Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

11 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

So...you want to use an anti-tank weapon against a ship.  You bring knives to gunfights as well?

I suspect that weapons designed to be used against ships would work better.

Sure, Harpoons would work better.  BUT....

5 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

You use what you can. They've already knocked out a ship with MLRS system which is not designed for ships. 

....this.

Those are amphibious assault ships.  They aren't likely to be super-equipped to fight on their own.  Drop a couple of armor-piercing javelins down their hole, explode below deck?  Yeah, you can sink or, at the very least, take that ship out of action (it won't be landing at Odessa).  Use what you've got.

• Hook 'Em 2

Radio Free Europe continuing with some incredible reporting. This is a walkthrough of a destroyed RU armor column with Ukrainian forces. The soldier talking about the mitten full of stolen change, and wondering if it was worth losing a leg over for that russian... Powerful, real, human reporting. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sure, Harpoons would work better.  BUT....

....this.

Those are amphibious assault ships.  They aren't likely to be super-equipped to fight on their own.  Drop a couple of armor-piercing javelins down their hole, explode below deck?  Yeah, you can sink or, at the very least, take that ship out of action (it won't be landing at Odessa).  Use what you've got.

I vote for fire ships. Launch them from Oman. Must be a few cheap ass junks in the region.

Or even better. The Malaca Straits are only about 2 miles wide. Hit them there, make a reef. Fuck up China's import of oil. Win win. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Arnold coming in strong to quite strong. Full video in the link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/tg915y/arnold_schwarzenegger_has_a_personal_message_for/

I'm pretty cynical about any celebrities weighing in in times like these. I think it's mostly self-aggrandizing bullshit that won't make a lick of difference.

But that was great.

This video, posted yesterday or so, mentions that Russians have been building a pipeline for fuel stretching from Belarus down south towards where the convoy was stalled. Has anyone seen more about this? Seems like a potentially significant development for them.

21 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I vote for fire ships. Launch them from Oman. Must be a few cheap ass junks in the region.

Or even better. The Malaca Straits are only about 2 miles wide. Hit them there, make a reef. Fuck up China's import of oil. Win win. 

I vote for mounting some shit on those seized oligarch yachts, just in case the Russian ships are able to fire back ...

• Hook 'Em 3

They'll get hijacked by pirates in African waters. Love to see the imagery of a Russian warship be towed by a fishing boat. 

He’s desperate for funds. Probably headed to the Strait of Malacca in hopes of finding the wreck of the Flor de la Mar.

1 minute ago, TexPx said:

He’s desperate for funds. Probably headed to the Strait of Malacca in hopes of finding the wreck of the Flor de la Mar.

Maldives to protect his boats. 

A growing number of superyachts belonging to Russian tycoons have made their way to the Indian Ocean, cruising around the Maldives and Seychelles just as sanctions are imposed on their homeland following Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine. 

The four biggest luxury yachts in the Maldives right now are Russian-owned, according to an analysis of vessel data by Bloomberg News. The largest, the 459-foot (140-meter) Ocean Victory, belongs to steel magnate Victor Rashnikov, according to SuperyachtFan.com, while another -- the 238-foot Clio -- is linked to aluminum tycoon Oleg Deripaska.

3 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Who the fuck has 1000 personal staff? Maybe that's normal for heads of state but that seems like a lot.  Of course I don't even have a maid so might be out of touch with the .01%.

Most of us only have a couple of manservants so yeah it’s hard to understand, but Putin has multiple palaces, and some of those palaces could have 100+ servants at each location, so he could hit a thousand pretty quickly.  

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Most of us only have a couple of manservants so yeah it’s hard to understand, but Putin has multiple palaces, and some of those palaces could have 100+ servants at each location, so he could hit a thousand pretty quickly.  

I believe the correct term is person of service.

44 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He had marbles? 

Putin, has only got one ball

Lavrov, has two but very small

Shoigu's, can produce no goo

But poor Medvedev has no balls at all.

Putin, has only got one ball

The other, is in the Albert Hall

His mother, the dirty bugger

Cut it off when he was small.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

There are quite a few churches up here who call themselves "Ukrainian Catholic," and most members are Ukrainian immigrants or descendants.  My googling says they're aligned with the Roman Catholics and totally not Orthodox.  But yeah.  One should research that before sending money.  Don't your donation paying the mortgage at some oligarch's lake house.

those are Byzantine Catholics, not at all common in Ukraine (or anywhere else, for that matter).

Ukrainian Christians are for the most part Orthodox Christians and under the equal fold of the Metropolitan.

5 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So we have already seen a purge at the executive staff level and now we are seeing it at the field/operational theater command level…

Yep, everything is fine and this was the plan all along…

This Is Fine GIF

4 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

Why Dubai, though? To escape a Russian purge?

Urals to either get them safe or to keep them close to Putin. That's a flight to the bunkers located there.

I assume Novosibirsk is the closest airport to a bunker in Siberia. Either that or people are being taken to gulags in their own jet aircraft.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

So theory on all those Russian planes headed to where bunker dwarf allegedly is in Altai? No chance he gets offed I guess? 

I doubt those aircraft are aloft without Putin’s permission. Given the whole Siberia thing and that the transponders were on, makes me think he’s sending a message to the oligarchs.  

He should be using them to fly in reinforcements.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That would mean over 20,000 wounded.  

20k gravely.  Many more with significant, but not completely debilitating injuries but at a less than optimal state.  Then you have the untold tens of thousands more lined up to try and care for them.  RU supply lines have to be goat fucked at this point.  

What's the latest on the story of Russia seizing the foreign owned aircraft leased to Russian carriers? I have to think that a mass seizure will ruin the Russian freight and passenger carriers for decades. I'm sure companies would be willing to sell to them in the future for cash but who would ever lease to them again? Or more importantly, no one would insure those leasing companies or perhaps invest in them.

• Hook 'Em 1