Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

So I’m ready to think Ukraine can win. I’m serious. The logistics nightmares, seeing incredible footage of Ukrainian troops damaging Russian forces, the low morale and lack of training and coordination of Russian troops, the supply of weaponry to Ukraine, the fact that no city has been taken yet, that russia does not yet have air superiority, air defenses are not fully neutralized yet, the strategic advantage of high morale, defending not invading, the clear advantage in training, frankly the advice and intel they are being given and the fact that Russia is broke, can’t get materials, have not thought this through and finally the President of Ukraine. I wanted him out but that is because I thought his death was a foregone conclusion. I woke up caught up on the news and am starting to believe if the Ukrainians can last a few more days this is a total loss to Russia. I don’t know if Russia will escalate to deescalate but it really does look like Ukraine has a shot.  Score analogy, it’s like Tulsa is tied with OU 17-17 late in the third quarter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

This is the most shameless rep grab I've seen maybe ever on this site.

And yet I still repped you. 

I'm not the only one here that has compared Zalensky's recent responses and actions to Travis.

Same time of year with shitty weather (like in south Texas today) that Travis and his defenders had to deal with, besides being surrounded by larger numerical (professional) force, where no quarter was to be given. Without help, the outcome (with both) is a foregone conclusion. Travis knew this and penned a plea for help (Victory or Death) that is known the world over.

Zalensky..., was offered a way out by the US state department.  His response ?  "The fight is here, I need ammunition, not a ride."  

"most shameless rep grab"....?

The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m officially on the president Zelensky should stay, figure out who is second and get him some visibility so the military knows the government is strong and not one man (if he’s taken or killed) and tell Russia to FAFO. Calculated gamble to stay but it’s paying off big time. Hearing morale is high is huge, fuck their shit up bro!! 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Did she find out that you were, in fact, the Farting Monk?

Biological weapons are banned under the gentleman treaty held in 1980 in the Netherlands "Thou shalt not dutch oven unless it is wife or long term girlfriend"

The opposition is known to go psycho for no reason.  Why give her reason

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I’m officially on the president Zelensky should stay, figure out who is second and get him some visibility so the military knows the government is strong and not one man (if he’s taken or killed) and tell Russia to FAFO. Calculated gamble to stay but it’s paying off big time. Hearing morale is high is huge, fuck their shit up bro!! 

you go down fighting, with your boots on 

• Hook 'Em 1

The other secondary benefit is Russian equipment is old and shitty because they can’t afford to modernize and replace. So now instead of having a lot of shitty equipment , they will have a lot less shitty equipment. This war is terrible for Ukraine but good for the world.  I hope this is the end of Russia as a conventional super power (nukes unfortunately notwithstanding).

Just now, SimonBolivar said:

Tonight is going to make last night look like nothing.

Yep. They are starting to put the foot on the throat so to speak. It’s critical Ukraine can hold over the next 24 and Zelenskyy pops up on the Twitter to again plead for assistance and galvanizing his people and by doing so the rest of the world watching to help.

26 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

these crazy motherfuckers are walking around like its a god damned video game.       I get that life is cheap there... but damn,  no attempt to even slightly take any sort of cover while carrying what is clearly a clear and present danger weapon to anyone in a fucking tank. 

So why didn’t he actually use it?  Looked like there were still functioning tanks. 

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

you don’t waste a round on tanks already stopped / sitting. Those can be easily disabled 

There was one with a turret turning I thought he was going to take that out but he walked behind the disabled tanks.  Edit @RPM maybe it was friendly? 

Edited by troph

9 minutes ago, troph said:

So I’m ready to think Ukraine can win. I’m serious. The logistics nightmares, seeing incredible footage of Ukrainian troops damaging Russian forces, the low morale and lack of training and coordination of Russian troops, the supply of weaponry to Ukraine, the fact that no city has been taken yet, that russia does not yet have air superiority, air defenses are not fully neutralized yet, the strategic advantage of high morale, defending not invading, the clear advantage in training, frankly the advice and intel they are being given and the fact that Russia is broke, can’t get materials, have not thought this through and finally the President of Ukraine. I wanted him out but that is because I thought his death was a foregone conclusion. I woke up caught up on the news and am starting to believe if the Ukrainians can last a few more days this is a total loss to Russia. I don’t know if Russia will escalate to deescalate but it really does look like Ukraine has a shot.  Score analogy, it’s like Tulsa is tied with OU 17-17 late in the third quarter. 

Nah.  Uncle Vlad just goes more ham.  Hell tonight he might throw a heavy bombing campaign on a small city.  And point that Kiev is next.

Just now, pops said:

I dont know,  man. That's what has been said every night so far. 

Well it has gotten progressively more intense each night. Russia is making progress in the south, but they're going to have to send in serious units into a city at some point. The last few nights it's just been scouts and limited units to test Ukrainian defenses. They now realize they're going to have to go in to win. They will win, but my God it could be bad.

1 minute ago, FartingMonk said:

Nah.  Uncle Vlad just goes more ham.  Hell tonight he might throw a heavy bombing campaign on a small city.  And point that Kiev is next.

Well I’m not saying it will happen but we are in uncharted territory - no one thought we’d be where we are in day 4. I really don’t think we know what’s next. 

and if he goes full war crimes I have to think it becomes even more unpredictable. There is a point where European and US public sentiment changes - there really is. That’s the amazing power of social media - we can all see it. 

and if the world turns on them, the sanctions are finally headed toward the strongest possible then Putin is isolated even internally.

I don’t think we really can say we know what’s next other than putin will try harder. 

Just now, RPM said:

Ukraine has about 800 tanks, guys. Just not as many or advanced as Russia.

Russian tanks have been shit in recent conflicts and require enormous gas supplies. If Russia is thinking it can take Kiev with tanks it's going to fail miserably. They have proven weak spots in close combats situations.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

you don’t waste a round on tanks already stopped / sitting. Those can be easily disabled 

Thermite grenade in the main gun would make it useless. Those grenades are still made, and if you don't have those, railroad maintenance crews use thermite every day that you could take and set off in a gun barrel.
That's the quick and easy way to disable tanks and artillery that you can't take with you -- foul the barrels of the guns with thermite!

17 minutes ago, troph said:

Go read about the Chechen second war and in particular the battle of Grozny. That’s where this likely has to head. 

Gen. "Spider" Marks was on CNN earlier and he was talking about Russia having an infantry problem. They don't have enough men to fight street by street. It will swallow up troops and come to a crawl. The Ukrainians heavily outnumber them.

2 minutes ago, BrickTop said:

Reading a little about Zelensky and man what an unlikely hero, a comedian three years ago? The courage it takes to do what he is doing is incredibly rare. “The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it."

Jon Stewart for President!

52 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I don’t know.   I’ve been moderately impressed so far.   I mean, Using a ragtag force of soldiers, incompetent logistics, outdated surplus, not owning the air and night.   What’s not to like?

Those are just the type of underdogs you feel like pulling for 

15 minutes ago, troph said:

The other secondary benefit is Russian equipment is old and shitty because they can’t afford to modernize and replace. So now instead of having a lot of shitty equipment , they will have a lot less shitty equipment. This war is terrible for Ukraine but good for the world.  I hope this is the end of Russia as a conventional super power (nukes unfortunately notwithstanding).

And, I'm sure it's in poor operational shape.  Hell, I bet even their nukes are pretty fucked up.  

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй