Connor Williams

Machinator

• 3 weeks later...

When you see certain shots of the interior lines lining up, holy shit he looks so small. There is zero reason why he should be playing guard in the NFL. He can't handle it. Why Dallas can't see this is beyond me. He is way out of position. But even with that being said, he does not look that talented. We shall see what an offseason will do for him, especially in the weight room.

23 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yeah, unfortunately he hasn't been very good. He should have began his career as a swing guy off the bench, not a starter.

projected 1st round picks on the OL play every down.  you’re saying he should’ve gone mid-round.  and I agree, he looks like a mid-rounder. 

36 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

When you see certain shots of the interior lines lining up, holy shit he looks so small. There is zero reason why he should be playing guard in the NFL. He can't handle it. Why Dallas can't see this is beyond me. He is way out of position. But even with that being said, he does not look that talented. We shall see what an offseason will do for him, especially in the weight room.

As soon as I read that article by him where he talked about getting bullied when he was fat so he started working out I knew he wasn't going to ever get big enough to play guard effectively in the NFL. He's not going to get fat. He'll add some muscle maybe and then start getting injured. Theres a reason you see fat guys and not bodybuilders playing oline in the NFL.

We should have drafted Orlando Brown

In football fantasy land he should he a rs Jr at UT starting  for the first time,  instead of rushed to play  in the nfl.   
This. Him and Vahe both would be JR-RS had we recruited worth a damn back in the day... And not have everyone smoke weed everyday...

4 minutes ago, Snacks said:
6 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:
In football fantasy land he should he a rs Jr at UT starting  for the first time,  instead of rushed to play  in the nfl.   

This. Him and Vahe both would be JR-RS had we recruited worth a damn back in the day... And not have everyone smoke weed everyday...

How many days a week do you recommend they should smoke weed?

It’s his rookie year.  I don’t think he’s 2nd round good but he made the right decision to take the money while it was there.  I think he’ll start here and there and be a bench player down the road.  He just doesn’t have the size.  Too short/not long enough to play tackle and not strong/big enough to play guard.  He’s what... 22 years  old? Maybe he puts on weight and gets stronger.  Who knows.

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

It’s his rookie year.  I don’t think he’s 2nd round good but he made the right decision to take the money while it was there.  I think he’ll start here and there and be a bench player down the road.  He just doesn’t have the size.  Too short/not long enough to play tackle and not strong/big enough to play guard.  He’s what... 22 years  old? Maybe he puts on weight and gets stronger.  Who knows.

I don't disagree but it makes Dan Neil's success in the NFL pretty remarkable.  That was a generation ago, but he was still small by NFL guard standards.  He is smaller than Connor.

He'll definitely get stronger, and he has enough frame to get bigger.

9 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I don't disagree but it makes Dan Neil's success in the NFL pretty remarkable.  That was a generation ago, but he was still small by NFL guard standards.  He is smaller than Connor.

Dan Neil was a freak. A badass. He mauled people. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

9 games in plenty of rookies sucking, scratch that, plenty of top rookies sucking. Yet, second round Connor W. already guaranteed bust. I’m officially terminus this-Premature Evaluation. 

he is a guaranteed bust!  he’s terrible.  he’s lucky he entered the draft because he’d be riding the fucking bench in austin behind anderson and cosmi.  

As soon as I read that article by him where he talked about getting bullied when he was fat so he started working out I knew he wasn't going to ever get big enough to play guard effectively in the NFL. He's not going to get fat. He'll add some muscle maybe and then start getting injured. Theres a reason you see fat guys and not bodybuilders playing oline in the NFL.
We should have drafted Orlando Brown
He'll do whatever it takes to stick in the NFL a while, kid wants it.

Dan Neil was a freak. A badass. He mauled people. 

This. He’s smart, his technique was flawless and he was inordinately strong and fast for his size.

Conner’s obviously not there yet, but the jury’s still out. He’s athletic, bends well and has some room to grow. Kind of a tweener though. Regardless, I wish him well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...