LSU @ aggy

Chad

The lack of reviews of the game clinching review-able ones are the most egregious in my opinion. However, one that I haven't seen mentioned here is the false start in one of the OTs, where Williams stepped forward before the snap, then took the handoff over the left side for a nice gain. On showing the replay, even the announcers said that aggy "got away with one there."

27 minutes ago, gecko said:

To a certain extent I understand a ref getting something wrong in real time. What I don’t understand is replay looking at it for 5 mins and still getting it wrong....

Or not even bothering to stop play to further review what should have been an easy-to-call fumble.  You know if it was our guy, we would have gone to hurry-up and the refs would immediately jump in and stop play.  aggy was taking their sweet time and the booth didn't want to look at it further?  Come on.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/status/1067211036288315393

Guess I don’t know how to embed tweets. Anyhoo, I guarantee this is video that A&M is leaking via Zwerneman. He’s a mouthpiece. 

Everything that happens on a football field is caught on video. 

Edited by Tex Pete

14 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Or not even bothering to stop play to further review what should have been an easy-to-call fumble.  You know if it was our guy, we would have gone to hurry-up and the refs would immediately jump in and stop play.  aggy was taking their sweet time and the booth didn't want to look at it further?  Come on.

its even worse than that,  Ed O was actively talking to refs trying to get them to give him an answer why that wasnt considered a fumble.

the refs didnt start the play clock for at least 30 seconds after the "non-fumble" play because they were talking to Ed telling him why it wasnt a fumble.

The review team had the entire time of Ed talking to the refs, plus the normal review time to at least call a fucking review on that play.... and they didnt.   Based on Ed O's reaction talking to the refs I almost thought the refs were telling Ed that the non-fumble call wasnt reviewable  (no evidence of this), just his body language response made me think that. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

aggy sucks balls. The SEC had a hand in this game whether directly or indirectly. And yet aggy still almost pissed it away.

And no one will convince me that there isnt a genuine concern in the SEC offices about a rejuvenated Texas team competing for championships. And how it impacts recruiting not for Alabama, but for the middle and bottom of the pack SEC teams.

Alabama is going to get theirs, it is about the other teams having an easier time of it when going up against our middle and bottom of the pack teams. 

When it comes to recruiting. Shut down Texas, and the Big12 gets stronger by proxy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miguelito said:

re: the incorrect yellow line, no one has provided conclusive video evidence of the actual line to gain.  But according to the boxscore from yahoo:

0:25 4th - TAMU 4th & 18, at TAMU 39

Kellen Mond passed to Quartney Davis to the left for 20 yard gain

4th and 18 from the 39 ... math .... line to gain should be the 43.

I guess it checks out.

The line got fucked up because of the interception.  Change of possession, review changing it back because Mond was down.  If you see highlights of the Mond interception you will see the yellow line on the 43 yard line.  On the next play after all of the review, there is an incomplete pass to the TE to the near sideline. The yellow line is now on the 41 and you can also see the first down stick of the near sideline and it is two yards closer to the line of scrimmage than the line.

Edited by JJxvi
Caint spell

8 hours ago, JJxvi said:

I think maybe there are two different events happening after the game on the field.  Kragthorpe says that Dameyune Craig (A&M assistant coach) was at the center of whatever he was involved in that resulted in him getting hit in the pacemaker.

The problem is that Dameyune Craig and Steve Kragthorpe himself are nowhere to be found that I can see in any of these pictures. So this deal involving Kevin Faulk seems to be a little bit of time after whatever happened to Krags.

I believe the following video shows Dameyune Craig acting like an idiot.  With what looks like a decent sized dude in a red shirt following Craig and trying to get his dumb ass away from the LSU bench.  A&M TE Jace Sternberger gets in between Craig and an LSU coach in the video and moves the LSU coach back with his hands (not a punch, but it is an instance where an LSU coach gets moved back with a hand into the chest/shoulder). No idea if this is even Kragthorpe though.  There are basically not many other people are around.  This occurs at the lower right hand side of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=gTayzLEhmSo

Then later on there is a separate incident where Kevin Faulk goes after a guy in a red shirt and thats what we see all the pics of.

IMO, the sequence of events is that our idiot coach (Craig) made fool out of himself talking trash and pissed off Kragthorpe, who maybe ended up thinking that something worse had happened to him than really happened because of his medical distress.  Then later on their idiot (Kevin Faulk) went out in to the crowd to hunt down "red shirt guy"  and a scuffle ensued.  It'd be a lot easier to figure out how this whole incident related to what Kragthorpe is saying happened with Craig if you could find Craig or Kragthorpe around.  All the pics are just of Faulk fighting with Cole Fisher.

For the life of me I cannot believe all the aggy fans and trolls at this website this week. You would think with their big game coming up this weekend they would be back at texags boosting each other's confidence for the game. Oh, wait a minute nevermind...my bad.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 2

I believe the following video shows Dameyune Craig acting like an idiot.  With what looks like a decent sized dude in a red shirt following Craig and trying to get his dumb ass away from the LSU bench.  A&M TE Jace Sternberger gets in between Craig and an LSU coach in the video and moves the LSU coach back with his hands (not a punch, but it is an instance where an LSU coach gets moved back with a hand into the chest/shoulder). No idea if this is even Kragthorpe though.  There are basically not many other people are around.  This occurs at the lower right hand side of the video.

magicloogie.jpg

Did I miss it in this thread but on aggys last regulation drive, why did they not measure that first down on 4th down and 16 or whatever? At least with the line on TV, it looked like the ball was about a foot short the way the guy landed. Was the line on TV just that far off (I know it's not always accurate)? I was sucked they didn't at least measure it, it looked very clear to me that he was short

I do not like OU

Did I miss it in this thread but on aggys last regulation drive, why did they not measure that first down on 4th down and 16 or whatever? At least with the line on TV, it looked like the ball was about a foot short the way the guy landed. Was the line on TV just that far off (I know it's not always accurate)? I was sucked they didn't at least measure it, it looked very clear to me that he was short

I do not like OU

Jesus haysus Christo.
  • Like 1

The line got fucked up because of the interception.  Change of possession, review changing it back because Mond was down.  If you see highlights of the Mond interception you will see the yellow line on the 43 yard line.  On the next play after all of the review, there is an incomplete pass to the TE to the near sideline. The yellow line is now on the 41 and you can also see the first down stick of the near sideline and it is two yards closer to the line of scrimmage than the line.

Aggy, answer my question about jimbo lying, do you admit he lied?
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sejjr said:

The SEC Network announcer says “remember you just have to touch the ball in that situation, you don't have to have clear possession of it.“

You don't get awarded possession of a fumble just because you touch the ball with one knee down. The question is, did Mond have clear possession of the ball enough to blow the play dead? Had an LSU defender dove in at this moment and recovered the ball, would they have similarly reversed the call and said the play was dead? I don't think so.

Say Mond gets up and completes a touchdown pass on that play...is there a review? If there was (there wouldn't have been) how would aggy feel about that interpretation of possession of the ball then?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hellraiser97 said:

I do not like OU

Ahh for fucks sake this has been debunked ad nauseum 

Edited by Dennis Taylor

I think you are correct. They toy soldier getting pushed on his ass with his sword drawn by a cheerleader just puts it over the top.

But you gotta admit, the ridiculously over paid coaches dipshit nephew sucker punching an old man opposing coach in the pacemaker and after a fucking win no less is just fucking gold.
This one is the most aggy thing ever

Pannicked by the terrifying sight of this

a736bd97e4ad10aa14212c84d824ab5c.jpg

aggy swarms each other in the stands and beats the everloving shit out of a mentally challenged old man.

072dda907564c4cc4ce633d9a34c193c.jpg

WHOOP!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

It's close, but he goes right into standing up with the ball using the grip shown here. I think it's pretty clear he has possession of it, given his movements right after this moment. I have no idea what the announcer is talking about "being down when touching the ball" or whatever. I don't think that's a rule in any form of football. 

Video here if anyone wants to review it: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25370286

\

What I don't like is an off field monitor directly injecting themselves into a game situation and altering the on field play. (Not just in this situation, but it highlights it)

1. No one on the field saw or questioned it, not the QB himself who said he didn't know until told, not the sidelines (A&M for sure didn't want him down there until he threw a pick), not the refs and not even the commentators. If wasn't reviewed A&M would have talked about letting one get away and LSU would have gone on celebrating.

2. The off field stoppage had much different impact than if the ref had initially seen it and whistled it dead. The offense would have to scramble back to the line to run a quick play or spike the ball leaving 4th down.  Instead with the review/delay offense could huddle, set up next couple plays and "only" 10 seconds ran off the close.  It was like the offense was given an extra time out at a time they needed it most.

It just doesn't feel right. I feel review gets enough things wrong and isn't allowed to look at all that are impactful -- great we'll check for did receiver's foot graze out of bounds but can't see if all 5 linemen held on the play... that maybe its time to just take back the extra 30 minutes of game time that is now spent reviewing everything.

That said... argument or ref screw job aside, "fake DBU" completely deserved to lose this game for giving the required 3 twenty plus yard completions when you know the other team is passing, that allowed the game to go to overtime. 

ok kids, you wanna see a textbook jab vs. nontextbook jab?  Here's your video.  Dumbfucks punch barely glances off of Faulks face.  Battles punch rocked that dumbfucks jaw.  Justice served.  Dumbass is damn lucky he didn't get knocked the fuck out, that's the type of connection and location that seems to do it.

Edited by mulletpelini
  • Haha 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/status/1067211036288315393

Guess I don’t know how to embed tweets. Anyhoo, I guarantee this is video that A&M is leaking via Zwerneman. He’s a mouthpiece. 
Everything that happens on a football field is caught on video. 
Good for John Battle standing up for his coach. Cept he didn't punch the shit that was punching his coach hard enough.