Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I accept this as sincere, but now am just confused at what I thought I read. 

I was mostly whining that I'm having to play editor and just post the "good" Philips P O'Brien twits, as otherwise this thread would be nothing but that AND I'd have no time to do anything else. Not everything he twits is relevant to this thread... or any other. Though I suppose we could start a thread for "Irish people complaining about the lack of English funding for Scottish universities."

Anyway, on the topic of "things ppo'b twits or retwits that are interesting and relevant"

• Hook 'Em 6

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This goes back to even (at least) Roman times. One big reason that the Legions rolled over not just barbarians, but more sophisticated foes, was that every night they bedded down in a familiar, orderly, temporarily fortified camp where they ate and went to sleep while their opponents shivered in the cold.  Roman generals factored in the time and supplies to build a camp when campaigning. 

In the Kirk Douglass Spartacus movie some dipshit noble ally of Crassus is picked to lead the Pretorian Guard to rout the gladiator/slaves.    He neglects to build the ditch and palisade that is the legion norm (as the slaves are rabble, after all) and gets defeated by Spartacus due to his failure to fortify the camp.   He is then banished from Rome for his stupidity and the violation of a core legion rule.  

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

So they really are doubling down on Bahkmut and giving Wagner the ammo they’ve been begging for, even though that’s way way down the list of where the stuff is needed, or Prigozin is firing off everything they have left based on assurances that more is coming soon (which may or may not have been said, and even if it was, may or may not actually happen). I’m not sure which of those two possibilities is my favorite.  

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

Speaking of which, what's the phrase to listen for on the OSINT or the communique from Kyiv to say the invasion is under way? I'm a big fan of "У Джона довгі вуса."

How do you say "wound my heart with a monotonous languor" in Ukrainian? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Deej said:

So aggy. Which is more fake Army? Russia or aggy corps of cadets?

Always reminds me of when Army and the Aggies squared off several years ago.  IIRC Army had them beat but a late turnover foiled the upset.  Either on here or shaggy, it was called Army vs Fake Army, I laughed.  Another good laugh was when the aggie ladies won a natty in basketball I think.....TAMU, where the women are champions and the men are cheerleaders. 

• Haha 3

https://www.wsj.com/articles/putin-condemns-western-support-for-ukraine-as-russias-battlefield-losses-mount-2c09554f?st=u8guhari6r8s2ul&reflink=mobilewebshare_permalink

Putin doesn’t get it. The biggest gift from the west, to undermine Russia, is liberal democracy, consent of the governed, inalienable rights and transparent markets. The genie isn’t going back into the bottle. 

• Hook 'Em 6