Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

On 2/17/2023 at 5:47 PM, RDCanecutter said:

That's why I never recommend getting in the time machine to shoot Baby Hitler. Get rid of Baby Hitler, and maybe Baby Damhirschkuh grows up, leads a similar rabidly resentful political party, and wins WW2.

The only way to stop Baby Hitler, or someone similar, was for England to sit out WW1. Germany pretty quickly wins a less consequential war. No Nazis in aftermath, no Bolshevik revolution. The 20th century looks a lot different. 

• Drool 1

23 minutes ago, statsman said:

No Cloak Room, but I am a political conservative, at heart a Reagan Republican. I have never posted these words before, but here goes- I am proud of Joe Biden. I am also proud that he emphasized bipartisan support for Ukraine (as did McConnell earlier this weekend). He is setting an example for all of us. 

I assume he isn’t visiting Kyiv to tell them that we can’t send a certain weapons system. I’m looking forward to the updated goodie list. 

It’s not all sunshine and daffodils, unfortunately. Shit is real for Ukraine. Here is a WSJ article from this weekend about how deep into the populace the Ukraine armed forces have to draw

I said the same thing over in the CR thread.  I'm sure I'm getting lit on fire or something atm.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yes. It also applies to when you are stuck behind a vehicle. Constant fire is more productive. If both are shooting then you both run out. On my security teams every RPG lead has a loader. RPG fires, AK came up. RPG gets loaded. This way should there be a grenade for instance, hits the team, one is out, the other can take over. Lot of cross training. And there is no weakness in being the loader. You keep up fire, you keep magazines loaded, you keep weapons cool. 

All of this plus working in rotations so the gunner always has fresh feet.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This visit is the first visit of a U.S. President to any war zone without U.S. troops present. The reaction unfolding from Ukrainians, their European neighbors, and even Russian media propagandists is a demonstration of the unique power of the United States to inspire for good when we wield it responsibly and with care. It’s something no other nation has and watching it action should inspire Americans to be more thoughtful and responsible themselves. 

The article about what Ukraine is losing shows what’s at stake and how they are fighting. Ukrainians and not Russians are the heirs to the heroism shown in the Great Patriotic War.

Ukraine is showing that, despite Russian propaganda, it is a nation. 

• Hook 'Em 8

I thought this was pretty useful:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ukraine-weapons-tanks-jets-missiles-military-equipment-war-russia/?WT.mc_id=e_DM110305&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_Edi_New_Reg&utmsource=email&utm_medium=Edi_Edi_New_Reg20230220&utm_campaign=DM110305

Since the outbreak of war in February 2022, The Telegraph has been tracking donations and deliveries of weapons to Ukraine. Our correspondents have reported on their use on the battlefield and our experts have analysed their effectiveness. Many of the resources we have produced can now be found here, along with details of other key weapons. This is not a comprehensive list of all weapons in Ukraine.

Let me know if y'all have a problem with the link, and I can see what I can do.

• Hook 'Em 5

33 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Wood. 

I love her so, so, so much.  We'll be in Helsinki in a couple of months.  Need to make our appointment with her.  Maybe a nice dinner, talk politics, get a coupla drinks in her, see what happens.  Pretty sure the wife would be down for some expanded diplomatic relations, some sort of trilateral arrangement, that kind of thing.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Biden popping up in Kyiv and telling the orcs we were doing it is such an absolute tea bagging of putin. 

This is at once a signal to the free world and an absolute humiliation of pooty tang.

Sa da tay 

It’s like Putin’s television puppets every night saying “We are actually fighting Biden and America”.   And Biden saying, 

38C470AD-FF41-4941-8E1A-CA9EB12FDE15.gif.5b55af4860922009b2ff9b548d2707be.gif

“That’s right bitch. “

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What I love is that the truth is this:

"No....you're just fighting some of our stuff.  About 5% of it.  And very little of the really good stuff.  If you were ACTUALLY fighting Biden and America, including all of our stuff, and all of our trained troops.....we'd be having this conversation in occupied Moscow.  Right now, you're just fighting the sweat that drips from my prodigious nuts.  If I was actually teabagging you, your smothered ass would damn well know it."

Maybe you can be Biden's emotional translator like the Key and Peele Obama skits. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Reasserting our position as the leader of the free world.

This is the most important thing that should come out of today.  We as a nation get wrapped up in our entertainment, social media, etc., to a degree that we didn't in the past (due to a lack of those diversions), as well as stupid reality shit, etc., that doesn't portray us in a positive light.  We kind of stopped caring about the patriotic stuff (helped by the USSR breaking up 30 years ago), but it's good to see that we can still be the leader of the free world and that other nations still respect that.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Multiple translations:

• History always repeats. Power is in the truth, and the truth is with us! 21.02.23
  • History repeats, but the power is always in truth
  • "Moscow is preparing for tomorrow's historic day. There will be no turning back. 21.02.23"
  • History always repeat itself.The power is in truth,but truth is our(meaning="we are right")
  • It says “History repeats itself” on the 1 year anniversary of the war, which already alarmed some intuitive Russians of what potentially could be coming.

Interesting, but I'd wait for one of the Russian-speaking folks like Julia Davis or WarTranslated to chime in.

• Hook 'Em 1