees and for Payton he’d be pumped. Saints need another WR too so itcould be a great fit. I’ll be rooting hard for him to make the team and contribute. 

So who advised LJH to leave early if he wasn't even a 7th round prospect? Seems like somebody lied to him.
I think before the combine he was a little higher but he wasn't regarded that highly at all. But the poor combine and the fact he didn't really prepare at all did him in.

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

4.7 40 time for a NFL WR is pretty much a deal breaker. He was already nothing more than a trendy pick going in but this was pretty much the nail. Like it or not, Texas right now has the reputation of being pretty shitty at developing NFL caliber talent

He was a low ranked recruit who was a college star

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

So who advised LJH to leave early if he wasn't even a 7th round prospect? Seems like somebody lied to him.

He received no favorable advice.

At the end of the day, you all are hand-wringing over a 3* with one good season at Texas. It's clear he wanted to leave on his own.

He went pro because that is what he wanted. He feels that he is better served in a pro environment than at Texas.

Considering he will be moving from Meekins/Mehringer to Curtis Johnson, seems he has that part right for now.

Of course, given how ill-prepared he was for the combine, his work ethic has to be in question. Hopefully, his status as a ufa will help to solve that issue.

To quote, he wasn't here to play school.

17 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I hope he balls out in NO and has a long career.  Watching him against OU and Georgia trucking fools with four or five Texas OL pushing his ass ahead for more yards are some good time memories.  Not as good as Earl Campbell trucking that SMU cornerback, but very nice indeed.    

I mean I hope that to, but his chances of even playing a down as an undrafted free agent are not great.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean he is not likely to be in that environment for longer than a few months but I wish him well. 

We all do...but if things don't work out, then hopefully this will make others think twice, or 3 times, about leaving early when you are told it'd be in your best interests to STAY IN SCHOOL.

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Man alive, this page is a beating. Multiple insiders stated LJH would likely have been suspended if he returned for his senior year.

Ok I did not know that.

Look I just feel bad for him. His football career is likely over. What else can he do? I mean he was our best player. It just never occurred to me this was his situation.

Man alive, this page is a beating. Multiple insiders stated LJH would likely have been suspended if he returned for his senior year. 
With his 40 time, he was always going to be a UDFA. At least he landed with a really good team with a Hall of Fame QB. 

With some preparation he could have made a decent showing and found himself in the middle rounds. Cant teach size and he has some unique attributes.

Just now, Eskimohorn said:

With some preparation he could have made a decent showing and found himself in the middle rounds. Cant teach size and he has some unique attributes.

I sort of agree with this. He should have gone to one of the training centers in Arizona or Florida to work on his 40 time. I think he'll be fine if he gets to his second contract. 

I sort of agree with this. He should have gone to one of the training centers in Arizona or Florida to work on his 40 time. I think he'll be fine if he gets to his second contract. 

40 time, bench press, route running, hands, cones, maturity. He could have improved tons. Bottom-line is that the Saints are a good landing spot. But UFA’s are expendable. You do not want to be one. Maybe its better than 7th round.

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean I hope that to, but his chances of even playing a down as an undrafted free agent are not great.

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

His football career is likely over.

these are good takes.  how’s poona doing?  isn’t he working at home depot now?  oh that’s right he made the league his fucking bitch in 2018. 

• Like 1