Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

11 minutes ago, Pods said:

The rounds for ones used on land self-destruct in the air if they don't hit the target. The biggest problem is the range and the amount of ammo we'd need. The range is only ~2.2 miles. It would take a metric shit ton of CIWS to defend the cities and I don't think we'd have enough if we stripped every US facility and ship. We definitely wouldn't have enough self-destructing ammo.

Without a huge scale-up, CIWS are not a practical solution defending entire cities, they are really only practical for defending smaller areas, like the capital, or downtown. 

So, I mean.....here's the thing.  The rooskies have made it plain that they are targeting critical infrastructure, mostly utilities.  Can't the Ukes go a BIT old school and have AA emplacements of some sort on nearby structures, ready to defend those facilities from multiple directions?

I mean, yeah, OLD school AA.  They're shooting at big fat drones mostly.  Sure, they're zippy, but they are hittable.  Honestly, it's a perfect kind of duty for volunteers who may not be fit for charging from the trenches at the front, but who still have fight in em.

Sure, fancy AA missiles are better and more reliable.  But they're expensive, and there's a limited supply.  So for this sort of tech, is there a lower-tech solution?

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, I mean.....here's the thing.  The rooskies have made it plain that they are targeting critical infrastructure, mostly utilities.  Can't the Ukes go a BIT old school and have AA emplacements of some sort on nearby structures, ready to defend those facilities from multiple directions?

I mean, yeah, OLD school AA.  They're shooting at big fat drones mostly.  Sure, they're zippy, but they are hittable.  Honestly, it's a perfect kind of duty for volunteers who may not be fit for charging from the trenches at the front, but who still have fight in em.

Sure, fancy AA missiles are better and more reliable.  But they're expensive, and there's a limited supply.  So for this sort of tech, is there a lower-tech solution?

They are not zippy at all. The Shahed 136 we've seen so far is a delta wing that travels at low speed. It is about as maneuverable as a yield sign with a bomb strapped to it. The only thing that shape is good at for low speeds is it is stable at steep climbs, or dives. They suck side to side. They are also pre-programmed to their target, so they shouldn't move at all. They are small, but their flight path should be highly predictable once detected. 

Radar batteries and old school AA with proximity fuses should annihilate them. The cruise missiles might be more of a challenge, but the UA anti-air is good. With the drones controlled, they could then focus on cruise missiles and air planes with a high rate of success. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Nah, I believe it, Israel just isn't going on the record to say as much.  And Ukraine asking for "The Iron Dome," is incredibly specialized request, for a unique fabrication and exposures that Jerusalem isn't in the market for.  It's like asking for a very specific hand-loomed textile for a cleanup job, when commercially-available rolls of paper towels exist on the shelf.

But that hand-loomed textile really ties the room together. 

4 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

^Elon coming in hot with the trolling of Medvdev

^Wagnerites are mad Ukraine has the good stuff

First post. That is the only place the Russians are still on the offensive. 

Second post. Um yeah, we (the West) know how to build good equipment. How is your Lada with no seat belts Sergei? 

1 hour ago, CHIEF said:

Buy a few hundred Toyota Hulux and mount M-134s in the bed. M-134s have been around since 1963, so we should have quite a few available, and 7.62 ammo is cheaper than 20mm. Serves a dual purpose, shoot down Iranian drones, and cut through Russians. Even civilians have a few:

CHIEF

66535FE0-859F-4F29-89C6-3F1F478748E5.gif.4d0a22a1cb364813610395cf160c7827.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Agree he should. But is there an international indictment? 

Maybe he can get tea poisoning. Exploding toilet? Fall out of window? 

That's kind of my point...wtf is the Hague doing?   He's ordering attacks on the civilian infrastructure and residences and everything else of a sovereign nation. They can't even pretend that it is collateral damage at this point.  And have admitted as such. 

And that doesn't even include the rape, murder and kidnapping of Ukrainian citizens. I mean I appreciate the support Ukraine has received from us and many other countries, but if you can just bomb the fuck out of hospitals and schools and train stations with no consequence then what the fuck are we doing? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, pops said:

That's kind of my point...wtf is the Hague doing?   He's ordering attacks on the civilian infrastructure and residences and everything else of a sovereign nation. They can't even pretend that it is collateral damage at this point.  And have admitted as such. 

And that doesn't even include the rape, murder and kidnapping of Ukrainian citizens. I mean I appreciate the support Ukraine has received from us and many other countries, but if you can just bomb the fuck out of hospitals and schools and train stations with no consequence then what the fuck are we doing? 

Agree once again.

Shit takes time. The Dutch called for a special hearing today. It took years in Bosnia. 

Hence, choke on a FELLA cookie? Fall out of window? 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pods said:

Radar batteries and old school AA with proximity fuses should annihilate them. The cruise missiles might be more of a challenge, but the UA anti-air is good. With the drones controlled, they could then focus on cruise missiles and air planes with a high rate of success. 

It seems like we/Ukraine could build some kind of cohesive/layered air defense - I mentioned PATRIOT - seems like we could reserve those for what we know are the bigger cruise missiles that are causing more damage (particularly against Ukraine’s infrastructure), while keeping the cheaper stuff for the drones.

Shit, Ukraine seems to be jerry-rigging all kinds NATO and Russian stuff together, I would assume they could get some radars working that would help them determine the difference between cruise missiles and cheap drones.  Those guys who shoot cruise missiles down, surely they aren’t just randomly standing around waiting for something to fly by, and instead have some warning.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Hitler could have happily been King Turd of Shit Mountain at home in Germany if the rest of Europe had enforced the fucking treaties and slapped Germany around during the reoccupation of the Rhineland.  It was precisely a policy of non-isolation and appeasement that allowed him to become a problem outside of Germany.

We were kind of talking about it in the ‘Conspiracy’ thread in Movies/TV, about how much effort their top officials and bureaucrats put into killing the Jews.  If they had taken all of that organizational aptitude, and their engineers and scientists (and not driven away or killed their Jewish scientists and engineers) and focused it on becoming a manufacturing powerhouse, they could have had an economy that was massive and stretched far and wide.

Plus, no war may mean the US doesn’t build up its milt juggernaut and maybe doesn’t enter the mid 1940s as a manufacturing powerhouse in its own right.  Germany could have conquered Europe economically, and had business interests that circled the globe.  Countries and companies from around the world would want to partner with it.

Putin had the natural resources, and should have worked a lot harder on developing Russia instead of letting the oligarchs walk away with untold billions.  He should have worked on everything from tourism to developing the internal infrastructure (roads, internet, etc.), and even invited immigration (even if it was from European states and the US and Canada).  Had he not fucked around and invaded Crimea, it could have been Russian gas companies handling the work of bringing the Ukrainian oil and gas resources in the Black Sea online.

But Putin is a greedy and petty little KGB man at heart, from the school of “fuck you, pay me”, and so instead of building a country and economy that Russians could be proud of, hundreds of thousands fled in a brain drain he won’t recover from, it’s demographics are permanently  accelerating towards a collapse, and Russia has to resort to buying fucking drones from Iran, and making their cheap ass cars without airbags.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, pops said:

I’m honestly surprised Putin would leave Russia at all, even if it’s to a bordering country.  As paranoid as he is, surely he has a little fear of dropping into  another country, and then getting a message telling him to stay there, else his plane is shot down or there will be men waiting to take him into custody,

• Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It seems like we/Ukraine could build some kind of cohesive/layered air defense - I mentioned PATRIOT - seems like we could reserve those for what we know are the bigger cruise missiles that are causing more damage (particularly against Ukraine’s infrastructure), while keeping the cheaper stuff for the drones.

Shit, Ukraine seems to be jerry-rigging all kinds NATO and Russian stuff together, I would assume they could get some radars working that would help them determine the difference between cruise missiles and cheap drones.  Those guys who shoot cruise missiles down, surely they aren’t just randomly standing around waiting for something to fly by, and instead have some warning.

NASAMs are going to be big if we can get them built fast enough. Ukraine is going to run low on S-300 missiles soon enough, and we really don't have a way to resupply those. Being able to give them some AMRAAM and sidewinder inventory at least provides a decently cost effective replacement with plenty of missiles available for medium range air defense. Still not great to use 100k missiles against 20k drones though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

uh sir, we are awaiting the report from AmnestyInternational before doing anything first.

They, after all, are the experts on what constitutes a war crime.  use an abandonded school to be a military HQ: war crime. 

Bomb the living fuck out of every occupied hospital in missile range: silence.

Maybe they can have a concert and Sting and Bono can make statements. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

55 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

We were kind of talking about it in the ‘Conspiracy’ thread in Movies/TV, about how much effort their top officials and bureaucrats put into killing the Jews.  If they had taken all of that organizational aptitude, and their engineers and scientists (and not driven away or killed their Jewish scientists and engineers) and focused it on becoming a manufacturing powerhouse, they could have had an economy that was massive and stretched far and wide.

Plus, no war may mean the US doesn’t build up its milt juggernaut and maybe doesn’t enter the mid 1940s as a manufacturing powerhouse in its own right.  Germany could have conquered Europe economically, and had business interests that circled the globe.  Countries and companies from around the world would want to partner with it.

Putin had the natural resources, and should have worked a lot harder on developing Russia instead of letting the oligarchs walk away with untold billions.  He should have worked on everything from tourism to developing the internal infrastructure (roads, internet, etc.), and even invited immigration (even if it was from European states and the US and Canada).  Had he not fucked around and invaded Crimea, it could have been Russian gas companies handling the work of bringing the Ukrainian oil and gas resources in the Black Sea online.

But Putin is a greedy and petty little KGB man at heart, from the school of “fuck you, pay me”, and so instead of building a country and economy that Russians could be proud of, hundreds of thousands fled in a brain drain he won’t recover from, it’s demographics are permanently  accelerating towards a collapse, and Russia has to resort to buying fucking drones from Iran, and making their cheap ass cars without airbags.

I've always wondered why these countries that are loaded with oil don't build refineries and export valued-added products instead of raw oil.  Jobs and more revenue and such.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

5B9B5B5D-17F3-4753-BF44-E38E6DB84B92.gif.131bade7daea49ca74af5e31d01c719f.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, pops said:

If putin really shows up to g20, how is he not arrested on the spot? 

3 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Agree he should. But is there an international indictment? 

Maybe he can get tea poisoning. Exploding toilet? Fall out of window? 

1 hour ago, pops said:

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Agree once again.

Shit takes time. The Dutch called for a special hearing today. It took years in Bosnia. 

Hence, choke on a FELLA cookie? Fall out of window? 

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’m honestly surprised Putin would leave Russia at all, even if it’s to a bordering country.  As paranoid as he is, surely he has a little fear of dropping into  another country, and then getting a message telling him to stay there, else his plane is shot down or there will be men waiting to take him into custody,

The G-20 summit is in Bali.  Seems like airplanes disappear in that area from time to time.  His should.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

First time experiencing Europeans and their insane addiction to overwhelming, ineffectual bureaucracy?

James Franco Reaction GIF

Just imagine if Italy was running the courts.  

"Hello, I'm here for my trial..."

"You didn't bring the right form."

(Comes back with the form)

"Sorry, the form is supposed to be translated in Italian."

(Comes back with the translated form. Window is closed. Two hours later...)

"Ah, you're supposed to be at the other office.  They open tomorrow."

(Goes to the other office with the translated form)

"That's the wrong form.  You need to go back to the first office and get the right form."

Ad nauseum 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1