Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

All of the advantages that led to a Russian victory in WWII - strong national identity and hatred for the invader, civilian participation in defense, supply chain problems for the enemy - are firmly in favor of the Ukrainian side in this conflict. They also have none of the advantages that the Nazis had - highly disciplined and experienced forces, efficient industrial production, hatred of the enemy. Add to this that basically the entire world (sans China, who is just using this as an opportunity to economically subjugate Russia) is united against them. I’m beginning to think that Putin loses his head over this little adventure.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

You'd think they'd put out some kind of "It's fake news" bulletins..

Even Iraq had this guy

everything-is-fine.jpg

I keep going to RT.com and the coverage is not like that at all. They make no positive statements that could be easily refuted. Our site is 100 percent more biased than RT will allow itself to appear to be right now. What's telling is what they are not reporting of refuting, such as the Ukrainian reports of the two downed cargo planes full of special forces. This is all standard war reporting, BTW; even the sinking of my great-grandfather's little minesweeper of Anzio was withheld for months from the media; meanwhile the other side has always done the opposite.

We are buying the Ukrainian / Western narrative 100 percent and it's a little concerning to me, as it subtly changes over the last few days, as in, yes this might be taking more time that Putin would like, but I didn't start reading that he expected to be greeted as a liberator beyond Eastern Ukraine or that it would be like when they Soviets rolled unopposed into Prague in '68 until after that was not what happened. Now that it is not what happened, we are supposed to believe that he is shocked and demoralized by that. I don't think that's the case. Maybe a little, but not as much as we are being fed. There is an element of that political internet "Why not done?" meme. Lest we forget, it took us six days to take down Baghdad.

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

1 in 10 of those non-combatants have AKs and a bunch have SMGs. Those Russian soldiers fuck around you’re going to start seeing some Chechen rebel type videos of captured Russians getting their throats slit and worse. 

No we are not, and I would hope the Ukrainian civil authorities would prosecute those who would commit war crimes. This is the West; that's not how we roll. And nothing would do more to hurt the Ukrainian cause.

1 hour ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

The lack of animus from the Russian solders side is telling. 

Flipside to above. Maybe the Chechen units we keep hearing are on the way will commit atrocities but this is about as far a cry from an ethnoreligious bloodletting as you can get. Minus the motive of "You're a Nazi who tried to stab out country in the back," this is practically a Civil War.

2 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

All of the advantages that led to a Russian victory in WWII - strong national identity and hatred for the invader, civilian participation in defense, supply chain problems for the enemy - are firmly in favor of the Ukrainian side in this conflict. They also have none of the advantages that the Nazis had - highly disciplined and experienced forces, efficient industrial production, hatred of the enemy. Add to this that basically the entire world (sans China, who is just using this as an opportunity to economically subjugate Russia) is united against them. I’m beginning to think that Putin loses his head over this little adventure.

Russian troops in WWII marched in American boots and rode in American trucks.  We sent a fuckton of supplies to them.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I imagine the Ukrainian regulars will offer no quarter to these troops. 

I hope they will. Thus far all indications are that Ukrainians are fighting ferociously and honorably and scrupulously.  The world is on their side and we know who the “Nazis” are.  They are kicking ass through resolve and discipline and a laser focus on defeating the enemy in the field.  Giving in to a thirst for revenge and not victory, no matter how justified, undermines all of that. Take those fucks prisoner and put them in the docks for the world to see. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Destroyed Rosgvardia vehicles. Not Kadyrov’s brutal killers- national guard riot police and paddy wagons.

Suggests a complete reality disconnect for the planners of this goat rope. They may really have believed they’d fire desultory shots and UA forces would surrender, they’d get the baddies* in Kyiv, and then the cops would thump any restless locals. 

*Yes, you’re the baddies, Russia. 

From the LiveLeak dashcam videos I've watched over the years, I'm confident those wrecks are merely the result of trying to navigate Eastern European roads in winter.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

No we are not, and I would hope the Ukrainian civil authorities would prosecute those who would commit war crimes. This is the West; that's not how we roll. And nothing would do more to hurt the Ukrainian cause.

You think they are going to tolerate indiscriminate killing raping and looting of non combatants on their streets and in their homes? You think we would? Bullshit

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Fuck I love these people—- this guy approaches soldiers he doesn’t recognize and asks “pronounce ‘palyanitsa’”— a type of Ukrainian bread.  Sees they are Russian, they tell him to stop filming.

”Who are you to tell me not to film? The constitution of Ukraine allows it!”

Interesting to see a real, literal, in the wild shibboleth.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Good points.  And I'm trying to kind of separate the Russian people and much of the military from the Putinistas.  I would have to think that there are enough of these younger Russian dudes who are simply saying this is stupid.  They seem to be fighting without much intensity or desperation, kind of like, "oh, you shot down two of our huge transports, are taking our tanks out like shooting sloths in a tree, and basically sticking it up our asses?  Well, duh."

I'd like to think that the Russian people are starting to seriously consider how to get this lunatic out and carry on.  At this point I don't believe the world hates Russia as a whole (although I do know from experience that a lot of Europe aren't their BBF's as it is) but at some point you gotta see what this maniac is doing to your country and capture or kill him, in either order.  But you're right - I can't see how the average Russian soldier has any motivation in this whatsoever - at the baseline they're very akin to Ukrainians, share blood, family, history, etc.  And from what I've seen, most of these Russian guys act like they don't want to be there, period.  Sure there are militaristas in the forces who get off on Russia 1765 and all that Putin shit, but from what I've seen, most of them would rather be in Odessa lapping up the Black Sea sun.  Maybe I'm wrong but I cannot see how in any way whatsoever most of the younger Russians buy Putin's Return To Glory Days which mesh with Disco, the Edsel, and Big Lil' Joe.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I hope they will. Thus far all indications are that Ukrainians are fighting ferociously and honorably and scrupulously.  The world is on their side and we know who the “Nazis” are.  They are kicking ass through resolve and discipline and a laser focus on defeating the enemy in the field.  Giving in to a thirst for revenge and not victory, no matter how justified, undermines all of that. Take those fucks prisoner and put them in the docks for the world to see. 

I’m referring only to the Chechen death squads if that’s what they are

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

You think they are going to tolerate indiscriminate killing raping and looting of non combatants on their streets and in their homes? You think we would? Bullshit

A) I don't think that's going to happen.

B) If it did, of course not.

C) Sadistically torturing captives on video is unacceptable. Just shoot them in the head on the battlefield. 

1 minute ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

The first big tell that the Russian soldiers weren’t fully committed to this was the sunflower lady. If this was really bitter conflict on both sides she would’ve been whacked or at least detained immediately I would think. 

Those ruskie baboons weren't even interested in porking that babushka, when they usually don't care between animals or humans. That was the sign to me something was off.

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

A) I don't think that's going to happen.

B) If it did, of course not.

C) Sadistically torturing captives on video is unacceptable. Just shoot them in the head on the battlefield. 

I was responding to a specific post positing just that type of behavior from the Russian conscripts. If it happens, given the number of armed civilians things will get ugly fast 

10 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

but I didn't start reading that he expected to be greeted as a liberator beyond Eastern Ukraine or that it would be like when they Soviets rolled unopposed into Prague in '68 until after that was not what happened. Now that it is not what happened, we are supposed to believe that he is shocked and demoralized by that.

It wasn’t that Putin was expecting that - I don’t think he gives a fuck how they receive him.  

What we are talking about is the narrative that formed after Russians started being captured and claiming they didn’t expect to have to fight and that they’d be greeted as liberators.  This is after and on top of that mothers group claiming that Russian leaders lied to them and their sons and coerced their sons  into being a part of the invasion when they had been promised it was for another assignment or they wouldn’t be fighting.  

The lack of a cohesive plan and the disarray of some units points to the mothers being right and that this was hastily thrown together.  

But I do think some leaders probably believed their own bullshit and thought they’d be greeted differently.  

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I keep going to RT.com and the coverage is not like that at all. They make no positive statements that could be easily refuted. Our site is 100 percent more biased than RT will allow itself to appear to be right now. What's telling is what they are not reporting of refuting, such as the Ukrainian reports of the two downed cargo planes full of special forces. This is all standard war reporting, BTW; even the sinking of my great-grandfather's little minesweeper of Anzio was withheld for months from the media; meanwhile the other side has always done the opposite.

We are buying the Ukrainian / Western narrative 100 percent and it's a little concerning to me, as it subtly changes over the last few days, as in, yes this might be taking more time that Putin would like, but I didn't start reading that he expected to be greeted as a liberator beyond Eastern Ukraine or that it would be like when they Soviets rolled unopposed into Prague in '68 until after that was not what happened. Now that it is not what happened, we are supposed to believe that he is shocked and demoralized by that. I don't think that's the case. Maybe a little, but not as much as we are being fed. There is an element of that political internet "Why not done?" meme. Lest we forget, it took us six days to take down Baghdad.

Flipside to above. Maybe the Chechen units we keep hearing are on the way will commit atrocities but this is about as far a cry from an ethnoreligious bloodletting as you can get. Minus the motive of "You're a Nazi who tried to stab out country in the back," this is practically a Civil War.

- Don’t go to RT, even recognizing it’s propaganda the best thing that could happen is for it to squawk into the void. 

-Russia’s official narrative is that there isn’t a war, there’s an operation and that there is no heavy fighting. What you’re seeing on RT is not reporting, it’s designed and weaponized lies.

- It’s not at all relevant to compare Ukrainian reporting in the fog of war as they try to defend their country with weaponized lies from the nation attacking Ukraine.

- There’s plenty of reporting of Russian advances in the South and the grim state Ukraine is in despite heartening news of firmer than expected resistance. Most of us are rightfully glad that the aggressor is being slowed down on other fronts and Ukrainians are acquitting themselves well. 

- We didn’t start hearing about these possibilities until after it happened because that’s how news works.  First something happens then we discuss why it might have. Talking about what’s supposed to happen then claiming it does happen is not news—- it’s RT.

- This is nothing like a civil war. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Why does every picture/video of abandoned Russian vehicles look like they’ve been lived in by homeless people for the past year?

A lot of their vehicles look really shitty.  Reactive armor blocks missing from tanks, dents, rust, bad paint.

You'd expect that from months in-theater, not days.  Even allowing for the bivouacking in Belarus and whatnot.

33 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Knowing the Chinese, I’m sure they negotiated the deal at pennies on the dollar as well.  Figuring out a way to fuck us and Russia at the same time.

Also knowing the Chinese, they "inked" a tough deal with Russia.  And they'll start renegotiating it further in their favor tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

If either Finland or Sweden would help with the air/or out some boots on the ground in assistance…what would be the ramifications towards them from NATO or else wise our allies? 

NATO wouldn't mind.  I expressed the theory upthread that non-NATO members might have more flexibility.  

• Hook 'Em 1

This is starting to remind me of a late period Mack Brown season opener where we were supposed to steamroll Rice or whoever by sixty with Jonathan Gray and Malcolm Brown running for 200 yards each, but at halftime it would be 17-3 and Mack would have to pull out all the stops in the second half just to barely cover.

These wins did not herald good seasons, but they did foretell his downfall. May it be the same for Putin.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

german-troops-crossing-the-soviet-border-during-operation-barbarossa-RH4ATT.thumb.jpg.f2bde2968251a4caa2c93b90b6210ae6.jpg

Contrary to what Evil Dumbshit Putin gaslit and blathered on about the other day, the last time actual Nazis entered what is now Ukraine was at the beginning of that other megalomaniac's (Hitler's) Operation Barbarossa on June 22nd, 1941.

The photo was Nazi Wehrmacht marching from Poland past the border marker into the USSR (now Ukraine).

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

- Don’t go to RT, even recognizing it’s propaganda the best thing that could happen is for it to squawk into the void. 

-Russia’s official narrative is that there isn’t a war, there’s an operation and that there is no heavy fighting. What you’re seeing on RT is not reporting, it’s designed and weaponized lies.

- It’s not at all relevant to compare Ukrainian reporting in the fog of war as they try to defend their country with weaponized lies from the nation attacking Ukraine.

- There’s plenty of reporting of Russian advances in the South and the grim state Ukraine is in despite heartening news of firmer than expected resistance. Most of us are rightfully glad that the aggressor is being slowed down on other fronts and Ukrainians are acquitting themselves well. 

- We didn’t start hearing about these possibilities until after it happened because that’s how news works.  First something happens then we discuss why it might have. Talking about what’s supposed to happen then claiming it does happen is not news—- it’s RT.

- This is nothing like a civil war. 

I am a print media veteran of 20 years -- I love discerning between stripes of reporting. RT fascinates me but does not convince me.

I think this is a great opportunity to get involved. Send in the Red Cross secured by nato troops to help with the dead/injured. Would provide a break for the Ukrainians because it would effectively pause Russian advancements. Ukrainians need some rest by now.

Another thought - if Putin is sending in the Chechnya dudes and they’re as ruthless as advertised then maybe it’s time for others to get involved.

16 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

If either Finland or Sweden would help with the air/or out some boots on the ground in assistance…what would be the ramifications towards them from NATO or else wise our allies? 

Sweden doesn’t have much of a military anymore. The Fins do, but they are pretty neutral in these things.  The fact that both countries are starting to sniff around NATO is a big deal. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй