Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Pretty disappointing from the current administration. Hard to argue they haven't botched the aid response with the slow rollout of HIMARS, ATACMS, etc.

I have thoughts about this, I disagree given the political climate and affiliations of political parties.  But that's a discussion for CR

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Pretty disappointing from the current administration. Hard to argue they haven't botched the aid response with the slow rollout of HIMARS, ATACMS, etc.

So when are the F16s arriving, after the negotiations?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Meme Reaction GIF

Between Ukraine calling this a stalemate, admitting they don’t have any major offensive the rest of the year, and now this peace negotiation bullshit, are we playing some psychological game?

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, locodos said:

I have thoughts about this, I disagree given the political climate and affiliations of political parties.  But that's a discussion for CR

I'm not buying this, at least not yet.  I don't think if this were true Biden would be threatening to veto Israel funding without the package, additionally, I don't think he would have publicly asserted the need for $60 billion prior.  Right now it looks DOA in the House, but leverage exists with the shutdown and Israel still looming.  They have to explore all contingencies, so that part I get.  The next two weeks in Congress may well determine the course.   

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, B00M said:

Between Ukraine calling this a stalemate, admitting they don’t have any major offensive the rest of the year, and now this peace negotiation bullshit, are we playing some psychological game?

Pscyhological.  When we hemmed and hawed and it looks like ATACMS might not happen for a while, boom, Ukraine hits a couple of Russian close-air-support/supply airbases. It seems to be a constant pattern with Ukraine as well.  "No more offensives the rest of the year" means they have something cooking.

And Putin is holding off on mass mobilizations until after the elections, most likely April (and that maybe when he finally hits up Moscow/St. Petersburg).  Ukraine not going to pass that up.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

The NATO response was/is infuriating at best. Hemming and hawing about old MiGs, tanks, long range missiles, F-16s, etc.

I know there is no obligation for NATO to help, but if you’re gonna help, then REALLY help instead of holding your dick hoping things will turn out okay. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, B00M said:

Meme Reaction GIF

Or there is a possibility that the reality presented and believed here is incongruent with the reality on the ground.

• Fuck You 13

Not sure I believe the news that the West is pressuring for a ceasefire. I imagine it's just another PR blitz by the Kremlin, as the sources have been vague.

That's not to say I'll be surprised if it was true. I totally think they would abandon them if convenient, but the timing is a bit off.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I'm not buying this, at least not yet.  I don't think if this were true Biden would be threatening to veto Israel funding without the package, additionally, I don't think he would have publicly asserted the need for $60 billion prior.  Right now it looks DOA in the House, but leverage exists with the shutdown and Israel still looming.  They have to explore all contingencies, so that part I get.  The next two weeks in Congress may well determine the course.   

Yeah, I'd agree. The headline is "Broach topic of peace negotiations" which is about as meaningless as it gets. I mainly interpret it as NBC News just wanting to make some headlines. If there's a subplot message it was sent by someone to try light a fire under congressional UKR allies because the landscape there has changed dramatically in the past couple weeks..

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

Or there is a possibility that the reality presented and believed here is incongruent with the reality on the ground.

You mean that an outmanned, outgunned, allegedly overmatched country has reclaimed most of the territory taken from them from a hostile invader and fought them to a stalemate while their supporters slow rolled material support? That reality? Give these tough mother fuckers the good shit in 2024 and watch Russia fold. Air superiority is there for the taking. Russia is a fucking joke, sorry if you have family there or something. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Pscyhological.  When we hemmed and hawed and it looks like ATACMS might not happen for a while, boom, Ukraine hits a couple of Russian close-air-support/supply airbases. It seems to be a constant pattern with Ukraine as well.  "No more offensives the rest of the year" means they have something cooking.

And Putin is holding off on mass mobilizations until after the elections, most likely April (and that maybe when he finally hits up Moscow/St. Petersburg).  Ukraine not going to pass that up.

That beach head across the dnipro is still there and steady growing. That really appears to be a soft underbelly if they can get heavy equipment across. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I was just watching Lord of the Rings. It would have been a lot easier if Gandalf would have just negotiated a peace. Give Sauron Rohan, Rivendell, Gondor, Dale and the Ring. And let humans and the hobbits keep Arnor and the Shire. It will all work out.

• Hook 'Em 2

Huh. Just saw a story about how Mark Hamill did the spoken word (English) air raid warning for the Ukrainian air raid app. When he gives the all-clear, he ends with “may the force be with you.”

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-star-wars-luke-hamill-app-08ec03bf1a2c9c0378857090079f00f9

Good stuff from a good dude.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

On the missile attack in Kerch: there was information that a small missile ship "Askold" received at least three arrivals

This carrier of cruise missiles "Caliber" is one of the newest and most modern ships of the Russian Federation. It was laid down in 2016 just at the Kerch Shipyard "Zaliv", and was launched only in 2021.

To understand, in addition to 8 launchers for "Calibers" it has its own air defense system - "Pantsir-M" air defense system and "Orlan-10" UAV complex for reconnaissance.

So sayeth Siri

Edit: What Pantsir- M air defense system doing?

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 11:02 PM, InkaUtexas said:

Meanwhile, the latest in Russian nuke propaganda.

20 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If that’s really how complicated their nuclear weapons are, what are the odds that they actually work?

Looks more like a video game capture or something from T2 Judgement Day

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If that’s really how complicated their nuclear weapons are, what are the odds that they actually work?

There’s some artistic license for drama but it’s pretty much how a MIRVd ICBM works.  We still have a few hundred but the Russians REALLY love them and I’d expect more as they keep pulling out of arms control.

It’s a mature technology. The Russians have many of these. I’d not count on them all breaking. 

• Hook 'Em 4

23 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Independent Russian news outlet (Sirena?) has allegedly reported that at least 6 Russian ballistic missile tests have been unsuccessful since June 30… these are tests that the west can monitor so you know Russia is using their best hardware to try to avoid embarrassment and look capable. 

• Hook 'Em 4