Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

For some reason I thought he was one of the main separatists back during the late 90’s early 00’s. 

He was. He and his daddy switched sides during the Second Chechen war. That’s not great street cred for the Chechens who might look to get feisty at home. 

I could be wrong. No one has been 100 percent right. Just flagging that there is a lot of stuff floating around and that this one would shock a lot of people who follow this stuff closely. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

I like your thought process but only one Blackhawk for the 160th and insert?  Nah, not enough capacity for #s of personnel if they were to be doing an op. Gonna have at least another plus backups for QRF.

Well, I wasn't guessing just one.  But killing two birds with one stone:  a CnC aircraft and an assault bird.  Probably other 60s en route on other aircraft.

three days ago, but don't recall this being discussed.  poland and lithuania supporting Ukraine membership to the EU. gotta believe if they make it out of this alive they will get NATO and EU membership stat.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/poland-lithuania-say-ukraine-deserves-eu-candidate-status-due-current-security-2022-02-23/

To the human side— the Polish interior minister says they’ve received 100k refugees. Easily tens of thousands in Hungary, Slovakia, Romania, Moldova not counting the reverse flow to Russia from Donbas (that exists). 

This is a massive refugee crisis unfolding like we associate with the Middle East. Hopefully they’ll return to a free Ukraine. 

4 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

my mom was in Okinawa in the 70s and saw an SR-71 accelerate overhead after refueling at low altitude. She had no idea what it was since it was still classified but she remembers seeing this black shape come over the horizon silently, then it shot over head and then the sound hit and caused her to cover her right ears and pushed her into a crouching ball. It evidently even broke windows in the neighborhood

And that's why planes in the states were not allowed to go supersonic. Fun stuff like that in the 70's, ruined all the fun in the 80's and after 😛

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RPM said:

I remember playing football against Lake Worth when they scrambled the B-52 wing at Carswell and went right over the field. Those fuckers were NOT silent. We could run a play then the ref stopped the clock to wait for a gap between planes to run the next.

Was a crew chief on B52s at Barksdale in the 90s. Agreed, not silent at all 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Yep. B1s are not silent. B2s are. 

Nothing as loud as a Buff or an F4 though....definitely hearing loss around those two.

This was a slow roll over the hills with the wings spread as wide as they went. This wasn't a takeoff. Coasting as quietly as they could. Right over the house.

As you all know by now, I do not know shit about shit.

But it strikes me as I learn stuff from the knowledgeable posters who do, that this - and the German Stinger support - is huge!

If it is true that Vlad does not have enough troops to occupy all of Ukraine, then Russia will be facing the loss of aircraft in future actions for a long ass time - even if the capital falls. And without air superiority, their armor will continue to get fucked up by insanely motivated Ukrainian fighters who have a shit ton of tank and support killing rockets.

If Putin can’t win quickly using air superiority and his attack copters and jets to neutralize Ukraine’s armor (here I’m thinking about images of the ‘Highway of Death’ and Kuwait after we owned the skies) then Ukraine has a puncher’s chance of hanging on and bleeding the Bear until the Oligarchs and Russian people shut it down or remove Putin.

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

He was. He and his daddy switched sides during the Second Chechen war. That’s not great street cred for the Chechens who might look to get feisty at home. 

I could be wrong. No one has been 100 percent right. Just flagging that there is a lot of stuff floating around and that this one would shock a lot of people who follow this stuff closely. 

Yeah that would be tough to backtrack from. Biting the bear in the ass when he’s turned towards Ukraine could regain a lot of good will among his countrymen

Imagine if Chechnya and Georgia picked now to act up 

9 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Yep. B1s are not silent. B2s are. 

Nothing as loud as a Buff or an F4 though....definitely hearing loss around those two.

Heard a U2 taking off in Korea.  That’s an insanely loud aircraft.  B1s do touch and goes at Hood on occasion. It’ll knock paintings off the wall. 

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Reminds me of the line in "Good Morning Vietnam"...

"We're having a hard time identifying the enemy.  So we've taken to asking people, 'are you the enemy?'...and if they say 'yes', then we shoot them."  

I really do wonder how much behind-the-scenes intel and technology we are supplying to Ukraine.  And how much intel and technology is being offered to Russia by other elements of our government/military.

Just now, cactusflinthead said:

This was a slow roll over the hills with the wings spread as wide as they went. This wasn't a takeoff. Coasting as quietly as they could. Right over the house.

I used to deliver to the commissary at Dyess in the early 90's. You'd see those big birds just floating full wing out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

And that's why planes in the states were not allowed to go supersonic. Fun stuff like that in the 70's, ruined all the fun in the 80's and after 😛

Funny enough when my mom was in High School in Indianapolis one of the first super sonic jets cracked a boom over them and it blew out all the windows.

There’s an old movie with Tom Hanks “Splash” where his mermaid girlfriend called out some high pitch shit and everything in an electronics store explodes. That’s what she would always say it was like.

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

They eventually became a good aircraft and platform. Dyess was the first base to have them in the 80s. I was there when they first came in and became very aquainted with the  term "hangar queen". Maintenance guys hated them.

• Hook 'Em 1

To the human side— the Polish interior minister says they’ve received 100k refugees. Easily tens of thousands in Hungary, Slovakia, Romania, Moldova not counting the reverse flow to Russia from Donbas (that exists). 

This is a massive refugee crisis unfolding like we associate with the Middle East. Hopefully they’ll return to a free Ukraine. 

Yep. Was just messaging the boy that he may now even need to leave Berlin to help; the German government seems to be in rather rapid talks with Poland about helping to share the load of the massive influx of war refugees headed Poland’s way.
Putin is an evil fuck, and he needs to die. Today.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Yeah that would be tough to backtrack from. Biting the bear in the ass when he’s turned towards Ukraine could regain a lot of good will among his countrymen

Imagine if Chechnya and Georgia picked now to act up 

Well, he sent much of what we might call his palace guard to Ukraine so he might wanna slow that roll a bit.  He’d try it…but he’d wait till he knew what the final score was going to read. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Reminds me of the line in "Good Morning Vietnam"...

"We're having a hard time identifying the enemy.  So we've taken to asking people, 'are you the enemy?'...and if they say 'yes', then we shoot them."  

I really do wonder how much behind-the-scenes intel and technology we are supplying to Ukraine.  And how much intel and technology is being offered to Russia by other elements of our government/military.

dude, the guys here on this thread that would know have explained - we are all over this shit, the Ukranians not only have all the intel we have, we are actively serving as their intel arm and we have advisors with Ukranian identities embedded, and for the longest time I didn't know what an advisor would do on the ground but they receive the intel, advise on positions, help move and coordinate troop activity and even say when and what to shoot.  It's like we are helping direct the war but without troops.  we are heavily, heavily involved in the arms supply and in the intelligence (including decision making) for this war and it sounds like preparation has been ongoing for nearly a decade. no troops on the ground but imo this is very much a US proxy war for the benefit of the Ukranian people who want their freedom.  it's a worst fucking case for Russia.

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

I used to deliver to the commissary at Dyess in the early 90's. You'd see those big birds just floating full wing out. 

That was another issue on first arrival to Dyess. Aircrew WERE NOT allowed to sweep the wings due to them having issues with going back out and thus not being able to land (eventually fixed but glad I didn't have to fly on them).

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The UN is meant to be a geopolitical discussion forum for the world, promote peace, human rights, etc., the UN serves its purpose and plenty of people were saying what you are saying after our actions in 2002-2003 in regard to Iraq.

It's not a NATO-like alliance and was never intended to be.  Don't confuse the two.  

I know what it is meant to be and I'm not confusing the two.  the UN has obivous human right violators being the head of the human right commissions and it is completely corrupt.  its usefulness and organizational structure is archaic at this point and as usual with a bloated org its mission has been lost/corrupted.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, troph said:

seen several tweets about cell phone tracking. ugh.

i'm surprised the Russians didn't start tracking this sooner. maybe they have been the entire time and keeping quiet about it hoping to find Zelensky. but the cat is out of the bag now. i'm sure Zelensky and his team are offline.

this means that Russians have access to the national cell networks or took over network offices of the national cell networks. either way, they can start monitoring unencrytped calls and texts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

supposedly Macron was on the phone an hour with Lukashenko. he's about to find out.

How big of a deal is it to disconnect and reconnect?

Obviously it's way more than flipping a switch, but operationally how difficult is it to disconnect a country from the SWIFT system?

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй