Shitty result notwithstanding, it was a beautiful day for football (some photos of mine from the game)

Goo Punch

37 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

I still had a great time even though we lost. This team is ahead of schedule, and i spent a beautiful day at DKR watching Horns. Still a damn good day. emoji1598.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your sunny disposition,  Derka. 

Its a good look on you. 

• Like 1

the wvu fans around us were (and i should probably be ashamed to say this) not at all like i pictured. Nobody was drinking Mountain Dew or tweaking in the bleachers. They generally looked and dressed like any random Texas fan, and I was pleased to find out that the wvu fans around us were just like us- no blatant homerism, just calling it like they see it. My dad and I acknowledged when a blatant block in the back wasn't called against Texas on a kick return, and the WVU fans in turn laughed at the lack of holding calls, even when the Mountaineers had the ball. It was like that all day. Both sets of fans just trashing the refs for taking over the game, even when it was in our favor. One of my best friends drove a cab for years and he always said that wvu fans were cool as hell, and they didn't do anything to refute that today. I really did have a good time at the game despite the officiating and the loss. 

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

df758c2f30ae9a1a0df8c4aa482d0072.jpg

9d68d79177e2f77151ff6615c24789c6.jpg

actually had no idea i took this one, as i accidentally took it while trying to switch to video mode. thought it was pretty cool for a completely accidental picture:

bee1967bde3e0d637111a62641cde72e.jpg

96633b6d5ec9bd7d557ffaaf3e4856c4.jpg

I still had a great time even though we lost. This team is ahead of schedule, and i spent a beautiful day at DKR watching Horns. Still a damn good day. emoji1598.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

the wvu fans around us were (and i should probably be ashamed to say this) not at all like i pictured. Nobody was drinking Mountain Dew or tweaking in the bleachers. They generally looked and dressed like any random Texas fan....

Did they explain how they could afford the tickets and travel?  Perhaps a forefather who stumbled onto black gold, texas tea?

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 1

I suppose it is excusable given how long we have sucked, but the general lack of any energy - certainly any consistent energy - from our fans is still surprising nonetheless. So damn quiet for so much of the game. Oh well. Hope we are relevant again next year and the fans have something to cheer about. I envy teams that have a fired up fan base and a stadium that rocks. So much more fun to experience. I might as well just watch on TV. 

WV fans were great. It was the fucking Aggy who bought a ticket that was shit talking every time WV took the lead. 

I will  never understand buying a ticket, wearing your Aggy best maroon and then spend an afternoon praying West Virginia would win. Cunt was invested. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

10 hours ago, futureman said:

did he drive a cab in morgantown?

Only motor vehicle transport we took after we arrived in Morgantown wasn't a cab, because as stated there are hardly anyway and Uber hadn't gone live there yet.  So we went from the sports bar to the football stadium in the bartender's sister's windowless van that somehow contained a fully operational mini fridge and microwave.  She was cool as hell, wouldn't accept money for gas, and let us bring all the open beers we could carry into her van.  Great fanbase, nice folks. 

On another note, anybody know what fire happened last night about an hour after the game?  I was watching the traffic on MLK and Lavaca.  And three engines went screaming down MLK full horns blaring trying to part that traffic shitshow and get eastbound on MLK.  I live 4 blocks from a large fire station and I haven't seen/heard a display like that in a long ass time.  Hope nothing bad happened.  

11 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

WV fans were great. It was the fucking Aggy who bought a ticket that was shit talking every time WV took the lead. 

I will  never understand buying a ticket, wearing your Aggy best maroon and then spend an afternoon praying West Virginia would win. Cunt was invested. 

That reminds me, when all of the kids ran out onto the field before the game who in the hell allowed that little punk with the 12th man maroon hat to run?

• 3 weeks later...