Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

How big of a deal is it to disconnect and reconnect?

Obviously it's way more than flipping a switch, but operationally how difficult is it to disconnect a country from the SWIFT system?

no idea but if it were run by me and my team of LSS Black Belts, Data Scientist and CPI team, we'd have all the shit automated with a push of a button on a cell phone. 🙂

three days ago, but don't recall this being discussed.  poland and lithuania supporting Ukraine membership to the EU. gotta believe if they make it out of this alive they will get NATO and EU membership stat.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/poland-lithuania-say-ukraine-deserves-eu-candidate-status-due-current-security-2022-02-23/

I wouldn’t be so sure. I can’t imagine most Americans would support sending their kids to die to protect Ukraine.

From a guy there (link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CaaojOOrYJz/):

“I got to the front this evening. If you can call it a front. As soon as I joined my company we were in contact, rather, I joined them while they were in contact. A bit humorous introduction.

‘Who are you?’
*incoming rounds*
‘Fresh meat, where can I find a rifle?’
*more incoming rounds*
‘That pile over there.’

I’m a veteran. Been in combat before. Nothing like this. Nothing remotely like this. Iraq doesn’t shine a candle to this. This is what my grandfather was talking about when he said war is a nightmare you can’t wake up from.

It feels like the world’s ammunition supply is being expended here.”
- Western Volunteer. Invasion of Ukraine. February 25th, 2022.

This story was documented by @nicklaidthelaw Every soldier has a story, and every story deserves to be told.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

i'm surprised the Russians didn't start tracking this sooner. maybe they have been the entire time and keeping quiet about it hoping to find Zelensky. but the cat is out of the bag now. i'm sure Zelensky and his team are offline.

this means that Russians have access to the national cell networks or took over network offices of the national cell networks. either way, they can start monitoring unencrytped calls and texts.

this also means that via cell tower triangulation, the can pinpoint specific people or groups of people accurately enough to drop a few precision missiles or bombs. re Zelensky they would have to know his or his advisors cell phone information, usually via SIM card or IMEI. i'm sure the CIA told his ass to not use his cell phone or use some unknown phone.

58 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Is that a lot?

To put it in perspective: Nobody is giving Russia $350 million in advanced weapons and and aid.  On top of the thousands of anti-tank/anti-air weapons being rushed in by the Europeans.

This whole thing is one big dog pile - once everybody smelled blood in the water (or were forced into it, looking at you Germany), it's like they couldn't wait to give the Ukrainians weapons.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, FartingMonk said:

The reports of Russian troops not know who were fighting completely baffles me.  They have been on the border of Ukraine for months.  Who did they think they were fighting?  NAZIS?  

Yes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2022/feb/25/putin-references-neo-nazis-and-drug-addicts-in-bizarre-speech-to-russian-security-council-video

46 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

34 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think one thing about this is these tanks lack infantry support and are just tooling down the highway.  Between that and the unpreparedness of Russian troops, it seems like they're sitting ducks.

Those Russian tanks in that clip above are damned lucky nobody with an NLAW or St. Javeliln was hiding out nearby - those civilians slowed them down enough to make for an easy kill.

17 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

i'm surprised the Russians didn't start tracking this sooner. maybe they have been the entire time and keeping quiet about it hoping to find Zelensky. but the cat is out of the bag now. i'm sure Zelensky and his team are offline.

this means that Russians have access to the national cell networks or took over network offices of the national cell networks. either way, they can start monitoring unencrytped calls and texts.

If I were running the Russian intel/signals/etc. groups, I'd be more worried about Russian soldiers with smartphones.

Hell, the Ukrainians should be strategically placing stockpiles of smartphones for Russians to find and use.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

And that's why planes in the states were not allowed to go supersonic. Fun stuff like that in the 70's, ruined all the fun in the 80's and after 

https://www.stripes.com/news/b-1-bomber-s-sonic-boom-rattles-residents-on-saipan-tinian-1.2754

^^the guilty party for this event lived across the street from us. Evidently he got in some deep shit for it lol
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

One of my daughter's roommate is Russian. She has family in Moscow and in Ukraine. Friends and family protesting in Moscow were taken by the police two days ago. No one has heard from them. Needless to say, she's in a bit of emotional mess right now.

So she could probably use some comforting? Pics?

8 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

The reports of Russian troops not know who were fighting completely baffles me.  They have been on the border of Ukraine for months.  Who did they think they were fighting?  NAZIS?  

As indicated above, yeah, pretty much.  I think they were told they'd be welcomed with open arms for peacekeeping with a little resistance here and there from Nazis and other undesirables.  And their recent enemies have been Georgians, Chechens and Syrians, so they probably had this mythology built up about strange people and languages.

I think they're flabbergasted to find people that are ethnically similar and speak Russian.  And are 100% opposed.

Edited by TwiceHorn

9 minutes ago, troph said:

if you need any more proof of the OU Russia alliance look at this guy's bio...

this is like when they say, yeah well wait til the second half, Tulsa hasn't seen shit yet.

(I'm kidding, this Blake guy isn't pro russian)

What Blake is ignoring is just how many actual infantry are in that 50%.

The actual percentage of available infantry is the most important number, and that's hard to guess, but it has got to be extremely high, given that they probably have less than 50,000 actual infantry (not basically infantry, actual infantry).

That's why they are bringing in Chechens and asking other countries for troops.  

I'd even guess that a lot of the infantry in Russia are conscripts, and they can't pull their more experienced/trained soldiers who are doing everything else.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

We are all watching Ukraine and have our images but this is Kyiv to me. It is beautiful. My last trip, January 2020. May God protect this land, its authorities and armed forces. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7e8dc50bb1b2ca3232adb2ad051c3c10.jpeg

a "protector of Christianity" ... my heart breaks.

NOW they’re trying to pummel them with massive ALCMs all over the country?  You’d think they’d have done some of that at the start to destroy birds lined up on aprons at airfields, fuel depots, armories, etc.  This isn’t ‘shock and awe’, it’s been ‘whatevs and meh.’

Long time ago read my Dad’s copy of The Generals War about Gulf 1, and goes into detail on how they took Col Wardens initial surgical air strike approach and greatly expanded it into a punishing pan-Iraq plan.  Was a fascinating read.  Everything was coordinated down to the minute with extensive planning and methodical rolling back of defenses using the best asset for the mission.  

Russia has been acting like they expected Crimea 2: Open Arms Boogaloo and are throwing shit at the wall piecemeal. 

Isn't that aviation equipment the Navy uses to "hear" sonobuoys to make sure that there's been no mines submerged in an area to make way for ships?  Makes little sense that they'd be searching such a confined area but maybe satellite picked up Russian vessels in that area for a prolonged period of time?  

Either way, doesn't the Poseidon usually fly like that before combat ships start making their way through a particular sea route?  Not ours, but our allies?  

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

What Blake is ignoring is just how many actual infantry are in that 50%.

The actual percentage of available infantry is the most important number, and that's hard to guess, but it has got to be extremely high, given that they probably have less than 50,000 actual infantry (not basically infantry, actual infantry).

That's why they are bringing in Chechens and asking other countries for troops.  

I'd even guess that a lot of the infantry in Russia are conscripts, and they can't pull their more experienced/trained soldiers who are doing everything else.

yeah I thought about our prior convos on that when he said 50%, I wasn't going to post his comment because of that, I clicked on his bio saw OU and thought I could be quippy.

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I noticed a couple of those among our aircraft over there.  Although that's pretty far out of theater.

We know when Vlad's boys fart or pick their nose.  On land, at sea, and under it.

makes me wonder if Putin has moved to show threats to NATO with subs while he blitzs the Ukrainians with air raids/bombs/missiles in a few minutes.

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Isn't that aviation equipment the Navy uses to "hear" sonobuoys to make sure that there's been no mines submerged in an area to make way for ships?  Makes little sense that they'd be searching such a confined area but maybe satellite picked up Russian vessels in that area for a prolonged period of time?  

Either way, doesn't the Poseidon usually fly like that before combat ships start making their way through a particular sea route?  Not ours, but our allies?  

It's an anti-submarine aircraft primarily, yes.  And maritime reconnaissance.

I'm going to guess it found a sub there and kept an eye on it for a hot minute.

I assume, given the potential for escalation, that we have redoubled our efforts to locate every Russian asset everywhere and are keeping close tabs on all of them.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй