Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

27 minutes ago, troph said:

smart people please explain: @FartingMonk @atomheartbevo @956 Worldwide

Rubber dog poop from Hong Kong.  The Ukranians are told to litter the streets with real and fake dog shit.  I don't care how much of a man you are.  No one likes having dog shit on their shoes.  

Nah but I think it's a supply drop of some sort.  And if the airports are still intact in interior Ukraine it would be a ballsy ass move but they are probably landing there and unloading but not likely the scenario.  

Javelins are nice and international support is nice and pictures of convoys are nice but if you are encircled how are the weapons going to get to you.  The Russians aren't going to allow a ground convoy to roll into Kiev and drop off weapons.  They don't have to shoot.  They can just blockade the road.  I think thats where they are at right now.  It's like having bottled water in a warehouse 50 miles outside a city and people showing how great it is but the people who need it are 50 miles away

Just now, MillerEP said:

They didn't veto, they abstained. They probably would veto this move though over fear they'll be next.

Right. That was my point. They and Russia probably have a gentlemen's agreement to be the veto for the other since they're two aggressive shitbags who know the world would be against them in a heartbeat if they invade their neighbors. 

4 minutes ago, troph said:

anyone fighting off 1980's thermonuclear war nightmares?  one of my reoccurring nightmares as a kid of the 80's was nuclear war and right as the missiles were to hit I'd wake up in a sweat.

I used to lie in bed thinking about a flash and then being eviscerated. That it could happen just like that. I'm having some of the same thoughts today. It's unlikely and the fear irrational, but it's more likely and more rational today than a week ago. Made sure to hug my kids.

Edited by horncyclist
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Rubber dog poop from Hong Kong.  The Ukranians are told to litter the streets with real and fake dog shit.  I don't care how much of a man you are.  No one likes having dog shit on their shoes.  

Nah but I think it's a supply drop of some sort.  And if the airports are still intact in interior Ukraine it would be a ballsy ass move but they are probably landing there and unloading but not likely the scenario.  

Javelins are nice and international support is nice and pictures of convoys are nice but if you are encircled how are the weapons going to get to you.  The Russians aren't going to allow a ground convoy to roll into Kiev and drop off weapons.  They don't have to shoot.  They can just blockade the road.  I think thats where they are at right now.  It's like having bottled water in a warehouse 50 miles outside a city and people showing how great it is but the people who need it are 50 miles away

well then that supports the idea that we might be considering an escalation at least initially a covert one.  break the encircling open to allow for supply convoys?  no doubt special forces could do that - get in, get out.  the night time is our time, Russians don't have the capabilities, seems like it could be plausible.  I mean I'm just shooting out ideas wtf do I know besides jack shit?

Edited by troph

9 minutes ago, troph said:

that's what I was wondering.  baby steps. inching closer to joining the fight? we have a long history of special forces not really counting in the promise of "no troops on the ground".

I know we want a Seal team to airdrop in and save Kyiv but that’s not gonna happen. The Polish SF fly UH-60s and are no doubt patrolling the border non stop, this aircraft can refuel them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, horncyclist said:

I used to lie in bed thinking about a flash and then being eviscerated. That it could happen just like that. I'm having some of the same thoughts. It's unlikely and the fear irrational but it's more likely and more rational today than q week ago. Made sure to hug my kids.

yeah I just had that shortness of breath and thought shit I need to keep them close for a few days.

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

I know we want a Seal team to airdrop in and save Kyiv but that’s not gonna happen. The Polish SF fly UH-60s and are no doubt patrolling the border non stop, this aircraft can refuel them. 

I hear you, will drop it. 

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I wonder how many they actually have, given that they are apparently deficient in the short/medium ranges.

And if they are going through the trouble of getting bombers airborne to launch long range cruise missiles, it tells you that A) Russia knows they don't have air superiority (otherwise SU-25s SU-35s etc. would be working the place over) and B) They are out of the cheaper short/medium range missiles.

I think the question is why do you need to launch cruise missiles from the sky.  That is an awfully expensive undertaking.  It only tells me one thing.  He has spent all his land based cruised missiles and naval bases cruise missiles.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

“Russia's space chief responds to new sanctions by suggesting that the ISS would no longer be prevented from crashing into the US or Europe”

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-international-space-station-crash-us-europe-sanctions-2022-2

What a bizarre counter. I can imagine the space chief talking like Drago. "If it falls, it falls."

1 minute ago, FartingMonk said:

I think the question is why do you need to launch cruise missiles from the sky.  That is an awfully expensive undertaking.  It only tells me one thing.  He has spent all his land based cruised missiles and naval bases cruise missiles.  

that's just wow.  who goes to war and runs out of land based cruise missiles in 3 days. wow. holy fucking wow.

2 minutes ago, troph said:

well then that supports the idea that we might be considering an escalation at least initially a covert one.  break the encircling open to allow for supply convoys?  no doubt special forces could do that - get in, get out.  the night time is our time, Russians don't have the capabilities, seems like it could be plausible.  I mean I'm just shooting out ideas wtf do I know besides jack shit?

Haha.  Fuck no.  That means we have entered the fight.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

raises hand.

Yep graduated hs in 1984.  "The Day After" really fucked w/ me.

I'm fast getting comfortable with NATO stopping this shit cold before cities are flattened, then I think holy shit if Putin is dying he might hit the button.  the real red button. gasp. then back to twitter.  cycling through that panic swing. need to go to the movies or something later today.

7 minutes ago, troph said:

don't misgender me you asshole.  lol ;)

seriously though, I don't think we are there yet.   might be there in a few days but not yet. 

For decades, and different conflicts, we've had troops where they are not "officially" there.

And while a Talon can be used as a FARP, it's unlikely that one was used to just bring in supplies or weapons. Regular Herc or C17 could accomplish that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

raises hand.

Yep graduated hs in 1984.  "The Day After" really fucked w/ me.

I figured if I was in DFW I would get vaporized with Carswell. If I just so happened to be in Abilene at my grandma's,  Dyess would be the target. My lifespan after impact would have been been portions of a second.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BillyGoatHill said:

For decades, and different conflicts, we've had troops where they are not "officially" there.

And while a Talon can be used as a FARP, it's unlikely that one was used to just bring in supplies or weapons. Regular Herc or C17 could accomplish that. 

we've already discussed advisors - side by side on the battlefield with the Ukrainians helping with strategy, moment by moment decisions, though they are probably now identified as Ukrainian nationals not Americans.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

I'm fast getting comfortable with NATO stopping this shit cold before cities are flattened, then I think holy shit if Putin is dying he might hit the button.  the real red button. gasp. then back to twitter.  cycling through that panic swing. need to go to the movies or something later today.

Your story on earth ends in death any way you look at it. If you want to worry about that happening in an implausible but possible way a car wreck is way more likely. 

• Hook 'Em 3

This invasion has really messed with my mental health. It’s a symbol of evil over good, and highlights all of the inaction and indifference by evil around the world, like with China and India.

I find myself rooting for Ukraine for the betterment of the world, not just for Ukraine. And of course optimistic Surly always makes it seem like Ukraine has a chance. But I learned from many threads, especially the Urban Meyer thread, that Surly is often over optimistic. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

I don't think Russia can be removed from the permanent council, but if there is a way to cripple Russia in the UN, China would probably be all for it.

Ukraine ambassador raised the issue that maybe Russia can not be recognized as the successor to the USSR security council seat, and hence stripped of the veto. Unlike with China taking over the Taiwan seat in the 70s there was no vote, merely a memo from UN lawyers.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй