Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

16 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Saw this on social media. Not sure if agree completely, but it’s an interesting take. It just seems like the Russian people keep getting fucked harder and harder while the oligarchs and elites keep smearing shit all over the region. Tough place to be in. Maybe it sparks a mass uprising.

C136C533-D70E-482C-B1B6-01E1D83BAB8C.jpeg

Maybe don't tolerate a warmonger asshole leader?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dimyh said:

Filthy rich Russians crying about getting their Italia villas repossessed.

Hope it's true and maybe we can invite Zelensky over to have a big kegger. 

I have got to say, kicking all the super rich Russians with their pencil thin girls with cellulite and a cigarette in the mouth out of Europe has opened up a number of possibilities for travel this summer for me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I do not like this at all. Not one bit.

The invader asking to negotiate with no preconditions 3 days after launching the invasion is great news even if everyone knows it’s a bullshit stall tactic. It’s humiliating for the aggressor. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Any more updates about Belarus? There were some videos about police crackdowns. I just wonder as this resistance fervor spreads across Europe that the Belarusians make a move. Not sure how many Russian troops are still staged there but it would be nice to eliminate another page from Putin's playbook.

21 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Saw this on social media. Not sure if agree completely, but it’s an interesting take. It just seems like the Russian people keep getting fucked harder and harder while the oligarchs and elites keep smearing shit all over the region. Tough place to be in. Maybe it sparks a mass uprising.

C136C533-D70E-482C-B1B6-01E1D83BAB8C.jpeg

Right. So they put pressure on the evil people who lead them to stop of gtfo.

The fact there are Innocent people in a country is not the problem of everyone else, it is quite literally the problem of the government doing the stupid shit that’s causing the sanctions in the first place. Citizens are not ‘innocent bystanders’ if they allow their country to do bad shit by non action and looking the other way.

Ask the German’s how that works. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Russia has been exposed as a paper tiger and there will be consequences.

absolutely.

i'm just concerned putin will act even more recklessly after this exposure. one caveat - i also think this is very premature and there's plenty of russian troops that could potentially turn the tides rather quickly.

but, the consequences of his current perception of weakness may not be ideal.

it could be devastating for ukraine and other countries seeking peace rather than an embarrassment and diminishing of power for putin.

i'm concerned he'll act out, feeling bullied and disregarded or looking for a power-type play, going out with a bang.

i do think our intelligence in regards to russia is very strong - we knew this was coming. just as we knew they were fucking with the election(s). and what we as the general public know is obviously much less than our intelligence is informing.

so hopefully we'd know if the situation internally within putin's inner circle becomes desperate, and we could respond before something catastrophic occurs.

i just wonder what that response may be.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, dimyh said:

Any more updates about Belarus? There were some videos about police crackdowns. I just wonder as this resistance fervor spreads across Europe that the Belarusians make a move. Not sure how many Russian troops are still staged there but it would be nice to eliminate another page from Putin's playbook.

The expectation is that Belarus will declare a former operation/war and start moving troops into Ukraine also. They were also targeted directly by EU sanctions, so maybe the hope is that we can put them on their knees too, same as Russia, and kill two birds with one stone when this falls apart for them and Russia.

7 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Don’t be fatuous, Jeffrey. 

From Wiki

RTA: apologies for my snark. Re-reading your post I see you may have been sincerely asking the question. 

Yes. I know a bit of Russian, and if you're speaking in Russian, there is no difference between "the" Ukraine and Ukraine. Definite and indefinite articles don't exist. There just wouldn't be a way to convey this concept that I know of. It seems like this is purely an English/international diplomacy issue. I'm just surprised by that. 

Looking a bit more into it, it seems like the native language dispute is centered on the preposition for "in." In Russian (and Ukrainian) you can use two different words, "v" and "nah". When talking about geography, "v" can suggest sovereignty and "nah" might be used for generic regions. It isn't quite that strict, but there is an implication. I guess that dispute sort of flowed into english with the use of the word "the" 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If the talks actually happen(which I am skeptical of until we see folks in a room) then there is no way Zelensky is out.  

My pure amateur take

Plan A was take Kiev, install puppet, split Ukraine, annex East

Plan B Land Bridge to Crimea per MillerEP, negotiate full control of the pro russian areas  D and L in the east.

If access to the Black Sea for Ukraine is still allowed through negotiation seems like a huge L but who knows.

I still think the "talks" talk is just a delay tactic to get more troops in position on Kiev and take more area for the land bridge.

What a difference four days make. The change to total Ukraine support, universal condemnation of Russia, and FAFO to Putin and his pal’s wallets.

I hope we are moving heaven and earth to get piles of body armor, artillery, communications equipment, and anti-aircraft missiles.

And any weapons that can be used by those crazy bad-ass Ukrainians who will walk up and fire at Russian armor and troops with no regard to their safety. Fuck Molotov cocktails - every hero needs their own javelin or NLAW.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

What a difference four days make. The change to total Ukraine support, universal condemnation of Russia, and FAFO to Putin and his pal’s wallets.

I hope we are moving heaven and earth to get piles of body armor, artillery, communications equipment, and anti-aircraft missiles.

And any weapons that can be used by those crazy bad-ass Ukrainians who will walk up and fire at Russian armor and troops with no regard to their safety. Fuck Molotov cocktails - every hero needs their own javelin or NLAW.

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The invader asking to negotiate with no preconditions 3 days after launching the invasion is great news even if everyone knows it’s a bullshit stall tactic. It’s humiliating for the aggressor. 

Weapons are pouring in from Eastern Europe. Any stall tactic will just worsen Russian losses. If they haven't controlled the skies yet and a cease fire goes into effect, there is no way Russia will ever control Ukranian airspace.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Weapons are pouring in from Eastern Europe. Any stall tactic will just worsen Russian losses. If they haven't controlled the skies yet and a cease fire goes into effect, there is no way Russia will ever control Ukranian airspace.

I know that and you know that. I don’t think anyone has told Mad Vlad

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй