Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

15 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

If either Finland or Sweden would help with the air/or out some boots on the ground in assistance…what would be the ramifications towards them from NATO or else wise our allies? 

Finland also has unfinished business with Moscow.  They want Karelia back (last lost it to USSR in WW2), and it would really fuck the ruskies having to deal with 2 distant fronts with 75+% of their conventional forces so over-committed to Ukraine to take their land back.

I'd love to see Putin squirm over that one!  Lulz.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Pretty amazing.  Not even a famed KA-52 Alligator helicopter gunship forcing the Ukrainians heads down.  Then again if they have NLAWs they may have Stingers.  And they maybe attacking a convoy in the rear.  

They definitely have stingers, there were photos last night of them getting unloaded and handed out

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

Ultimately Russia, sadly, is us.

"They are terrible. We will win convincingly."

Time for a coaching change.

I don’t know.   I’ve been moderately impressed so far.   I mean, Using a ragtag force of soldiers, incompetent logistics, outdated surplus, not owning the air and night.   What’s not to like?

• Haha 1

Ukraine needs go start blowing up the pipelines crossing their country.  It cuts off money to Russia and gets rid of any excuse to Germany for not assisting... Want the gas to resume? Better stop the war so the pipelines can get fixed...  Otherwise - freeze krauts...

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Grimas said:

Ukraine needs go start blowing up the pipelines crossing their country.  It cuts off money to Russia and gets rid of any excuse to Germany for not assisting... Want the gas to resume? Better stop the war so the pipelines can get fixed...  Otherwise - freeze krauts...

your avatar just blew up my pipeline.

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Grimas said:

Obviously they couldn't openly do it, but "oops an errant Russian rocket must have taken out your pipeline" would be fun.

Of course nobody is ready to draw an exact parallel this early, but let’s also not forget that it was the utter failure in Afghanistan that precipitated the fall of the soviet regime.  

Or the failures of the Finnish campaign.  The Great War.  Russia has history of failed offensive campaigns that become catalyst for regime changes.   Let’s hope this is one of those times. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Pretty amazing.  Not even a famed KA-52 Alligator helicopter gunship forcing the Ukrainians heads down.  Then again if they have NLAWs they may have Stingers.  And they maybe attacking a convoy in the rear.  

Digging this up, the Ka-50/52 has been "on paper" since the 90s.  But, production has been hampered by their economy, and many have been exported.  And it looks like total production is maybe a couple hundred.  And you have to guess that far fewer than that are operational.

Compare with 2400+ Apaches.

Just now, utee94 said:

Obviously they couldn't openly do it, but "oops an errant Russian rocket must have taken out your pipeline" would be fun.

The problem with this is those pipelines also “feed” many of their allies who need them.   It’s a gamble between hurting Russia, and hurting friends of their cause. 

27 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

these crazy motherfuckers are walking around like its a god damned video game.       I get that life is cheap there... but damn,  no attempt to even slightly take any sort of cover while carrying what is clearly a clear and present danger weapon to anyone in a fucking tank. 

46 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Air raid sirens going off in the last 3 minutes in Kyiv. According to intel crab.

those tank crews need to be put down. Leave their bodies out on plain site.  all that gear need to become property of the Ukraine govt 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Those ruskie baboons weren't even interested in porking that babushka, when they usually don't care between animals or humans. That was the sign to me something was off.

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

This is insanely racist. Remove this shit 

He’s comparing them to aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

If either Finland or Sweden would help with the air/or out some boots on the ground in assistance…what would be the ramifications towards them from NATO or else wise our allies? 

They'd be appreciative but that's not really the criteria.  It's a little subjective but does have some baselines, including economics, military strength, and ability to not invade people just because you might have a small dick or hate yourself for being a gay uncreative painter (okay the last one is a maybe).  This is a good primer for it, although the specs are much more technical.

However, of course Sweden and Finland are eligible in droves, that's not the issue.  Those countries at this point don't want to join - they feel they're formidable enough to go on their own and enjoy their independence, and their people have consistently voted as recently as last year by 2-1 not to join.  Nothing against NATO, and they often (and in this case too) work closely with NATO countries to provide bases, installations for troop containment, and money.  So why wouldn't they join?  Part of it is historical - Finland was much more aligned with the Soviets through the years, and only after 1989 have they moved to a more pro-Western ideology.  Sweden was not under the grip of the Soviets, but they're fiercely independent and really since WWII have preferred to be self-contained in their own defenses (although the did secretly cooperate with now-NATO countries in WWII and after).  There was actually a time where Sweden resented U.S. involvement (up to the1980's), but that's thawed.  Aart of this I also think is national pride - when the Nazis and Rooskies went up there to try to occupy, they got their asses shot off.   Both have the freedom and autonomy to call their own shots in a warn which they have preferred, but they've both kept up very diligently with NATO specs on equipment etc. (Finland just bought a shitload of F-35's, e.g.).   The % of the population in each who wants to join NATO has grown through the years, although in each it's still under 50%.

Russia's recent threat won't really sway them - part of their independent spirit is "we're not running to NATO because you threatened us."  That would be against the very thing they say they are.  My guess is that they'll slowly work up to joining within the next decade.  But for now, especially with this shitshow, I don't think they see a reason to fearfully go crawling to NATO, when as it is, they're essentially working side by side with them, yet retaining their own preferred independence.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Damn! I knowhow brutal it’s going to get but praying Kyiv can hold. Fight them with everything you got! Fuck those mother fuckers. Take them out! Hoping they can hold them off. Lots of things being done to finally help in the last 24 hours will be far too late unless NATO commits troops. Fuck! Prayers man. It’s credit to Zelenskyy that more aid is on its way to them. His not setting up a clam shelter government or leaving is sparking so much support. Hero! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Putin calling up a lot more reserves.  They’ll be less motivated to fight since they know what they are in for, and it’ll take a while to get them to Ukraine.  That’s also a huge admission by Putin at how much he fucked up.  

Shock and Awe for the Russian Army is becoming Duck and Cover.  

Illustrates for the world just how capable our armed forces really are.  As I said.   We are entering into a new geopolitical world.   Defense budgets will soar.   But…the bear is back and we are also entering into a time of obvious global unrest.  

I also hope it ushers in a new mindset of independence and self reliance.   From technology to energy.  If both sides wanted to get behind something, a “nuclear new deal” would be transformative 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Damn! I knowhow brutal it’s going to get but praying Kyiv can hold. Fight them with everything you got! Fuck those mother fuckers. Take them out! Hoping they can hold them off. Lots of things being done to finally help in the last 24 hours will be far too late unless NATO commits troops. Fuck! Prayers man. It’s credit to Zelenskyy that more aid is on its way to them. His not setting up a clam shelter government or leaving is sparking so much support. Hero! 

Javelins and NLAWs are ready and waiting to blow their shit up!

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй