LSU @ aggy

Chad

Best case,  this is like 4 blown calls all favoring the home team from 30 seconds of regulation through 7 OTs.  How is this not more of a story?  This game comes close to making a mockery of the sport and certainly calls into question, either via corruption or rank incompetence, the SEC as a conference.  Pat Forde was on Dan Patrick Show this morning and this game did not come up in the conversation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Outline the 4 blown calls?

Over turning the game ending INT and changing the play to a sack despite no clear video showing Mond with his knee down possessing the fumble.

The game clock liberties and illegal formation on the spike before the end of regulation.

The blown call and lack of a review on the catch and fumble with a clear recovery that was ruled INC.  This is the most egregious to me.  How that was called incomplete in real time, no fucking idea.

Calling DPI from behind the play on an uncatchable football in the 7th OT and following that up with an unsportsmanlike.

Those are the four I had in mind, I imagine there were others but I had a lot to drink and went to bed shortly after this game ended and have not watched any replays or highlights.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

I like the OT idea of the last team to score kickoff, then play til someone scores.  I don't like any OT system that takes the ST play out of the picture, be it kicking or punting.  For some teams ST play is a big part of their game and shouldn't be taken out of play. 

Unpopular opinion: If you can't settle it in regulation, it should be a tie. #oldschool

• Like 1

the guy was short of the first down on the catch where the line to gain graphic was fucked up (I don't know that it was fucked up, just going with the aggy narrative here)...he still was on the ground with the ball on the wrong side of his body for it to be called a first down...not even looked at on review.

The fact that whatever their tight end did with the ball didn't constitute 'possession' but Mond having a hand, kind of, on the ball...does... puts this bullshit in starkest relief.

The guy never got out of bounds, either

The fat fuck in the white cap running out to rescue aggy  will be the enduring image from that game, nothing about the score nor the "war" that they "won....

*well, that, and Jimbo's kin hitting a former aggy coach with a pacemaker only to get his ass kicked in front of God and everyone on the sacred grass after the game.

Sorry, SEC...we tried to tell you what these assholes are like whenever they are permitted to display full aggy in all of its glory.  We kept the lid on it for the rest of the country for over a hundred years, we can't hide this shit anymore...this is now your dirty little secret...good luck with that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

the guy was short of the first down on the catch where the line to gain graphic was fucked up (I don't know that it was fucked up, just going with the aggy narrative here)...he still was on the ground with the ball on the wrong side of his body for it to be called a first down...not even looked at on review.

It was.

18 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Unpopular opinion: If you can't settle it in regulation, it should be a tie. #oldschool

I really have no issue with that.  At least all aspects of the team got 4 qtrs to do their thing, win or lose.  If you lose a game because of ST play, then you concentrate more on that in the future. 

Meh, I could give a shit if you believe the photos are edited or not.  They dont seem to be, and what the fuck would be edited when they just show the same fight that is already posted everywhere.  I'm fairly sure that Joe Blow on the internet isnt putting Hollywood alterations in a youtube video either.  The video was the main thing that showed something differentfrom stuff Ive seen elsewhere.  I saw it on my twitter feed, not Texags, but Im sure also posted by an Ag.
I registered 40 minutes ago because this was my first post on this site.  I had many posts on the previous version.

Ok Aggy, now explain why jimbo lied to the press about knowing anything that happened

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I often disagree with JJxvi, but at least he's not hiding his identity.

As mentioned above, he posts on Texags under the same handle and he has posted on Hornfans and Shaggy. I'll disagree with him here, but he's a reasonable poster.

Definition of reasonable poster this week: not aggy and not landthief.

JJxvi: aggy.

Judgement: guilty.

Sentence: death.

• Like 2

SIAP: https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/11/2e236184f91863/analyzing-the-controversial-pl.html

This is the best in depth review I've seen of each of the calls, along with the actual rules applicable and film review of the plays. 

Despite coming from Nola.com, the conclusions do not feel slanted towards lsu.

They basically conclude that the fumble, formation, and pi calls are the most arguable, but that none of them are so clearly wrong as to be considered a screw job. 

They strangely point out that the yardage advantage aggy got from the pi call on the 2pt conversion was negated on the penalty following that play, but that seems like an odd point to make considering if the pi isn't called the game is over. 

They don't, however, mention the 3 penalties aggy had called on them in 11 periods of play, which is indisputable and statistically unlikely given their trend of 6 per 4 quarter game this year. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

A) The home cooking was egregious.  LSU got freaking jobbed.

B) Don't care.  Fisher will stay and he won't win anything there ever.

Yeah, on the highlights, it clearly seems that if: A) pass is incomplete, throw the flag... B) aggy ran out of time, just add more time...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

They strangely point out that the yardage advantage aggy got from the pi call on the 2pt conversion was negated on the penalty following that play, but that seems like an odd point to make considering if the pi isn't called the game is over.

uh,  no, game is not over, if the PI isnt called the 7th OT is over , we would have gone on to OT #8.   and I agree- the PI was bad- ball was completely uncatchable, and the aggy receiver ran directly into the lsu guy.

This one got his ass kicked by a cheerleader despite being armed with a sword.  Not to mention he thought he could attack someone with a sword in front of 60,000 people and that was ok, because everyone would understand that’s good bull or whatever.  I don’t think that can ever be topped.  It’s pretty much peak aggy in every way.

I think you are correct. They toy soldier getting pushed on his ass with his sword drawn by a cheerleader just puts it over the top.

But you gotta admit, the ridiculously over paid coaches dipshit nephew sucker punching an old man opposing coach in the pacemaker and after a fucking win no less is just fucking gold.

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Also makes you wonder why Billy Loochie, who works for Texags which is NOT affiliated with Texas A&M University ;) is always on the sideline. Hopefully someone fucks him up on the sideline one day and A&M has to answer for his presence.

I'm fine with him on the sidelines, otherwise we would never have this:

190fa8f681c37c8515698aa70d8ae8d9.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RDCanecutter said:

It's a cult, dude.

I have a ton of A&M fan friends because my college roommate's family went there. They are good people. But now that we play A&M every year, I have to say, the cheerleaders who pretend to be in the army and the fans are all weird as shit. It's unsettling. 

Just now, BHMCruiser said:

I have a ton of A&M fan friends because my college roommate's family went there. They are good people. But now that we play A&M every year, I have to say, the cheerleaders who pretend to be in the army and the fans are all weird as shit. It's unsettling. 

I knew nothing about them and walked in there to take a job. Talk about getting blindsided. I still wake up screamin' like I'm back over there.

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

SIAP: https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/11/2e236184f91863/analyzing-the-controversial-pl.html

This is the best in depth review I've seen of each of the calls, along with the actual rules applicable and film review of the plays. 

Despite coming from Nola.com, the conclusions do not feel slanted towards lsu.

They basically conclude that the fumble, formation, and pi calls are the most arguable, but that none of them are so clearly wrong as to be considered a screw job. 

They don't, however, mention the 3 penalties aggy had called on them in 11 periods of play, which is indisputable and statistically unlikely given their trend of 6 per 4 quarter game this year. 

Oh God, not this again.  This is such horrible spin that every Ag I know it flying this higher than the flags on their houses as "proof".  

Conclusion: It’s close but Mond’s knee does appear to touch the ground as he reaches to grasp the ball

What are they concluding exactly?  The point is not whether his knee is down, but rather that he has possession of the ball, which from the very pic they post, he clearly does not.  This has been rehashed time and again, but how exactly are you 'down' when you don't yet have the ball?  Guess all those onside kicks and fumble recoveries need to be redone.

Conclusion: This is where LSU might have the biggest gripe. Sternberger appeared to secure the ball after making the catch and takes two steps

Now reconcile that with this.  Now the player clearly DOES have possession.  Takes two steps, make a move up field, but no.  Yeah, no.  The PI on Greedy was absurd.  148 offensive plays, not a single solitary hold on the Ag OL all night?  The spiking the clock that never started.  I mean, come on.  It was job, after job, after job and LSU got royally pooched....all to help the SEC fabricate this BS "rivalry" bullshit.  

On 11/25/2018 at 10:49 AM, Specktrout said:

Typical shaggy...erh surly response. Slightest deviation from the onslaught of jackassery has to be an Aggie posing as a non-Aggie. And F-bombing it to boot. Sometimes, this place makes texags look rational.

He kept misspelling, and capitalizing "aggy". That's a dead giveaway that he is aggy.

Edited by SHOOTER12

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

uh,  no, game is not over, if the PI isnt called the 7th OT is over , we would have gone on to OT #8.   and I agree- the PI was bad- ball was completely uncatchable, and the aggy receiver ran directly into the lsu guy.

Shit, you're right.  Not sure what I was thinking.  It at least would have ended the try and sent it to another OT vs giving aggy another chance in the seventh, but not ended. 

51 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

Life-long Bama fan here:

Where did you get this bullshit from? That's way off base.

50 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

It's a cult, dude.

47 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

45 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I knew nothing about them and walked in there to take a job. Talk about getting blindsided. I still wake up screamin' like I'm back over there.

No backsies.

re: the incorrect yellow line, no one has provided conclusive video evidence of the actual line to gain.  But according to the boxscore from yahoo:

0:25 4th - TAMU 4th & 18, at TAMU 39

Kellen Mond passed to Quartney Davis to the left for 20 yard gain

4th and 18 from the 39 ... math .... line to gain should be the 43.

I guess it checks out.

6 hours ago, JJxvi said:

I think maybe there are two different events happening after the game on the field.  Kragthorpe says that Dameyune Craig (A&M assistant coach) was at the center of whatever he was involved in that resulted in him getting hit in the pacemaker.

The problem is that Dameyune Craig and Steve Kragthorpe himself are nowhere to be found that I can see in any of these pictures. So this deal involving Kevin Faulk seems to be a little bit of time after whatever happened to Krags.

I believe the following video shows Dameyune Craig acting like an idiot.  With what looks like a decent sized dude in a red shirt following Craig and trying to get his dumb ass away from the LSU bench.  A&M TE Jace Sternberger gets in between Craig and an LSU coach in the video and moves the LSU coach back with his hands (not a punch, but it is an instance where an LSU coach gets moved back with a hand into the chest/shoulder). No idea if this is even Kragthorpe though.  There are basically not many other people are around.  This occurs at the lower right hand side of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=gTayzLEhmSo

Then later on there is a separate incident where Kevin Faulk goes after a guy in a red shirt and thats what we see all the pics of.

IMO, the sequence of events is that our idiot coach (Craig) made fool out of himself talking trash and pissed off Kragthorpe, who maybe ended up thinking that something worse had happened to him than really happened because of his medical distress.  Then later on their idiot (Kevin Faulk) went out in to the crowd to hunt down "red shirt guy"  and a scuffle ensued.  It'd be a lot easier to figure out how this whole incident related to what Kragthorpe is saying happened with Craig if you could find Craig or Kragthorpe around.  All the pics are just of Faulk fighting with Cole Fisher.

Dammit, and here I am out of rep to neg your stupid ass..

It's close, but he goes right into standing up with the ball using the grip shown here. I think it's pretty clear he has possession of it, given his movements right after this moment. I have no idea what the announcer is talking about "being down when touching the ball" or whatever. I don't think that's a rule in any form of football. 

Video here if anyone wants to review it: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25370286

imgur
\

What's almost as ridiculous as the fake PI and non-called fumble was LSU's defense on the winning 2-point conversion:

d.jpg

6 defenders (it looks like 2 assigned to spy on Mond) visible between the 2 and the end zone, and all of them ended up on the same side of the receivers. #SECDEFNSE.  Even if Mond had to take off, he probably beats everyone to the top (there's one DB out of frame to that side, but he could have been held blocked since the refs weren't calling that).

6 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Hmm, registered 40 minutes ago and first post is to set us straight on falsely accused aggy using a set of pics shared from texags?  Wonder what your intentions are here? 

My go-to source for unbiased info about this event isn't going to be random texags poster with some images he chose to share.

Kragthorpe has said medical staff at Kyle Field checked him out after the incident.  That should be easy to verify if it did or did not happen.  If it did, these pictures are worth shit.

You do know it would be easy to edit pictures like these or selectively choose ones to share that fit your desired narrative, right?

You guys already aren't off to a great start with Jimbo claiming no knowledge of the incident despite video proving otherwise, and your ad office claiming to have no idea who Jimbo's credentialed relative is. 

But you guys never lie, cheat, or steal, right? 

Jimbo is just a lying cheating piece of s*** like all the rest of them.

6 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Quit drinking directly from the jizz jar, Penis Wrinkle.

Penis wrinkle, phrase of the Year candidate.

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

Jesus man, didn't you have any true friends that could have warned you? If not you need some new friends buddy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

It's close, but he goes right into standing up with the ball using the grip shown here. I think it's pretty clear he has possession of it, given his movements right after this moment. I have no idea what the announcer is talking about "being down when touching the ball" or whatever. I don't think that's a rule in any form of football. 

Video here if anyone wants to review it: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25370286

\

The SEC Network announcer says “remember you just have to touch the ball in that situation, you don't have to have clear possession of it.“

You don't get awarded possession of a fumble just because you touch the ball with one knee down. The question is, did Mond have clear possession of the ball enough to blow the play dead? Had an LSU defender dove in at this moment and recovered the ball, would they have similarly reversed the call and said the play was dead? I don't think so.

6 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

The SEC Network announcer says “remember you just have to touch the ball in that situation, you don't have to have clear possession of it.“

You don't get awarded possession of a fumble just because you touch the ball with one knee down. The question is, did Mond have clear possession of the ball enough to blow the play dead? Had an LSU defender dove in at this moment and recovered the ball, would they have similarly reversed the call and said the play was dead? I don't think so.

If it’s that close- let the call on the field stand. Definitely not “clear and convincing video evidence”

• Like 1

imgur>
\

54 was holding in that video, which is unpossible or the refs would have called it.