Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Ukraine can hold on much longer than 2-3 days. Kyiv might not be able to, but if Ukrainians want to fight after Kyiv falls there will tons of land free of Russians to do that. The vast majority of Ukrainian land hasn't had a Russian soldier near it yet. 

Russians don’t even have the manpower to go street-to-street in Kyiv.  They will have to level Kyiv.  If SWIFT is still a thing for them, that will end it.  

Just now, crash_davis said:

I think much of the apprehension was everyone was expecting Ukraine to fall w/in 24 hours. Now that they may actually fucking win, the Putin may be exposed, that the entire fucking world in behind Ukraine, these assholes now think it's safe to back the underdog. Better late than never I guess.

Agreed; it’s a bit front-running and cowardly because you are only doing it now that it looks safer, but hey— better now than never. And Zelenskyy should get the lion share of credit and if he survives when this is all over he should address European leaders all at once in Geneva or Davos or wherever and drop his big balls on the podium and demand they all bow down and apologize as they hold their manhood cheap.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

Am I wrong to hope it’s a random horrific fate generator with an interface like FedEx tracking?

Igor Dumshinko

2/24 11:00am:  Captured near Kyiv

2/24 4:00pm:  Fingernails extracted.

2/25 1:00pm:  Fed to pigs, cocksucka!

2/25 1:18pm:  Deceased

2/26 9:00am: Spread as fertilizer over sunflower field.

If you would like to order sunflower seeds from this field to support Ukraine’s defense, click here.

from the many videos that i saw, it seems like many of the russian army thought it was a training exercise, that they didn't know that the fuck they were doing. war is fucked up but especially so if some asshole decides that you should invade another country and doesn't really tell you.

China in a surprising move yesterday voted to abstain.  China wants no part of this.  They are happy to be a spectator.  They are OU scouting the Aggy-Texas game

They've been in contact with Putin over the last 3 or 4 days and did an about face on their position. Very telling.

13 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

I mean, under our previous knowledge of Russian combat readiness, I 100% agree. But as each day of this invasion passes, I find myself seriously questioning our intelligence on Russian combat readiness. Starting to look like the Russian military could fuck up a 1 car funeral.

It makes me think of the pre-WW2 pageantry of Mussolini's 8 Million Bayonets, vs the Italian Army's actual performance in the attack. 

There is always unforeseen friction once things start up. I imagine there's more friction cropping up in Russian plans than most.

so these appear to be the World's options:

1. hope for and see Putin assassinated.

2. let the fighting go on and do nothing, expect cities leveled by indiscriminate bombing.

3. take the skies with NATO air support.

NONE of these seem like good options.  what else is truly out there, this is a serious question.

I guess there is a 4th option:

4. Ukraine objectively wins the war and stops the indiscriminate bombing and leveled cities.

I don't see how 4 is an option with out option 1 or 3 happening.

discuss.

Edited by troph

Yep.  Russia is going to bomb what it wants to bomb and there isn't shit Ukraine can do about it.

Correct. This has a big chance of getting horrifically ugly. Which is also how Russia can really lose this.

and if the world let's Russia flatten major cities in Ukraine then that blood IS on us.  That's my line as a infinitesimal fraction of a percent of public sentiment.  more than a few days of carpet bombing or indiscriminately sending cruise missiles into civilian areas in cities and I'm for stopping this shit cold with NATO intervention and decapitating the Russian government.

They will face global opposition, but they may also face….

That would be reason IMO for nato to establish a no fly zone

Indiscriminate attacks on European population centers may actually prompt that response. And it may not be just NATO. It may be a joint NATO EU action.

If the world survives this, “Volodymyr” is gonna skyrocket up the baby names chart.

Also the GOP is gonna recruit Carrot Top so they have their own comedian presidential candidate.

I mean….at this point….I’m listening.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

The UN needs to be dismantled or dramatically changed to just an org that deals with food, clothing, shelter, health. Reduce the money and streamline the process to get stuff to the people who need it.  and it needs to be based in Nebraska or Iowa, that way you know people actually want to help vs. hang out in NYC and spend money.

A different org needs to be created for actual geopolitical discussions and China can prove to everyone else if they can be allowed to be a part of it.

BBC obtained audio between the head of Chechnya and the Deputy Head of the Chechen National Guard that shows they knew of the planned Russian invasion of Ukraine in at least early Feb.

Other interesting details here: https://www.bbc.com/russian/features-60528746

Spoiler

"We will prepare dances in the area of Maidan or Khreshchatyk." What was reported to the person with the voice of Kadyrov on the eve of Russia's invasion of Ukraine

3 hours ago

Kadyrov

PHOTOGRAPHER,YELENA AFONINA/TASS

photo caption,

Head of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov and deputy head of the local National Guard Daniil Martynov

The BBC obtained voice messages exchanged on the eve of the Russian invasion of Ukraine by a man with the voice of the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, and a man with the voice of the deputy of the Chechen National Guard, Daniil Martynov. They discuss how the fighters will enter the buildings in Ukraine and what was the reaction of the commanders when they learned the real purpose of the operation.

On Friday, February 25, on the Instagram account where the head of Chechnya Ramzan Kadyrov most often broadcasts live, a video was published with tens of thousands of security forces in the center of Grozny. On it, employees of the security forces of Chechnya stand on the territory of Kadyrov's residence and listen to the speech of the head of the republic.

"Taking this opportunity, I want to give advice to the current president Zelensky. Until he becomes the ex-president of Ukraine, so that he quickly calls our president, Supreme Commander Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, and asks for an apology," says Kadyrov.

The official purpose of the event is to show that security forces from Chechnya are ready to take part in the hostilities in Ukraine. However, in fact, part of the units has long been deployed closer to Ukraine, and there is also evidence that Chechen fighters are already participating in hostilities.

The fact that the Chechen security forces have been close to the border with Ukraine since at least mid-February was previously told by four sources, including those close to local law enforcement agencies.

The transfer of equipment of the Chechen National Guard, as well as units from other regions, was previously recorded in the Conflict Intelligence Team.

This can also be evidenced by voice messages provided by the BBC source. He, in turn, received them from a man who introduced himself as a former employee of the Russian law enforcement agencies who opposes the war.

Kadyrov

PHOTOGRAPHER,YELENA AFONINA/TASS

photo caption,

Review of security officials in Grozny on February 25

What was it?

What was it?

We quickly, simply and clearly explain what happened, why it is important and what will happen next.

episodes

End of Story Podcast

Some messages were sent by a man named "Martynov", as the name of the file implies. His interlocutor, also judging by the name, allegedly was a man named "Kadyrov".

Here is an example of their dialogue. "Martynov" reports.

“Chief, I want to apologize right away, we didn’t have any communication at all, chief, we were constantly in the area from which we will leave with our units across the border [...].

We have fully worked out all the issues, entered into interaction with all special units [...]. We studied the routes to be crossed, the route of movement on the other side and directly on work in the city [...] We bring with us detailed maps, diagrams, the guys studied everything."

"Praise be to Allah that everything is fine with you," Kadyrov replied to the message with a yawn. "We are praying for you, good luck, everything will be fine."

The voice of "Kadyrov" is similar to the voice of the head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov. "Martynov", whom the interlocutor sometimes refers to as "Daniil Vasilievich", speaks in the voice of Colonel Daniil Martynov, deputy head of the Russian Guard for Chechnya: in 2020, he fell under US sanctions along with the head of Chechnya and commented on this decision to the state television channel Grozny, stating that prides itself on being sanctioned.

The BBC has asked a British audio expert to analyze the recordings. He asked not to be identified for security reasons. The expert is a member of the International Association of Forensic Phonetics and Acoustics (IAFPA).

"A detailed study of the recordings revealed close and distinct correspondences in terms of segmental phonetic detail, voice pitch, quality of the guttural and epiglottal voices to the reference sample of Daniil Martynov's voice. A detailed study of the recordings revealed close and distinct correspondences in terms of the same parameters to the reference sample of Ramzan Kadyrov's voice," the statement reads. conclusion. All this indicates a "high degree of support for the hypothesis" that the messages were recorded by them, follows from the examination.

According to the classification adopted in Europe, with such a degree of correspondence of the analyzed voices, it is unlikely that any other speakers of the analyzed language have the observed combination of speech characteristics.

Chechen Press Minister Akhmed Dudayev did not answer calls from the BBC.

"We ourselves arranged which buildings to enter"

On these audio messages, "Kadyrov" and "Martynov" are discussing preparations for the invasion of the Chechen National Guard units into Ukraine.

The conversation between "Kadyrov" and "Martynov" - although they may have nothing to do with the head of Chechnya and the deputy of the local National Guard - confirms the version of American intelligence that the Russian security forces were preparing for the invasion of Ukraine much in advance.

This is not the first time that the voice messages of Chechen officials get into the public: this type of communication is popular in the republic, the recipient of the message forwards it to his friends, and as a result, they can even get into a chat with several users.

For example, at the beginning of the pandemic in 2020, a voice message from the then Deputy Minister of the Ministry of Internal Affairs to his relatives got into the public, in which he asked them to buy food for the future, taking into account the upcoming lockdown.

It's hard to tell exactly when the conversations are taking place, but there are dates in the file names. Once "Kadyrov" names the date of the conversation, and it coincides with the one indicated in the file name.

Presumably in early February, when the Russian authorities officially deny any preparations for war, "Martynov" calls "Ramzan Akhmatovich" and reports that the preparatory work in Belarus has been completed and he is returning to Moscow, from where he flies to Smolensk, where he is " the main grouping of the Russian Guard is precisely on this task."

At the beginning of February, the National Guard really officially announced that divisions of the department were transferred to the western regions of Russia - but to participate in the Zaslon-2022 exercises.

Учения

PHOTOGRAPHER,PETER KOVALEV/TASS

photo caption,

In mid-February, Russia and Belarus held joint exercises, but American intelligence claimed that this was preparation for the invasion of Ukraine.

A few days later, "Martynov" says that he had just "completed work in Smolensk", where he reported on all the "moments" that await his unit when it crosses the border.

"One hundred percent of all the actions that we will do there, they are approved and supported by the leadership. Today I reported in detail how our units will act when repelling an attack if we fall into an ambush [...]. I reported on the work itself in a separate block in the city. We ourselves arranged where we would enter, which buildings, what to take under control. "

From Smolensk, "Martynov" said, he is heading to Bryansk, where "it is planned to hold an extended meeting with the commanders." Separately, he assured the "boss" that he did not tell anyone anything, and the official version, which he voiced to his subordinates, was that "Russian-Belarusian exercises have begun, by order of the chief we are participating in these exercises."

And when there are only a day left until the moment when they "enter", "Martynov" will bring all the information. Prior to that, he planned to "move to Moscow" to take "clean Ukrainian SIM cards" and "special satellite modems."

By "we" he means "subdivisions of the Chechen Republic".

Video caption,

About 10 thousand employees of the Russian Guard in Chechnya may be going to leave for Ukraine.

"It's good that everything is fine with you," "Kadyrov" praises him, adding "don" to some of the words. This is a characteristic feature of the Russian speech of the head of Chechnya.

"Many commanders are worried that they will have refuseniks"

Presumably a week before the Russian invasion, "Martynov" says that the purpose of the operation was finally conveyed to a wide range of commanders.

Many were struck by it, he admits.

"Today [in Smolensk] all groups have gathered, the commanders of all SOBR, OMON, military detachments of special units have gathered. Most of the commanders today heard for the first time all the tasks and goals that we face. Chief, to be honest, many commanders listened to this with bulging eyes ", barely restrained their emotions. There was a lot of talk: many commanders are worried that they will have "refuseniks" who will refuse to write a report," he said with excitement.

“Naturally, this does not concern us, we have been repeatedly set as an example today,” Martynov immediately reports.

Военнослужащие Национальной гвардии Украины

PHOTOGRAPHER,REUTERS

photo caption,

Heavy equipment of the Ukrainian army in Kyiv

A few days later he reports.

"Tonight, the first group, plus our advanced group, is advancing to point B, in Belarus. And we are advancing with all our staff tomorrow night."

"Kadyrov" is driving in a car, Caucasian music is playing in the background, a certain "Adam" is sitting next to him. "Adam and I are preparing, there is help," he jokes.

The laughter of Kadyrov's companion is not heard. It is known that State Duma deputy Adam Delimkhanov is close to Kadyrov.

“Ramzan Akhmatovich, elder brother, thanks for the help! But we hope that we will invite you when we have already set up the music, our correct one, and we will prepare dances in the Maidan or Khreshchatyk area,” “Martynov” happily picks up.

"Saws and nails were taken"

Presumably February 23 "Martynov" excitedly reports.

"Ramzan Akhmatovich, everything is in perfect order with us, all our construction teams are fully trained, hammers are ready, saws are ready, they took nails with them, they are fully loaded. And they are ready to perform any task in seven hours."

Under construction work and hammers with saws, perhaps, the upcoming operation and weapons are meant.

"May Allah grant that construction and construction end successfully, that they lay a solid foundation so that you can complete the construction," Kadyrov rejoices.

On the morning of February 24, Russia launched a military operation in Ukraine.

"Ready to fulfill any of your assigned tasks, any of your orders," - this is how "Martynov" ends each of his voice messages.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

I think that's why so many people are confused about this.  I honestly believe he has some sort of terminal cancer.  But this is not Vlad who is cold and calculated.  

The Russian military force that we thought was so mighty was and is part of our conditioning growing up.  But we really have not seen his whole army actually fight a good war.  His wins are by his top tier units who are scary good.  So I would say his 1 percent is fucking terrifying.  The other 99 are scrubs

Thats the problem with an autocrat surrounding themselves with “yes men”.

Can we overthrow the Ukraine?  YES!!

Can we do it in two days?  YES!!

Can we make NATO and the rest of the world cower in fear, afraid to intervene in any way? YES!!

Isn’t my clothing fine?  YES!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hornbri said:

I think 4 can be a option. If they can bog this down and just hold on Putin’s support is going to disappear quickly. As his army loses motivation they could be driven back to Russia. 

Except the flame throwing bombs and the indiscriminate bombing is coming now. 

1 minute ago, TurkeyChew said:

This more than anything would prompt Mad Vlad to use nukes. Messing with a man’s money is like messing with his emotions, as Big Worm once said.

What good is money when your entire civilization is too radiated to use it?

Edited by mdmost

1 minute ago, StruggleBus said:

This is feeling more and more like something that could spiral into a east vs west global war. Really hope that’s not the case. Fuck Russia. 

well if Russia is the East, then it will be a short war until Russia lets nukes fly. if that happens, the world will forever treat Russia as a fucking pariah. 

i think Chinese leadership are not getting the reaction they'd hoped for. the world is firmly against invading your neighbor. China knows they will get the same and prob worst reaction from the World with respect to Taiwan.

really need for Ukraine to win to send a firm message to assholes around the world.

2 minutes ago, troph said:

2. let the fighting go on and do nothing, expect cities leveled by indiscriminate bombing.

NONE of these seem like good options.  what else is truly out there, this is a serious question.

4. Ukraine objectively wins the war and stops the indiscriminate bombing and leveled cities.

discuss.

I'm extremely hungover so noise hurts my head right now so I haven't been on the phone with anybody or watched any TV but I think at some point there is a line that gets crossed where we get drawn in or Putin dies.  It doesn't last another week without serious escalation.  Everything that we know in our lifetime that we say can't happen is about to happen.  A new world order is about to happen.

6 minutes ago, troph said:

discuss.

Let's talk about Putin's options, as it is becoming increasingly clear he has badly miscalculated:

1) Withdraw --> Epic humiliation

2) Escalate the aggression -> More isolation from the world; we already have the Baltic States and Hungary publicly supporting Ukraine

3) Stay the course -> Russia bleeds out slowly and Putin's enemies come out of the woodwork and want a piece of him

Actions have consequences.

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Message Board User said:

Let's talk about Putin's options, as it is becoming increasingly clear he has badly miscalculated:

1) Withdraw --> Epic humiliation

2) Escalate the aggression -> More isolation from the world; we already have the Baltic States and Hungary publicly supporting Ukraine

3) Stay the course -> Russia bleeds out slowly and Putin's enemies come out of the woodwork and want a piece of him

Actions have consequences.

1 won’t happen, though a 5% chance we give him a face saving option.  2 and 3 drive back to my options none are good but one must be made.

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

Something I’ve wondered is…where is the slat armor for the Russian tanks and BMPs?  I thought that was reasonably common way to attempt to breakup the warhead itself  or scatter the liquid jet before it could fully impact the armor?  Seems we used them a lot later in the WOT to protect crucial parts of our heavy equipment.  

May have already been answered, but I think the "slat armor" and "schurzen" and so forth was highly effective against primitive shaped-charge weapons like panzerfaust and bazooka, all the way up to RPG-7, but loses its effectiveness against more modern ones.

Javelins and their predecessors and I assume NLAWs etc. have double charges, a first to defeat any spaced or reactive armor, and a second actual warhead.

It appears that most of the Russian tanks have reactive armor, or remnants of it (the explosive blocks hanging off them).

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

I'm extremely hungover so noise hurts my head right now so I haven't been on the phone with anybody or watched any TV but I think at some point there is a line that gets crossed where we get drawn in or Putin dies.  It doesn't last another week without serious escalation.  Everything that we know in our lifetime that we say can't happen is about to happen.  A new world order is about to happen.

Agreed. Sorry about the hangover. I was trying to say yesterday it was coming the shifts were starting. When the worldwide public starts protesting the world will escalate. I think the hope is sanctions and equipment will do it. I don’t think so. 

two days ago I was no way no how we get into it.

Yesterday I was saying there is a line that could be crossed requiring we intervene. 

today I’m saying it looks nearly inevitable absent assassination. 

Did I just see a sitting member of Congress speak at a pro-Putin rally?  No CR......but sometimes, dipshits, stuff like this gets turned into propaganda by our enemies.  It's like........ya know.......a part of warfare.  Talk all you want about tanks.  The real war is being played out in the media.  But we can't talk about that here because it hurts feelings.  Fuck your feelings, people are dying.  In real life.  

2 minutes ago, troph said:

1 won’t happen, though a 5% chance we give him a face saving option.  2 and 3 drive back to my options none are good but one must be made.

I think there's an outside of chance of a Russian withdraw if Putin begins to sense that he is becoming more and more vulnerable, thus affecting his power and chances of staying in power.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I thought it being talked about and more are moving to vote on it but nothing's concrete yet. 

Still dithering, but it looks likely.  Sadly, it's the US holding it up.  Not cool.

President Joe Biden is seriously weighing whether to publicly support expelling Russia from SWIFT, the high-security network that connects thousands of financial institutions around the world, but has yet to make a final decision, multiple people familiar with his thinking say, as more European nations indicate support for such a move.

The decision to trigger the action has always been contingent on sign-off by the European Union, which had been split in a contentious debate for weeks over the action, ultimately choosing not to go forward this week.
But US officials and their EU counterparts have continued to weigh options, including removing individual banks and entities, instead of the entire Russian economy, from the network, officials say.

The move would be considered the nuclear option when it comes to responses to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Biden and his aides have highlighted how complicated blocking Russia from SWIFT -- or the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication -- would be, noting the US cannot move unilaterally. "That's not the position that the rest of Europe wishes to take," Biden told reporters Thursday.
But since Biden's press conference announcing new sanctions against Russia for its unprovoked attack, the administration appears to be moving closer to this position as other European allies have now given it their backing.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/26/politics/biden-ukraine-russia-swift/index.html

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй