Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Belarus enters the chat and it starts to look a little more like a potential for another world war

Belarus has been all-in on this from the get go, with troops and all.
But there’s an opportunity here: citizens of Belarus who rose up against your tyrant POS leader a while back….his forces are busy elsewhere. Now is a prime time for a massive civilian uprising and coup. Just sayin’….in chaos is opportunity.

19 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This invasion has really messed with my mental health. It’s a symbol of evil over good, and highlights all of the inaction and indifference by evil around the world, like with China and India.

I find myself rooting for Ukraine for the betterment of the world, not just for Ukraine. And of course optimistic Surly always makes it seem like Ukraine has a chance. But I learned from many threads, especially the Urban Meyer thread, that Surly is often over optimistic. 

How bout you start helping the Ukraine and go get yourself a McRib. 

What matters in this life is what we do, not say

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

One of the main core responsibilities of the Special Forces is training people to operate and fight for themselves.  This includes weapons,communication, tactical, and logistics training for resistance forces.  My guess is that they are going to stand up a training center for Ukrainian resistance fighters in Poland.

While you're correct about SF and their capabilities, We've have been doing that with the Ukrainians for years IN the Ukraine. That plane was not flown into Poland to set up a training center.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Why does every picture/video of abandoned Russian vehicles look like they’ve been lived in by homeless people for the past year?

For armor that’s pretty normal. Scientists could probably find new life forms from a tank that’s been buttoned up for a couple of weeks. 

31 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

I think the question is why do you need to launch cruise missiles from the sky.  That is an awfully expensive undertaking.  It only tells me one thing.  He has spent all his land based cruised missiles and naval bases cruise missiles.  

Yeah, it’s clear he did not envision using strategic air assets for this job. You fly Backfires to attack aircraft carriers.  This is a sign that things are going how they want but it is unfortunately not the sign of moderated war aims. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

While you're correct about SF and their capabilities, We've have been doing that with the Ukrainians for years IN the Ukraine. That plane was not flown into Poland to set up a training center.

Almost anything you see manned and flying in Eastern Europe near the border is there to support Allies and bolster deterrence.  That’s where your mind should go first. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is an accurate translation but there is a lot of manipulated audio floating around. This sounds like something we’d want to be true but isn’t. Would wait to verify something like this, entirely out of character for Kadyrov. 

The guy can’t have any love for Putin though right? Maybe he smells blood. Might be a perfect time for Chechnya to assert its independence 

8 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I remember seeing B-1s doing practice runs in the hills south on 277. Big, silent gray birds.

I remember playing football against Lake Worth when they scrambled the B-52 wing at Carswell and went right over the field. Those fuckers were NOT silent. We could run a play then the ref stopped the clock to wait for a gap between planes to run the next.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Sawbonz said:

The guy can’t have any love for Putin though right? Maybe he smells blood. Might be a perfect time for Chechnya to assert its independence 

He’d be in a shit place without Putin, it’s a case of two horses betting on each other, but Putin is still the bigger stallion and his krysha. All said and done he is so linked to Putin, who many Chechens hate, that he’d have to do a real soft shoe to try and pull that “just biding my time” stunt. More likely he’s ride or die. 

17 minutes ago, ruitxn said:

Ukrainians are showing what it means to stand together and fight for real truth and freedom and not a bunch of lies and internet warriors.  I don’t know if that could happen in America today. Too divided it seems.
Real patriots fight when the odds of winning is minuscule

I think it would if and when we were ever cornered enough to need to do so. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RPM said:

I remember playing football against Lake Worth when they scrambled the wing and went right over the field. Those fuckers were NOT silent. We could run a play then the ref stopped the clock to wait for a gap between planes to run the next.

Yep. B1s are not silent. B2s are. 

Nothing as loud as a Buff or an F4 though....definitely hearing loss around those two.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Almost anything you see manned and flying in Eastern Europe near the border is there to support Allies and bolster deterrence.  That’s where your mind should go first. 

Yeah.  If there are any SF there.  They were there when we withdrew.  We are not going to be inserting them now.

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

I remember playing football against Lake Worth when they scrambled the wing and went right over the field. Those fuckers were NOT silent. We could run a play then the ref stopped the clock to wait for a gap between planes to run the next.

One of my first weekends in FW in 1991, I was lying on my couch on a fall afternoon at Stonegate Villas (ex Cullen Davis estate) with my balcony door open when a flight of BUFFs took off.  I grew up within a few miles of Love Field, and even 737s can be pretty loud with the thrust reversers deployed and throttles firewalled.  Not like that, though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

He’d be in a shit place without Putin, it’s a case of two horses betting on each other, but Putin is still the bigger stallion and his krysha. All said and done he is so linked to Putin, who many Chechens hate, that he’d have to do a real soft shoe to try and pull that “just biding my time” stunt. More likely he’s ride or die. 

For some reason I thought he was one of the main separatists back during the late 90’s early 00’s. 

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Likely carrying a MH-60 Blackhawk from 160th SOAR.  That's Air Seal/Delta.

I like your thought process but only one Blackhawk for the 160th and insert?  Nah, not enough capacity for #s of personnel if they were to be doing an op. Gonna have at least another plus backups for QRF.

Yep. The losses are going to be real, horrific, and catastrophic.
Ukraine’s chances are based on “there’s more of us than there are of them,” having a lot greater motivation, and having individual- fired weapons that can take out vehicles. Just brutal attrition. The Russians can capture territory, but they can’t rest and think they’re gonna hold it.

Cities will be lost. Ukraine will eventually run out of armored vehicles. But if they have javelins, rifles, Molotovs, and a will to fight….they can’t actually lose.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

This is a bit outside the confines of this thread, so I apologize in advance, but I wonder if this invasion of Ukraine will do for members of the far right in the US and other countries and their faux worship of Putin as the emblem of their beliefs, the same kinds of things tanks rolling through Hungary and Czechoslovakia in the 50s and 60s did to the far left in the US and other countries that saw the USSR as their hero. 

Of course we're seeing an outpouring of support, just as there were always parts of the public in the US who felt like the USSR were the good guys. But they became more isolated and fringe-y rather than becoming more popular as the USSR committed atrocities.

We'll never be 100% on this as a country, and I don't actually want us to be. 100% support requires a level of suppression that I'm not going to advocate. But I would like for people in this country who feel some kind of sympathetic connection to Putin to feel like they're disconnected from the mainstream in the same way the communists in the US felt in the 50s and 60s. 

Anyway, this tweet from Liz Cheney, who in very specific ways is my Republican hero, just tweeted this out a couple of hours ago:

There’s a thread where you can talk about this. Not this one. 

Just now, BillyGoatHill said:

Yep. B1s are not silent. B2s are. 

Nothing as loud as a Buff or an F4 though....definitely hearing loss around those two.

my mom was in Okinawa in the 70s and saw an SR-71 accelerate overhead after refueling at low altitude. She had no idea what it was since it was still classified but she remembers seeing this black shape come over the horizon silently, then it shot over head and then the sound hit and caused her to cover her right ears and pushed her into a crouching ball. It evidently even broke windows in the neighborhood. 

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

The UN needs to be dismantled or dramatically changed to just an org that deals with food, clothing, shelter, health. Reduce the money and streamline the process to get stuff to the people who need it.  and it needs to be based in Nebraska or Iowa, that way you know people actually want to help vs. hang out in NYC and spend money.

A different org needs to be created for actual geopolitical discussions and China can prove to everyone else if they can be allowed to be a part of it.

The UN is meant to be a geopolitical discussion forum for the world, promote peace, human rights, etc., the UN serves its purpose and plenty of people were saying what you are saying after our actions in 2002-2003 in regard to Iraq.

It's not a NATO-like alliance and was never intended to be.  Don't confuse the two.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй