Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

11 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Found a picture of their drill instructor leading them in basic training.

Netflix's Squid Game is a K-drama take on the battle royale genre | ONE  Esports

Notice how the recruits are wearing green uniforms that won't be enough to protect against the bitter cold. The expression of fear and resignation on their faces. In the end, the odds of surviving are the same, but at least these recruits have clean sheets.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Foosters said:

My suggestion to avert nuclear war is to covertly let every military commander, high ranking government official, and other important Kremlin figures know that if a nuclear warhead is used on a NATO nation, everyone they know and hold dear to them will be targeted for assassination. Their brother living in Vienna? Gone. Their 22 year old socialite daughter living in Paris? Bullet to the head. Their 5 year old grandson playing with toy Z tanks in preschool? Accidentally falls off a balcony. We will kill everyone they hold even a passing affection towards. After that is all done, we'll come for you. 

Of course, this is probably why I'm not in charge.

1852773ad3c808ba7b974c8a9cb70245792a034a

Edited by SaucyJack

Is it really an open corridor if it’s under Ukrainian artillery coverage?  I guess technically some vehicles can slip through if they are fast enough and the drivers are skillful.

I hope someday we get the full story on the full breadth and width of just how much we supplied and trained Ukraine, because they are performing at a level that Tom Clancy, Harold Coyle, Dale Brown, Norman Schwarzkopf, etc. could have only imagined on a heavily contested battlefield against Russia.

I know the US and NATO are studying and learning from this, but damn.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I hope someday we get the full story on the full breadth and width of just how much we supplied and trained Ukraine, because they are performing at a level that Tom Clancy, Harold Coyle, Dale Brown, Norman Schwarzkopf, etc. could have only imagined on a heavily contested battlefield against Russia.

I know the US and NATO are studying and learning from this, but damn.

Oh, and Sir John Hackett, I can’t believe I didn’t mention him in that group first.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, dimyh said:

gotdamn this thread has been blazing fast the past few days. Just adding on to Brisket's poker analogy about escalation. USA is not escalating; we are just cold calling.

It's like a NL tourney with Ukraine on the BB with a short stack, USA UTG limps in, a few other callers and Russia OTB sees the opportunity to squeeze the little guy and steal the pot. Ukraine has some cards and reraises. USA is just slick cold-calling 3bets the whole way.

USA flops the nuts and checks down. Russia is still fixated on Ukraine and trying to get them all-in based on a weak draw and not noticing that USA is straight calling down the whole way even though they've got 10x the chips. Next thing he knows he's pot committed on the turn and the desperate realization that even if he hits his miracle card he's probably toast.

All the while Ukraine knows its probably beating Russia and even if it does lose out, USA has already told them they are bankrolling them for the rest of their Vegas trip.

Im raising here

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Isn’t that one of the places they just pretended they took back as russia?

Yeah. Read about it this morning and apparently civilians had been going back and forth to give friends and family necessary in the city food and medicine for awhile. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

For those worried about nukes, The Drive talked to some experts.  They aren’t worried.   Whole article is worth a read, and not long. 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/nuclear-experts-on-chances-of-russia-using-atomic-weapons-in-ukraine

Read Stephen Schwartz’s comments and tell me he didn’t say that  he felt Putin could be pushed into using them if they annexed Ukraine’s territory and declared an attack in those territories would be considered an attack on Russia (exactly what just happened) and his bluff (if it is even a bluff) was called

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

For those worried about nukes, The Drive talked to some experts.  They aren’t worried.   Whole article is worth a read, and not long. 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/nuclear-experts-on-chances-of-russia-using-atomic-weapons-in-ukraine

Did we read different articles?  About the only thing reassuring to me in there is the blurb that there isn't much strategic use for the tactical nukes in Ukraine, so it seems unlikely for Putin to use those.

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I watched and later read the English transcript of Putin’s annexation speech so you don’t have to. 

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/transcripts/69465

The Western Allies bombed Germany to scare the USSR. 

Keep an eye on this, as I expect some person in the newly annexed territories to announce they were experimented on. This is a new one. 

“Anglo-Saxons”’ is a weird tic that creeps into pro-Kremlin discourse in all Slavic languages and it’s quite clearly a bid to create a civilizational foil to “pan-Slavism.” 

Putin is going to make the food crisis worse. That’s the message here. 

Russia is special and doesn’t have to follow rules. Please remember this the next time you hear how it’s all about NATO. 

It is terrifying that such a crazed person has so much power. It feels like a speech straight out of the early 20th century.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

More annotated Putin:

In 1991 in Belovezhskaya Pushcha, representatives of the party elite of that time made a decision to terminate the Soviet Union, without asking ordinary citizens what they wanted, and people suddenly found themselves cut off from their homeland. This tore apart and dismembered our national community and triggered a national catastrophe. Just like the government quietly demarcated the borders of Soviet republics, acting behind the scenes after the 1917 revolution, the last leaders of the Soviet Union, contrary to the direct expression of the will of the majority of people in the referendum of 1991, destroyed our great country, and simply made the people in the former republics face this as an accomplished fact.

I can admit that they didn’t even know what they were doing and what consequences their actions would have in the end. But it doesn't matter now. There is no Soviet Union anymore; we cannot return to the past. Actually, Russia no longer needs it today; this isn’t our ambition. 

“It’s fine, honey. You just know I don’t care for Thai food so I don’t know why you suggested it.  But we can go since you and the kids like it.  It would just be nice to go out to someplace everyone enjoys. But I’m not upset, let’s get Thai food.”

The West is counting on impunity, on being able to get away with anything. As a matter of fact, this was actually the case until recently. Strategic security agreements have been trashed; agreements reached at the highest political level have been declared tall tales; firm promises not to expand NATO to the east gave way to dirty deception as soon as our former leaders bought into them; missile defence, intermediate-range and shorter-range missile treaties have been unilaterally dismantled under far-fetched pretexts.

Dmitry! This speech is ten minutes long and there’s nothing about NATO or missiles. Work it in there somewhere, Meaesheimer and Chomsky need something to work with. 

Let’s answer some very simple questions for ourselves. Now I would like to return to what I said and want to address also all citizens of the country – not just the colleagues that are in the hall – but all citizens of Russia: do we want to have here, in our country, in Russia, “parent number one, parent number two and parent number three” (they have completely lost it!) instead of mother and father? Do we want our schools to impose on our children, from their earliest days in school, perversions that lead to degradation and extinction? Do we want to drum into their heads the ideas that certain other genders exist along with women and men and to offer them gender reassignment surgery? Is that what we want for our country and our children? This is all unacceptable to us. We have a different future of our own. 

Let me repeat that the dictatorship of the Western elites targets all societies, including the citizens of Western countries themselves. This is a challenge to all. This complete renunciation of what it means to be human, the overthrow of faith and traditional values, and the suppression of freedom are coming to resemble a “religion in reverse” – pure Satanism. 

I need some stuff in here for Такер Карлсон and Алекс Джонс to work with, too. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

It is clear that Putin's long game had been to destabilize the west so that he could reclaim the former borders of the Soviet Union and perhaps go farther. He was hoping that his election interference in our democracies, promotion of candidates and ideals that would turn western countries inward, and large-scale ideological warfare via social media and other sources, would divide and weaken the west so that he could reclaim all of the former eastern bloc countries without much of a fight. And he came really close to breaking apart NATO. 

Brexit is absolutely fucking Brittain up too, putins destabilization efforts have been wildly successful in weakening the opposition to putin's policies. Hell, breaking up NATO was legitimately on the table for a year or two

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, The Dog said:

time for Hungary to shit or get off the pot

It’s Orban. He will shit all over the pot then sit back down and smear it all over with his ass cheeks. Then he will fly to the next republican rally to give a keynote speech. Still covered in his own shit. 

13 hours ago, MillerEP said:

^UNSC vote to condemn the Russian annexation

Seriously, what is required to get them off the council? Quit and form a new one?

12 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Yeah going to need an actual translation on that one. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s Orban. He will shit all over the pot then sit back down and smear it all over with his ass cheeks. Then he will fly to the next republican rally to give a keynote speech. Still covered in his own shit. 

Seriously, what is required to get them off the council? Quit and form a new one?

Yeah going to need an actual translation on that one. 

Reporter introduces herself and asks Yevgeny Viktorovich (Prigozhin Wagner PMC CEO) if he’s surprised that he’s not on the latest sanctions package from the U.S., UK, Canada. Response:

“There’s nothing surprising in it at all. I’ve always behaved charitably to America and even helped them correct some of their internal political problems. As for the referenda, no one asked me about them and I didn’t take part. To get sanctioned for fighting in Ukraine, I have not been effective enough yet. I’ll try harder.” 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1