Big XII Championship: 12/1 11:00 AM

texifornia

Yeah, that is bush-league, but hey----won't be the first time our fanbase was half-drunk in the DFW Metroplex at 9am for a big football game this season.  

These are the type of things that frustrate me with this conference. How is the BigXII's marquee matchup of the season scheduled at 11am like we're some kind of G5 conference just thankful to be on TV? To add to that, why are we even playing a championship game in a league that has all of its teams play each other? All they're doing is just giving our league a chance to get knocked out of the playoffs again. They should have just added the two extra teams and had a traditional championship like everyone else. Play an 8 game conference schedule since it's obvious that the committee doesn't give preference to anyone playing 9 and get that extra win for all the teams in the conference so the league would look stronger and have more teams ranked. The SECSECSEC has figured it out. Why are we as a conference trying to recreate the wheel? The BigXII is the second to third best conference in the nation most years but the perception around the country is that it's the worst and barely hanging on by a thread. New leadership is needed. 

Edited by HornsofBevo

I mean it's a joke...it'll be one of the biggest games of the day, despite the multitude of reasons it shouldn't be happening.  Heck if both Texas/OU win out it'll be more hyped than whoever the sacrifice is to Bama in the SEC Title game.  It'll be more hyped for sure with the rematch and how good the first game was.

Friday Nov. 30:

6:00 ESPN 2 - MAC Championship game - Detriot, MI

7:00 PM FOX - PAC12 Championship Game - Santa Clara, CA

Saturday Dec. 1:

11:00 AM ABC - Big 12 Championship Game - Arlington, TX

11:00 AM ESPN - Sun Belt Championship Game - Site of highest CFP rankings if applicable, otherwise old BCS computers will determine who hosts (not kidding). 

2:30 PM ABC - AAC Championship Game - Site of highest ranked of the division winners

3:00 PM CBS - SEC Championship Game - Atlanta, GA

6:45 PM ESPN - MWC Championship Game - Site of highest ranked of the division winners

7:00 PM ABC - ACC Championship Game - Charlotte, NC

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

It'll be more hyped for sure with the rematch and how good the first game was.

It'll be more hyped because it's fucking Texas/OU playing in a conference title game. If they slotted that game at 7 pm it would blow the roof off of the TV ratings. I believe our 11am kick in October was the highest rated program on TV that Saturday. 

12 minutes ago, 903Cougar said:

An OU/Texas rematch at night would have been a ratings blockbuster.    Especially if it was competing with a crappy ACC championship game.    This is beyond stupid.  There has never been a Texas vs OU night game before.   

ABC had to choose B12 or ACC for primetime on ABC and 1 for morning game. 

Only possible scenario I can come up with is they wanted B12 having its own slot as the ACC will be going head 2 head with B10. Also having UT/OU winner play in day could cause a scenario where winner is rooting like hell for an upsets to close the night and B12 champ clips in. 

Or b12 just gets no love and nobody cares

So I am trying to figure out how this conversation is supposed to go...The Big 12 demands a better time slot and then what? The networks give in and give us the time we want, because why? If they don't give in are we supposed to hold our collective breaths until they submit? Should we tell them to fuck that $30M and not get televised at all? Just not understanding how these negotiations go.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

This is deserving of the shitty 11am slot. Dumb ass conference having a conference championship game after we play a 9 game round robin schedule. Fuck the Big 12. 

You forgot also this shit conference letting Baylor, TCU, and blow U get away with covering up rape, domestic abuse, and their players assaulting drunk girls in public. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

The game should be played at never o'clock because we all already play everyone in the conference, making a conference championship game a pointless exercise. 

Nothing more than a money grab. 

MoSt ChAlLeNgInG PaTh!

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dphG/big-12-conference-every-game-matters

Beep beep boop

NO DIVISIONS

wub wub wub

TOP TWO TEAMS PLAY AGAIN!

peeb beep boom

MOST CHALLENGING PATH TO THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF!

wub peeb beep oop

Also, these rematches only benefit the team who lost previously. Ask LSU about that from 2011 when they had to play Bama again. We beat OU. And if we get to the game, we would have beaten the rest of our schedule. Why should OU get another shot at us? Just dumb. Go get 2 more teams and split the conference into divisions like it used to and have Texas and OU on the same side. We should never play OU outside of the Cotton Bowl in October. Unless we got SEC treatment where we get 2 teams in the playoffs but we know that is never happening. Playing again at stale ass Jerry World kind of deflates the importance of the game in October to a degree.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 903Cougar said:

There has never been a Texas vs OU night game before.   

Friday Night Commerce Street, every year, up until the one-way circle route was instituted in '82.

There is a reason Liverpool/Everton and Rangers/Celtic kick at Noon local.  It's the same reason you'll never see a night game in Fair Park.  And that's with a segregated 50/50 split.  If we have a rematch, they will bring in the national guard and the security lines will be like the Packers/Steelers SB in 2011.

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Also, these rematches only benefit the team who lost previously. Ask LSU about that from 2011 when they had to play Bama again. We beat OU. And if we get to the game, we would have beaten the rest of our schedule. Why should OU get another shot at us? Just dumb. Go get 2 more teams and split the conference into divisions like it used to and have Texas and OU on the same side. We should never play OU outside of the Cotton Bowl in October. Unless we got SEC treatment where we get 2 teams in the playoffs but we know that is never happening. Playing again at stale ass Jerry World kind of deflates the importance of the game in October to a degree.

Nah. I would much rather just dump the CCG. Divisions sucks, I vastly prefer just playing everybody in my conference. Just kick Baylor out and have an eight game round robin. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Friday Night Commerce Street, every year, up until the one-way circle route was instituted in '82.

There is a reason Liverpool/Everton and Rangers/Celtic kick at Noon local.  It's the same reason you'll never see a night game in Fair Park.  And that's with a segregated 50/50 split.  If we have a rematch, they will bring in the national guard and the security lines will be like the Packers/Steelers SB in 2011.

But this would be in Arlington, which would be different then the ghetto surrounding fair park.    

Who fucking cares? We beat OU at 11 am, and god damn it, let’s do it again.

To everyone bitching about the conference championship- I would’ve killed for us to have this format back in the Stoops/Brown years. Our teams always seemed to get stronger throughout the season and getting another crack at OU would’ve been awesome.

I would be more enthusiastic about this game if it was played at the cotton bowl than Jerryworld though. 

Meh, don't care.  I like morning g games because by 300 it's over and I can still do stuff the rest of the day.  Same with 6 or 7pm games.   Would rather have it in the evening, but morning is better than. Afternoon, imo.

But I'm not one of those guys that sits on the couch watching ball and drinking beer ALL day.  

ABC had to choose B12 or ACC for primetime on ABC and 1 for morning game. 
Only possible scenario I can come up with is they wanted B12 having its own slot as the ACC will be going head 2 head with B10. Also having UT/OU winner play in day could cause a scenario where winner is rooting like hell for an upsets to close the night and B12 champ clips in. 
Or b12 just gets no love and nobody cares
The last thing you said, that's all you had to write.

Also don't know his name don't care the black guy is a fucking moron. 

"SO WHO WOULD YOU TAKE IF MICHIGAN AND LSU PLAYED RIGHT NOW?"

Dude - he just fucking told you. He put Michigan 4th and LSU 5th. Do you understand how that works?

Who watches this shit...

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

This is deserving of the shitty 11am slot. Dumb ass conference having a conference championship game after we play a 9 game round robin schedule. Fuck the Big 12. 

I'm trying to think of a really good argument to say this is a shitty and unfair post . . . . .

I'll get back to you if I think of one.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Dude - he just fucking told you. He put Michigan 4th and LSU 5th. Do you understand how that works?

Who watches this shit...

Disney-Characters.jpg

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Who watches this shit...

Eh, likelihood of making the Playoff doesn't map exactly to how good the teams are. ND's powderpuff schedule makes them probably the most likely even though Bama should blow them off the field.