Buechele and Herman Baylor Postgame

BigOrange1

25 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Go watch again at the 40 second mark. Got the ending wrong but the message is still the same. Instead of game it should've been "because of how you've handled things since we got here" 

"And I will do whatever I can for you for the rest of your life because of how you've handled everything since I've been here."

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, C-Man said:

"And I will do whatever I can for you for the rest of your life because of how you've handled everything since I've been here."

I take that to mean both that he won't restrict his transfer, *and* if he wants into coaching, he has a home here.  Kind of like Kenny Guiton.  He specifically mentioned him coaching his ass off with Sam.

• Like 2

Good shit Shane. He’s in a tough position. He was recruited by Charlie for a different offensive style. Then he had to compete with a Herman QB recruit that fits the mold of his offense, Sam was coming either way but he was in Herman’s first class. Not to mention Sam has the approval of the majority of the team and co-signs from former players. Shane still works hard and helps the team like he’s a starter.

Edited by CastHorn

[aggy]Her-man has lost the locker-room. tu won’t win another game. The S&P+ proves they’re not even good enough to hang with tceh. No quality losses. Wins are luck, smoke, and mirrors.[/aggy]

I think Herman is sincere. Even if it were completely contrived, making a hero out of the guy who’s been doing his best to be ready to fill in for the guy who took his job is good team psychology.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

"And I will do whatever I can to help you in your life for that game." 

Shane's gonna transfer. 

That's cool. Shane got his ass in there and at the end of the day got us a W. 

Shane has us in a position now that we haven't seen in 5 fucking years. Dude's earned a shot at another school after gritting his teeth and losing his starting job. 

22 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I have a feeling we will be seeing Shane again this season

8 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Because we’re gonna be blowing out some folks so he comes in in the 4th?

I hope he plays a little in the CCG and our two bowl games. 

😎

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Because we’re gonna be blowing out some folks so he comes in in the 4th?

if we are blowing out some folks in the 4th we better be seeing Rising in there. we need to see what a guy who might be able to run this offense can do. we are going to need him next year.

4 minutes ago, Assman said:

Can anyone tell me why we have the highest-dollar locker room in the nation yet we always see this pre/post-game messages in front of a shitty tarp?

We have the highest dollar what? We applied a temp fix to a big issue.

After this season, I expect to hear about major changes coming to our facilities.

8 minutes ago, Atticus said:

After this season, I expect to hear about major changes coming to our facilities.

No shit? Huh. 

https://texassports.com/news/2018/9/20/football-populous-selected-to-design-175-million-south-end-zone-for-the-university-of-texas.aspx

23 minutes ago, Atticus said:

wat?  I didn't say highest dollar facilities.  I said highest dollar locker room, which is where I'd figure these pre/post-game talks took place.  Obviously they don't, because instead they're held in the old equipment room but now with a sweet tarp with a sign on it. 

26 minutes ago, Atticus said:

16 minutes ago, Blanton said:

This doesn't answer the TARP question.

We should have a backdrop that looks like this.

zidane-ramos-marcelo-_av26680_horizontal

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

This doesn't answer the TARP question.

We should have a backdrop that looks like this.

zidane-ramos-marcelo-_av26680_horizontal

Jesus Christ. Kill it with fire. 

This is the football board for Christ's sake, not the FOOTBALL board (and fuck Real Madrid and Manchester City while we're at it)

Great video. Good on Shane and Herman, very genuine message from both. Hard to know for sure what Shane will do, but I hope like hell he stays. Can’t have too many quality guys like that on a team. 

Plus it sounds like if he wants to get into coaching, he rides it out here, graduates-grad school-grad asst. . 

Shane should go to an Ivy League school and get a grad degree while playing two years of football, if that's allowed.

He'd be a good fit there, but then again he might have to pay full tuition unless he got some special grant reserved for grad school students who are also playing sports. (Actually, don't know if grad students are allowed to play varsity sports in the Ivy League.)

Whatever, he should absolutely go somewhere else, get a grad degree, and start for two years. Sticking around to be 3rd or 4th string isn't something that I wish on the guy.