Suspicious packages all over the place

SmokeyTheBear

There were no detonators on any of the bombs. Just a cheap clock taped onto it. The clock had no alarm on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Display-Calendar-Dashboard-Bedside/dp/B014CZLTJE?keywords=1+pc+lcd+digital+clock+with+calendar+for+dashboard&qid=1540497431&sr=8-5-fkmrnull&ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_5#customerReviews

pvc-plastic-pipe-why-would-a-right-wing-

From the Amazon listing, one of the reviewers is trying to be funny: "It doesn't have an alarm. I was going to buy ten until I saw it has NO ALARM. I'll get something else."

Edited by Thetexashammer

30 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

There were no detonators on any of the bombs. Just a cheap clock taped onto it. The clock had no alarm on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Display-Calendar-Dashboard-Bedside/dp/B014CZLTJE?keywords=1+pc+lcd+digital+clock+with+calendar+for+dashboard&qid=1540497431&sr=8-5-fkmrnull&ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_5#customerReviews

From the Amazon listing, one of the reviewers is trying to be funny: "It doesn't have an alarm. I was going to buy ten until I saw it has NO ALARM. I'll get something else."

I want you to say it yourself.  Don't copy someone else's thing.  It's something that annoys me about meme culture.  I have a sense people somehow feel more willing to pass around other's inanities because they want that message out there, but typing it would make them feel too dumb. 

So I want to test my theory.   Say this, on a board full of educated people:  "I think this is a deep state conspiracy."  That is clearly what you are saying with your post, so you shouldn't have any trouble typing it yourself.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I want you to say it yourself.  Don't copy someone else's thing.  It's something that annoys me about meme culture.  I have a sense people somehow feel more willing to pass around other's inanities because they want that message out there, but typing it would make them feel too dumb. 

So I want to test my theory.   Say this, on a board full of educated people:  "I think this is a deep state conspiracy."  That is clearly what you are saying with your post, so you shouldn't have any trouble typing it yourself.

I'm not saying Deep State anything. I just posted the first pic I found.

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

Your image is wrong about at least one thing.   Not an actual ISIS flag.   It was a redneck Get 'et Done parody flag.   And people write messages on bombs that are intended to explode.   Never seen images of WW2 bombs? 

That said, it's certainly possible that the bomb was intended not to explode, but to scare the targets and/or serve as a warning of more to come. 

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Your image is wrong about at least one thing.   Not an actual ISIS flag.   It was a redneck Get 'et Done parody flag.   And people write messages on bombs that are intended to explode.   Never seen images of WW2 bombs? 

That said, it's certainly possible that the bomb was intended not to explode, but to scare the targets and/or serve as a warning of more to come. 

This is the camp I’m in.   Unless we want to consider a foreign state actor influenced situation.   Sure it’s an act of war, but not when you can claim plausible deniability by paying some fucking schlepp to take care of his grandkids.  Meanwhile, you exacerbate the divide among the American people which is absolutely what you want.   

Not saying thays the case, but I can see it 

10 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Then why waste the gunpowder? He/she could've put sand or anything inside

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

42 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I'm not saying Deep State anything. I just posted the first pic I found.

Good call.

8 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Then why waste the gunpowder? He/she could've put sand or anything inside

Well, he could have wanted to demonstrate that he had the capability of building an explosive as a warning.  That said, sending multiple bombs to a couple targets is more suggestive that he was really trying to get them, not just scare them.   It really depends on the reason why they didn't explode.  Were they capable of going off, and the builder just fucked it up, or did he just tape on a dashboard clock and call it a day? 

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

Well, he could have wanted to demonstrate that he had the capability of building an explosive as a warning.  That said, sending multiple bombs to a couple targets is more suggestive that he was really trying to get them, not just scare them.   It really depends on the reason why they didn't explode.  Were they capable of going off, and the builder just fucked it up, or did he just tape on a dashboard clock and call it a day? 

Consider their clerical staff put on notice.

Edited by Thetexashammer

I don’t understand how the lack of postmark is now a headline story. We send tens of thousands of pieces of mail from our office every year, and stuff comes back all the time without any mark on the stamps. When we send Christmas cards from home, we get a handful back without any marks on the stamp. When it comes to packages, they usually have a little sticker the USPS puts on them somewhere for scanning/tracking, but the stamps aren’t affected. This is basic shit that anybody who has ever mailed stuff should know, much less the “unnamed sources who work for usps” that are the alleged basis for these news reports.

Just an FYI, I saw a tweet yesterday from one of those accounts that tracks who tweets and retweets what and the whole “the stamps weren’t cancelled” narrative was being pushed by suspected Russian bot accounts.

So take that information as you will.

And of course I can’t find the tweet now but I’ll keep looking.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Just an FYI, I saw a tweet yesterday from one of those accounts that tracks who tweets and retweets what and the whole “the stamps weren’t cancelled” narrative was being pushed by suspected Russian bot accounts.

So take that information as you will.

And of course I can’t find the tweet now but I’ll keep looking.

Wtf, so anyone who brings up a legit question about usps procedure is now either a Russian bot or being swayed by one?   

The Russian bot thing is turning into fake news 2.0. Don’t like something? Just ignore it and call it Russian influence. 

Ps I’m not some Alex Jones alt righter. I plan on voting for BETO.  The Russian bot and fake news taking points being used to stifle legitimate discussion is just really pissing me off. 

2 minutes ago, Xian said:

Wtf, so anyone who brings up a legit question about usps procedure is now either a Russian bot or being swayed by one?   

The Russian bot thing is turning into fake news 2.0. Don’t like something? Just ignore it and call it Russian influence. 

Ps I’m not some Alex Jones alt righter. I plan on voting for BETO.  The Russian bot and fake news taking points being used to stifle legitimate discussion is just really pissing me off. 

No, it's not that people with questions are necessarily Russian bots.   It's that Russia is actively trying to foment discord in our country by amplifying a social media narrative on one side or the other.   They pushed some BLM stuff too, so it isn't just on one side.   It's just something to be aware of because they are trying to manipulate us into hating each other. 

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

No, it's not that people with questions are necessarily Russian bots.   It's that Russia is actively trying to foment discord in our country by amplifying a social media narrative on one side or the other.   They pushed some BLM stuff too, so it isn't just on one side.   It's just something to be aware of because they are trying to manipulate us into hating each other. 

Seems to be working.

52 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

You meant to say:

"It's that Russia is actively trying to foment discord in our country by amplifying a social media narrative of one side against the other, and they are absolutely manipulating us into hating each other." 

55 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

double post 

Edited by Trey3216

55 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

triple post.  Fucking browser 

Edited by Trey3216

19 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

From the news and the pics of a van this nut owns he is a huge Alex Jones fan.

All part of the ruse. 

But seriously folks, guy must be a certified loony to think that doing this right before the election would help his cause.  I wonder if his thinking was that if there’s no trigger then it’s not a bomb and therefore more of a prank than a crime.