Uh-oh. Trouble at Texas nuclear plant

Post Oak

Calm down, it's a 'security' incident...

Officials at plant say an ‘operational emergency’ is the cause of the incident. They later described the situation as a security incident: “Pantex Plant Precautions are being taken due to a security event. Access to FM2373 has decreased north of Hwy. 60. Other precautions include assistance from Carson County Sheriff and Amarillo Police Department.”

https://breaking911.com/breaking-texas-nuclear-weapons-facility-activates-emergency-response-organization-due-to-operational-emergency/

Edited by KaiserSoze

1 minute ago, KaiserSoze said:

Real 'calm down' or facetious 'calm down'?  Because I'll posit there is no cool version of a security incident where we keep enough stuff to end us all.

My (apocryphal) csb:  A buddy of my family is a "courier" for Pantex.  When they need to ship arms around, they do it in a plain 18 wheeler with 4x4s in front and back with Army Rangers and what not armed to the teeth.  He is one of those Rangers and their title is courier.  Their orders are that if anyone touches the 18 wheeler trailer, that person dies.  They are taking some nuclear weapon to or from a similar place in Alabama.  Roscoe pulls them over somewhere in the South and says he has to inspect the goods being transported.   They tell him he ain't inspecting shit.  Yes I am.  No.  I assure you, here is my [whatever] badge.  Just hop back in your car.  As one would expect with a local cop, he takes offense and starts heading back to the trailer anyway.  Dudes jump out of the 4x4s, encounter Roscoe, do their thing, get back in their 4x4s and continue their journey.  As they do, they call the local police department and let them know the location of their deputy who is handcuffed to the side of his cruiser.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Dude, that's not a csb...that's the script to Smokey and the Bandit, Pt. V

We all know that. 

But yeah, this is scary shit...particuarly since you could leak that just a few miles south into the water table that's leading into the water supply of eveyrhting down here in Highland Lakes/Austin.  

Just now, Lobo said:

Dude, that's not a csb...that's the script to Smokey and the Bandit, Pt. V

We all know that. 

But yeah, this is scary shit...particuarly since you could leak that just a few miles south into the water table that's leading into the water supply of eveyrhting down here in Highland Lakes/Austin.  

I think you've cracked the case on the water boiling notice.

2 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

I think you've cracked the case on the water boiling notice.

We just needed Trump to stay one more day and move a couple hundred miles upstream.  Damn you all, it's people!  

14 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

My (apocryphal) csb:  A buddy of my family is a "courier" for Pantex.  When they need to ship arms around, they do it in a plain 18 wheeler with 4x4s in front and back with Army Rangers and what not armed to the teeth.  He is one of those Rangers and their title is courier.  Their orders are that if anyone touches the 18 wheeler trailer, that person dies.  They are taking some nuclear weapon to or from a similar place in Alabama.  Roscoe pulls them over somewhere in the South and says he has to inspect the goods being transported.   They tell him he ain't inspecting shit.  Yes I am.  No.  I assure you, here is my [whatever] badge.  Just hop back in your car.  As one would expect with a local cop, he takes offense and starts heading back to the trailer anyway.  Dudes jump out of the 4x4s, encounter Roscoe, do their thing, get back in their 4x4s and continue their journey.  As they do, they call the local police department and let them know the location of their deputy who is handcuffed to the side of his cruiser.

Supposedly the trailer has the ability to defend itself as well.

45 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

if anyone is looking for a new job, apply within!

https://fmt.kcnsc.doe.gov/OSTfederalagent/

37 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Trying to understand how this would pass Posse Comitatus, but you mean former Ranger based on the link.  That's a job that takes a ton of preparation and you hope to retire without ever using any of it.  

55 minutes ago, Lobo said:

a few miles south from where?  PanTex?  That's more like a few hundred miles to the watershed

2 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Supposedly the trailer has the ability to defend itself as well.

Picture of said trailer:   [CRAP...didn't see LoneStarBiker's post before I posted this.  His is better.]

1*PnSi2cDkDf7jUd0gGlLCrA.jpeg

Edited by Uncle Nate
Lone Star Biker's post was better.