Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

59 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Illustrates for the world just how capable our armed forces really are.  As I said.   We are entering into a new geopolitical world.   Defense budgets will soar.   But…the bear is back and we are also entering into a time of obvious global unrest.  

I also hope it ushers in a new mindset of independence and self reliance.   From technology to energy.  If both sides wanted to get behind something, a “nuclear new deal” would be transformative 

and lookin' good!

image.jpeg.1328ce184c4276dae2eea0b451c458c5.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Depends upon how you define win.   Of Russia wanted to commit virtually all their forces to the battlefield, they’d eventually overwhelm the Ukes.   I don’t think they want that or can risk exposing one flank for another.   If the Ukes can delay and bleed them at every pass, this turns into Afghan2.0.

Russia has been hoarding currency.   Enough for maybe a year.  The longer this drags out, the worse it obviously is for them.  They will also inflict heavy casualties, so as I keep saying, the pain is in the occupation.   So it depends on which side had the highest pain tolerance.   Which is history shows us anything, it’s almost always on the side of the invades.   Not the invaders.  

Mentioned above I think they have $600bln that’s nothing. If my numbers are wrong there is still math here. They are cut the fuck off if Germany says no more. They might. $20bln a day was the number for war costs. 

we should stop looking at the front lines and look at the costs and logistics - russia doesn’t have it. There are reports they are out of cruise missiles - and months from a resupply IF they get raw materials they don’t have. 

I think this is where the war is won. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck. Just had a really hard conversation with the boy. Mom had to lay down the law, and forbid him from going to the Poland Ukraine border.

I followed with a text telling him I understand what he wants to do, but he needs to stay safe. His reply:

“I’m not playing solider, it’s not right to sit on my ass and live a fun cushy care free life in Berlin when there are people just like me a couple hundred miles away who need something to eat or a place to stay. I understand the worry but there are also moms in Ukraine who want their kids out of harms way. I won’t go near the border, but I’ve sent in an application to the Polish government. I added special instructions not to be near the border, but there are potatoes to be peeled, sacks to be unloaded from trucks, tents to be pitched and shit to be done in other places. If I need to go to Warsaw and plunge toilets in a refugee center, I will.”

I don’t know how to feel about this.

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You should feel proud that you raised a kid who has empathy and gives a damn about his fellow humans. 

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck. Just had a really hard conversation with the boy. Mom had to lay down the law, and forbid him from going to the Poland Ukraine border.

I followed with a text telling him I understand what he wants to do, but he needs to stay safe. His reply:

“I’m not playing solider, it’s not right to sit on my ass and live a fun cushy care free life in Berlin when there are people just like me a couple hundred miles away who need something to eat or a place to stay. I understand the worry but there are also moms in Ukraine who want their kids out of harms way. I won’t go near the border, but I’ve sent in an application to the Polish government. I added special instructions not to be near the border, but there are potatoes to be peeled, sacks to be unloaded from trucks, tents to be pitched and shit to be done in other places. If I need to go to Warsaw and plunge toilets in a refugee center, I will.”

Several of my daughters’ male friends including her BF are seriously talking about joining the military, 17-19 yrs. Pretty sure my daughter is in a fight w him about it right now, but she of course doesn’t want to discuss. I can imagine if they were a train ride from the action some of them would be volunteering. I’m sorry your boy is so far from you right now

Proud you did a good job. Horrified you did a good job. No good deed….
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, troph said:

Mentioned above I think they have $600bln that’s nothing. If my numbers are wrong there is still math here. They are cut the fuck off if Germany says no more. They might. $20bln a day was the number for war costs. 

we should stop looking at the front lines and look at the costs and logistics - russia doesn’t have it. There are reports they are out of cruise missiles - and months from a resupply IF they get raw materials they don’t have. 

Yep.  What’s the old saying:   Amateurs talk tactics.   Professionals talk logistics 

I maybe have missed it but I haven't seen anyone mention Oksana Markarova, the Ukrainian ambassador to the US.  On US MSM I've been watching press conferences and interviews with her, and I've been extremely impressed with her poise and demeanor. You know she has to be anguished and raging inside, but in her interactions with Americans she's remained calm, direct, respectful, gracious, and sincere. 

Oksana Markarova, Ambassador of Ukraine to the United States

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, troph said:

I also think the lack of funding and supply chain here is not being considered even more I don’t think Russian soldiers are going to commit those atrocities in the same way. They are already quitting, deserting etc. no food, no supplies, I don’t think russia will last more than a few weeks. I really don’t. $20bln a day with reserves of a six hundred billion and no supply chain now they are cut off from the world? Those reserves are gone in a month. 

It it were 20 billion a day I would agree with you but it's closer to 50-100 million a day.  That is a big difference.  The sunk costs in armor, equipment, and personnel are already spent.  So I think it is reasonable to say it is costing less than 1000 bucks per soldier per day.  Their cruise missile are not ours where they are on loan until it is used either (Lockheed Martin fully owns our cruise missiles until we shoot them)

3 minutes ago, troph said:

image.png.0b9274b4967c9328b2f05380367f5541.png

image.png.63300e43939610ac6fbfdd2594236c1e.png

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

these crazy motherfuckers are walking around like its a god damned video game.       I get that life is cheap there... but damn,  no attempt to even slightly take any sort of cover while carrying what is clearly a clear and present danger weapon to anyone in a fucking tank. 

Seemed like all the tanks were dead to me?

Thanks again for all the updates:

Ukraine Rocks!!! They have restored my faith in humanity.  Reminds me of the Texas I grew up in (perhaps sheltered and naive?). 

The pics of destroyed Russian vehicles reminds we of the crushed Iraqi columns in Desert storm. Mind boggling that this is Ukraine butt-fucking Russia.

Have there even been any tank v. tank engagements yet? Most of the pics are dead vehicles on paved roads. 

Russia: Lack of air superiority is ??? Exposing and losing heavy transports ..., WTF. Seems to be no command and control in place. Like the Generals said fuck it, we gave the orders Putin wanted, now its his show, fuck Putin.  Literally sacrificing the soldiers (mostly unwilling conscripts it seems).  Those young Russian boys seem to have no idea they were sent into a war. Sad for their famalies. 

Fighting in the city streets will end when every Russian is either dead or captured. 

Overt US leadership has been as expected (some good, some bad), but behind the scenes, looks like a lot of intel is helping Ukriane to know exactly what is coming and get ready for it. 

Scarry that if Putin isn't removed from the inside, this will get out of hand in a bad way.

So many Ukraine heroes. My heart is heavy with what they are going through.  

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

so 10 days. Can Ukraine hold out for 10 days...

Maybe 2-3? I don’t know. I don’t know how many are fighting. Like of the 3 million people how many  can fight? How many have access to weapons? I wouldn’t put money against m. The more they fight and the more Zelenskyy stands with and fights alongside his people the more the world wants Putin to crawl into a fucking bunker and kill himself. The world has turned against him that’s for certain. A huge battle in the coming hours where we all see Ukrainian resolve and will may be Putin’s undoing. Praying for a damn miracle! 

18 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

It it were 20 billion a day I would agree with you but it's closer to 50-100 million a day.  That is a big difference.  The sunk costs in armor, equipment, and personnel are already spent.  So I think it is reasonable to say it is costing less than 1000 bucks per soldier per day.  Their cruise missile are not ours where they are on loan until it is used either (Lockheed Martin fully owns our cruise missiles until we shoot them)

Ok so my math is wrong but still a factor, but the attrition of equipment, the lack of supply chain from the front lines to the sanctions that prevent trade, the Russian public protests, the worldwide spot light, this isn’t the Chechen war it’s not Georgia it’s not even crimea from a spotlight stand point.  Then you have internal disagreements, internal pressure and possibly even oligarch pressure coming. That’s still leaving out possible further intervention. The US is openly providing weaponry, that’s an escalation. Baby steps but I think the world won’t watch war crimes here if the level Russia wants to engage in, I just don’t. I for one will speak out for intervention if they do engage in wide spread atrocities.  We have to live our values, we have to.

I still think this is going to be different.  The Chechen war is not a good analogy. 

Edited by troph

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Bleed them   Keep bleeding them    Drag this out.   Ukes will suffer.   It will be a terrible price, freedom always is    

This dude who so full of shit.  We spent 4 trillion dollars in 10 years in Afghanistan and that was including trying to rebuild.  20 billion dollars is fucking stupid.  He is basically pulling shit out of his ass.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй