Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

On 7/21/2023 at 1:32 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Damn, did I sleep through the last global thermonuclear war?

On 7/21/2023 at 1:35 PM, RPM said:

Oh, it happened. Fortunately, our side had them. Japan, not so much.

On 7/21/2023 at 2:17 PM, Handcruser said:

Yea- it really didn’t. There was no global thermonuclear war.

What there was was an opportunity for the US to end the war with Japan with a new found technology in order to stop a mainland invasion of American troops. We dropped a few nukes and Japan said “please don’t do that again - where can we sign to stop the madness”?

On 7/21/2023 at 2:32 PM, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Never heard of it 🙄

They are?

They do?

This is akin to a condescending yard sign.

On 7/21/2023 at 2:30 PM, Rimbo said:

1. We're already in it. We're just not just enough with ourselves to admit it.

And while fear of global thermonuclear war is a healthy thing, allowing any state with nukes to do whatever they want because we're afraid they might launch the missiles is not a reasonable alternative.

2. Regime change won't change a thing.

The only Russian regime that didn't have their eyes on Eastern Europe and beyond was Yeltsin's, and that's 100% entirely because he was too drunk and incompetent to focus his eyes beyond the end of his ruddy nose, and no other reason.

War games geopolitics nuclear war GIF on GIFER - by Saithirius

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

He sits on a throne of lies!

Seriously, anyone else notice just what a fucking munchkin he is just by how he is sitting at that table?  I knew he was short, but now I'm thinking he is circus dwarf size.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Does it matter if we kill everyone on earth out of the worlds hubris or ruzzia hubris? It would be cleaner knowing most of ruzzia was glass when I saw the light. Let's get this party started.

CALL THEIR BLUFF.

They won't do shit.

YouTube keeps recommending 'By Dawn's Early Light' to me, an old HBO movie:

In the late 1980s, a group of dissident officials in the Soviet Union has grown afraid of losing power as relations improve with the United States. Hoping to oust the Soviet President, they steal a nuclear missile and launch it at the Soviet city of Donetsk from a site in NATO member Turkey. The Soviet automated defense systems, believing a NATO attack is in progress, execute a measured launch of intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) at the United States.

As the stolen missile detonates over Donetsk and destroys the city, the Strategic Air Command (SAC) scrambles its forces. SAC Commander General Renning urges the President of the United States to authorize a full counterattack. The Soviet leader contacts his American counterpart, explaining the dissidents' actions. He asks the US to stand down, but he is willing to accept an American counterstrike if it is exactly equal to the Soviet's first strike, costing each side six to nine million people. If the United States launches an all-out attack, the Soviets will respond in kind, dooming the whole planet.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

If global thermonuclear war erupts before the governments admits it has recovered alien spacecraft parts in the hearings on the 26th I'm gonna be pissed!

Look, Mexico's fledgling space program may have had a crash that we recovered, but finding a shopping cart with some wings on it is no reason to start a thermonuclear war.  

Calm it down von Daniken.  

• Haha 1

Ukrainian deputy defence minister Hanna Maliar: "During the offensive, our defenders performed military miracles that will go down in textbooks. They attack in conditions when the enemy has more weapons and people. While an offensive is considered possible when the opposite is true. At the same time, our troops are advancing. And the question should be asked not about the number of kilometers traveled, but about the fact that we are moving forward or not. The fact that we are moving in the face of enemy superiority is a sign of the high skill and courage of our defenders. The number of casualties on our offensive lines is much lower than the enemy's. In the Bakhmut sector, our casualties are 8 times less than the enemy's. In the Berdyansk and Mariupol sectors, 5.3 times less. This is despite the fact that the offensive side usually loses more," she said on 1+1 TV. t.me/annamaliar/961

• Hook 'Em 6

19 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Man that Italian chick doesn't fuck around. 

Giorgia Meloni is my Hero, my Benchmark for what a leader should be; Passionate, Dynamic, (Duh!!!), Articulate, (I don't know what she is saying without subtitles, but I'm 100% behind her), Believable (is there any question as to how she really feels?), Respectful (She says her piece, says "Thank You" and sits down), and the "Damn the Torpedoes" approach in choosing her words.

Prime-Minister-Italy-Handover-Ceremony-G

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Summary of the day (25.07.2023 at 15:45 RO/UA Time):

1. Battle for Bakhmut 2.0 - The Russian southern front is on the verge of collapse. Andriivka, the town between Kurdyumivka and Klischiivka has been liberated by the Ukrainian Armed Forces (AFU) and is moving towards T0513, the Russian Ground Communications Line (GLOC) supporting Bakhmut in the south. T0513 is ESSENTIAL to the Russians if they want to keep part of Bakhmut under control. - Also south of #Bakhmut, #Klischiivka is already a contested settlement, as is #Kurdyumivka.

So what the Russians managed in 5 months (roughly time after the fall of Opytne and Mykolaivka Druha), the Ukrainians turned around in a month and a half. - North of Bakhmut the Ukrainians are advancing towards Ivanivske, but also along the M03 (highway from Sloviansk-Kramatorsk) in and around Orikhovo Vasylivka. the Russians are trying to hold the defensive line in Berkhivka. - In Bakhmut itself, which has already been out of full Russian control for some time, the AFU has entered the town from several places and Ivanivske and Khromove. [SOURCES] Ukrainian special forces raided deep into the city, right behind what Prigojin also popularly called the Tetris district. Why the battle for Bakhmut is essential to the war I've said many times, I won't repeat it. But it is already beginning to turn into a humiliation for the Russian Army, and this may have high-level repercussions in Russia.

2. Counter-offensive.

2.1 #Vasylivka Axis. In the last 24 hours, I don't have much new information to report on this axis. 2

.2 #Orihiv-Tokmak axis. At least 4 explosions (probably HIMARS) were confirmed yesterday in Tokmak, one of them near the railway center used by the Russians for supplying the front line. Robotyne (17 km from Tokmak) is under AFU assault. At least one EW (Electronic Warfare) system was destroyed by what is also believed to be an M30/M31 HIMARS missile.

2.3 #Velyka Novosilka-Berdiansk axis. In the last 24 hours, more Russian equipment has been destroyed also by #HIMARS from a distance. A concentration of Russian equipment is confirmed destroyed south of Staromlynivka, which is south of Staromaiorske, where fighting is now taking place for the AFU advance to Berdiansk and Mariupol. Novodonetske (southeast of Velyka Novosilka) has already been contested for some time, with the AFU entering the locality.

3. Non-combat events.

3.1 The US announced a new $400 million aid package for Ukraine, including (among other things): - HIMARS and #NASAMS ammunition; - Javelins and Stingers; - Artillery ammunition - 32 x APC #Strykers - #Hydra-70 missiles (normally used by US Apache helicopters, in Ukraine mounted on HUMVEE platform)

3.2 Shoigu will visit North Korea for military support. Here I have nothing more to comment on. That it is clear proof of who Russia is, and who its allies are and it further strengthens the CLEAR picture of this conflict I think this should be known to everyone: I think this information should reach as many people as possible, through your comments, shares, and reactions.

3.3 Russia is trying to inflame the situation in the Republic of Moldova, this time over the elections in the "autonomous" #Gagauzia region. President Maia Sandu is facing a new crisis to manage, one that could have tragic effects on the citizens of the Republic of #Moldova.

3.4 Ukrainian Defence Minister, Reznikov commented on the counter-offensive by saying: "It is overdue, but it is well planned and is achieving its goals".

3.5 [Personal subject] The Oleg Gubal Mobile Medical Complex is ready and has entered the testing phase before going to the front to save lives. It can save almost 1000 lives of military and civilians on the frontline. The concept is not unique, but the project is unique in Ukraine and I hope that it will be replicated many times. The Oleg Gubal Mobile Medical Complex is 100% funded by donations, more than 95% of them coming from Romanian citizens and a small part from the Republic of Moldova citizens, the fundraising is being done by me on this Facebook profile.

The total value of the investment amounts to about 150.000 euro (I say about, as it's also about the repairs of the van bombed by the Russians while it was under construction). ---- There are still 2 days to go before I close the "Water for Herson" campaign, a donation collection campaign through which I hope to raise enough funds for the repair of the central collection and filtration point of the Water-Canal Company in Herson, a point destroyed by Russian bombing and the destruction of the Kakhovka dam. 120,000 people depend on this point for access to drinking water.

At the same time, I hope that there will be money left for the "Resilience Points" in Herson for which the former and future Mayor of the Military Administration, Halyna Lubova asked me to get involved. These points are centers where thousands of people will have access to electricity, internet, and an emergency medical point (which works with medical equipment that needs electricity). These points will be equipped with photovoltaic systems that are independent of the electricity grid.

I believe that after the attacks a few hundred meters from the NATO border, from the Romanian border, we must act and help Ukraine as much as we can in humanitarian terms. If not for that people, then for our strategic interests. Romania's, the Republic of Moldova's (I see that now I'm talking more about this than the false patriots of AUR), NATO's. Ukraine is our shield. And we must strengthen it! The counteroffensive will continue and by the end of September [I EXPECT] that we will see a breakthrough at several points of the Surovikin Line of Russian defenses on the southern front.

• Hook 'Em 8

They really seem to believe those old Polish jokes, they have no idea what they are up against this time. 

Out of curiosity how much does the HIMARS ammo cost?  Considering this is US equipment, is $400 million USD what, a banana? 

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

This is one hell of an arc: Rusch saying mobiks left Klischiivka, while WarGonzo saying they "do not agree to leave" (literal translation).

Rusich: "According to our information, we left Kleshcheevka today. The mobilised personnel (naturally poorly motivated to fight, tired of the fighting and not understanding how much longer they are in the SMO zone) left their positions."

WarGonzo: "Our fighters do not agree to leave Kleshcheevka According to sources from the field, BARS units and military personnel of the Russian Defense Ministry continue to fight in the area of the settlement. Our artillery is active. The situation on the ground remains difficult, but it is too early to talk about leaving the settlement."

I guess the dead can't agree, which makes it a right assumption.

So twitter, or X, or whatever is a mess, but anyway, the State Duma is passing a law which allows regional governors to form their own PMCs and to arm them.  If this sounds like a bad idea, it's probably because it is.  Essentially, Russia is now going to go from being a mafia run country to an outright series of regional warlords.  We know this already sort of exists a la Kadyrov, but this means we are going to get some version of about 46 of him.  The law will give each PMC policing powers in their region.  

From a centralized power point of view (Putin), the more divided the regions, the less likely he has any sort of internal challenge.  Quite frankly, we may well be witnessing Russia move from not just being sort of European but more comparable to Somalia as a society, just a bunch of warlords.  

Regardless of how Ukraine ends for Russia, true to form, the subtitle "...and then it goes worse" will continue for the Russian people.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

So twitter, or X, or whatever is a mess, but anyway, the State Duma is passing a law which allows regional governors to form their own PMCs and to arm them.  If this sounds like a bad idea, it's probably because it is.  Essentially, Russia is now going to go from being a mafia run country to an outright series of regional warlords.  We know this already sort of exists a la Kadyrov, but this means we are going to get some version of about 46 of him.  The law will give each PMC policing powers in their region.  

It could be an effort to have the various regions playing off against one another, but still seems like a slight threat to Putin.

Or it could be that Putin is intent on gutting the various federal police/etc. for Ukraine and he's leaving regional security up to the governors.

It could also be a means to insure that nobody in the central government moves against Putin, because if these regional governors form a bunch of PMCs, and Putin dies/is removed from power, whoever tries to replace him may have to deal with a bunch of PMCs that are against them.

1 minute ago, Parliament said:

How significant will/would the fall of Bakhmut be?  What will the UKA's next step be?

I'm insanely curious to see if it would be covered on Russian state TV.

I think it opens up Luhansk.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It could be an effort to have the various regions playing off against one another, but still seems like a slight threat to Putin.

Or it could be that Putin is intent on gutting the various federal police/etc. for Ukraine and he's leaving regional security up to the governors.

It could also be a means to insure that nobody in the central government moves against Putin, because if these regional governors form a bunch of PMCs, and Putin dies/is removed from power, whoever tries to replace him may have to deal with a bunch of PMCs that are against them.

If it happens as described, it will be a large threat to Putin and will be an even larger threat to nuclear proliferation and the control of nuclear weapons.

• Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Out of curiosity how much does the HIMARS ammo cost?  Considering this is US equipment, is $400 million USD what, a banana? 

Various sources say between $100,000 (US cost) and $200,000 (Export cost). Army procurement documents suggest a cost of ~$144,000 per rocket. 

https://comptroller.defense.gov/Portals/45/Documents/defbudget/FY2024/MYP_Exhibits/GMLRS_ARMY_MYP_1-4.pdf

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is one hell of an arc: Rusch saying mobiks left Klischiivka, while WarGonzo saying they "do not agree to leave" (literal translation).

Rusich: "According to our information, we left Kleshcheevka today. The mobilised personnel (naturally poorly motivated to fight, tired of the fighting and not understanding how much longer they are in the SMO zone) left their positions."

WarGonzo: "Our fighters do not agree to leave Kleshcheevka According to sources from the field, BARS units and military personnel of the Russian Defense Ministry continue to fight in the area of the settlement. Our artillery is active. The situation on the ground remains difficult, but it is too early to talk about leaving the settlement."

I guess the dead can't agree, which makes it a right assumption.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Didn't something similar happen in the Late Western Roman Empire?

Sounds more like English Fyrds

A fyrd was a type of early Anglo-Saxon army that was mobilised from freemen or paid men to defend their Shire's lords estate, or from selected representatives to join a royal expedition. Service in the fyrd was usually of short duration and participants were expected to provide their own arms and provisions.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1