Official Surly - Texas At Kansas State Game Thread

Vertigo

2 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Well refs, looks like you're going to need to help the Wizard even more in the 2nd half to keep this close.

I expect 2 WTF PI calls on us and multiple holding calls to kill scoring drives.

Edit: and the well known Big 12 phantom chop block call on Texas

Edited by dcar00

Just now, Treefidy said:

It was a legit holding, they should have had the choice of result of play or penalty and replay down.  Not both, it was a live ball penalty, not a dead ball where they can tack it on to the end of the play. 

learn the rules, its been that way for several seasons.  I think it came into play the same time when penalties that happened on extra points or FG's are now carried over to the kickoff. 

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

huge drop.  now is a time I'd be lighting assess up in the locker room. stupid penalties and the OL needs to be doing better.

yeah,  uh..... turns out our team cant be talked to in mean words.

Herman told us that after the Tulsa game- he pulled the "its a 0-0 ballgame get your shit together" to the team, and we took the whole fucking 3rd quarter off as a result. 

Maybe and I'm just spitballing here

If you are too FUCKING stupid to realize it’s 4th and goal and you keep talking about how they should have saved some more time to be able to take a couple of more shots at the end zone then MAYBE you shouldn’t be a damn color guy for Fox.  FUCKING FUCKSTICK SOONER

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

yeah,  uh..... turns out our team cant be talked to in mean words.

Herman told us that after the Tulsa game- he pulled the "its a 0-0 ballgame get your shit together" to the team, and we took the whole fucking 3rd quarter off as a result. 

So... good thing we don't have Jimbo then

11 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Someone tell these dumbfuck announcers that it's 4th down

11 minutes ago, MAGS® said:

Pbp man is an idiot.  Its 4th down dumbass

11 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Our color analyst is a retard. You take a couple of shots? It’s fourth down you Fucking moron. 

11 minutes ago, WBT said:

What is this okie fuck talking about?  It's 4th and goal, extra time wasn't going to do anything for them.

Guys, he was just making the entirely reasonable assumption that K-state would either complete the pass for a TD or else be bailed out by another bullshit pass interference call.  So they probably did have a couple more chances at it.

Edited by Jebus

5 minutes ago, crackamacgowski said:

If it were any other crew I might give them the benefit of the doubt. Not these toolbags. 

Do you mean the fucking mouth-breather that said "GO ASTROS!" on TV.

I get there are Astros fans here, but that's so retardedly unprofessional. 

Well, we had a couple of sustained drives that resulted in a punt and a field goal because we stepped on our own dicks.
Our defense is playing lights out, but they are also getting penalized too damn much.
We are not running the ball enough. I understand 'opening the playbook' but let's get a bigger lead first.
We recovered that fumble. No replay of it shows that these refs are not on our side.
We almost blew it by giving them momentum. Could have been 19-7 with them getting the ball back. Thank god for that stop and for butterfingers.
Hager and Locke need to be replaced full time.

Those are my thoughts after one half. I like the offense when they're running what works. Sam has played efficiently but needs to work on his deep ball badly.