Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

48 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Seems like Russian forces are spread extremely thin. Do they even have the ability to secure the supply lines in place? Also re seige tactics: Without control of the airspace, aren’t the Russians sitting ducks for air drone strikes and can’t  supplies just be airdropped in to the cities? Seems like Russia didn’t think this through

Also obligatory 

image.jpeg.92f9a4780a7cfad8aa279a9ebf637b09.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Agree with US not responding to threat of nuclear attacks. They just need to stick with any and all financial sanctions and seizures and hit Russia in the pocketbook at home. That combined with continued supply of arms and assistance to Ukraine should create an almost untenable situation at home for Putin. Maybe this is an opportunity to not only oust Putin, but to drastically change Russia for good.

Edited by Enchubben
  • Hook 'Em 3

https://t.me/dsszzi_official/1140

Not quite the Iraqi highway of death, but the Ukranians ambushed one of the large armored convoys en route to Kiev and wiped the entire thing out. The pressure on Putin will continue to mount. Casualties piling up, several aircraft full of para troopers shot down, dozens of helicopters shot down, countless armored vehicles destroyed and next to nothing to show for it. The decision to fly several IL-76 loaded with paratroopers over hostile territory with active air defense is downright dumb fuckery to the highest degree.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

What should the U.S. do?

For now, the sensible, and confident, American answer should be to do nothing. This might seem counter-intuitive: The Russians have gone to an alert, and it would seem only prudent to answer this with a reciprocal raising of U.S. alert status. But this Cold War reaction is, I suspect, exactly what Putin wants. He’s in a jam and he’s trying to look strong, and part of the way he can do that is to turn his hare-brained scheme in Ukraine into a gigantic Russian-American confrontation. Putin would like nothing better than to take everyone’s mind off Ukraine and focus us all on a game of nuclear chicken.

Yep. Don’t get too close to the drowning man, he’ll frantically try and pull you under too.

Just hang back and crack a beer. Maybe have a piece of Ukrainian cheesecake

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Enchubben said:

Agree with US not responding to nuclear attacks. They just need to stick with any and all financial sanctions and seizures and hit Russia in the pocketbook at home. That combined with continued supply of arms and assistance to Ukraine should create an almost untenable situation at home for Putin. Maybe this is an opportunity to not only oust Putin, but to drastically change Russia for good.

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Agree. The answer should be “why would we change the alert status of our nuclear forces? We aren’t at war with Russia, and we aren’t busy attacking a sovereign country. I guess we can understand why Russia is - when a coward starts losing a war, he gets scared. And Putin is doing what a scared coward would do. But he doesn’t have anything to fear from us. He should probably worry about when his own army turns on him.” And then drop the mic. Let Putin start purging his leaders. Let them strike preemptively and purge him.

We need go learn from the mistakes we made early and prepare for every contingency.  Much of this is posturing, so we play the part.    

• Hook 'Em 1

Agree with US not responding to threat of nuclear attacks. They just need to stick with any and all financial sanctions and seizures and hit Russia in the pocketbook at home. That combined with continued supply of arms and assistance to Ukraine should create an almost untenable situation at home for Putin. Maybe this is an opportunity to not only oust Putin, but to drastically change Russia for good.

That has to be our long game. Putin has foolishly created an opportunity - we should exploit it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

“The” Ukraine is how Russia refers to the sovereign nation of “Ukraine” because it sees it as a region under its control. 

Please avoid referencing it as such going forward. Kthanksbye 

Russian doesn't have articles. So if it's doing that, it is an English only thing. 

That has to be our long game. Putin has foolishly created an opportunity - we should exploit it.

Ab-so-fucking-lutely! We wouldn’t be here if not for his rancid stupidity and Zelenskyy’s bravery and leadership. The Russian people deserve better. Putin deserves a painful death and to be mocked in the ninth cantos of hell for eternity.

And I’m dead serious about this - pivoting to exploit an unexpected opportunity on the fly is how you win. Most experienced trial lawyers have a story like that - a case where there opponent revealed something previously unknown that they were then able to exploit, with little planning or prep, to completely destroy the opponent. It’s being willing to Chuck your old trial plan out the window, and adopt the new winning plan.
We should do that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yep. This war is teaching us a lot, and the new information battlespace is fascinating. We should fully exploit it.

Oh.  It’s just beginning.   This conflict has revealed so much.   I think it will usher in a hawkish period of massive military spending and a focus on energy independence.  A smaller, more nimble force of sophisticated armaments has rendered the plodding strategy of mass formations obsolete 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

That’s fine.  We all have our opinions.   What I’m saying is we’re this to be on the table, my guess is the feckless UN would capitulate 

Yeah, it is just my opinion.   But I kind of think this is a toothpaste out of the tube scenario.  If we allow things to return to the way it was, than that sends a message that 'its ok to attack, and if you fail we can just return to normal.'   

Of course there are people dying.   But I doubt that Zelensky would want to return to the prior existential threat is ever present, while Putin regroups, rearms, retrains and hires mercenaries to professionalize his military, and gets prepared to try again.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Ab-so-fucking-lutely! We wouldn’t be here if not for his rancid stupidity and Zelenskyy’s bravery and leadership. The Russian people deserve better. Putin deserves a painful death and to be mocked in the ninth cantos of hell for eternity.

Yup. Cut off everything but leave his ears. 

24 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Can we refer to the US as the US?

Look you can be an ignorant ass if you like. Just understand that using “the” with Ukraine has a clear implication that perhaps you didn’t understand. 

https://time.com/12597/the-ukraine-or-ukraine/?amp=true

ETA I am of Ukrainian heritage. 

Edited by DDD Dad
The more you know.gif
  • Hook 'Em 5

Yep. This war is teaching us a lot, and the new information battlespace is fascinating. We should fully exploit it.

Well, if your General Dynamics, I think your future revenue streams based on the Abrams MBT are starting to look a little shaky. Boy this war has exposed the obsolesce of Armor

And I’m dead serious about this - pivoting to exploit an unexpected opportunity on the fly is how you win. Most experienced trial lawyers have a story like that - a case where there opponent revealed something previously unknown that they were then able to exploit, with little planning or prep, to completely destroy the opponent. It’s being willing to Chuck your old trial plan out the window, and adopt the new winning plan.
We should do that.

Yeah, we need to make some halftime adjustments.

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Yeah, it is just my opinion.   But I kind of think this is a toothpaste out of the tube scenario.  If we allow things to return to the way it was, than that sends a message that 'its ok to attack, and if you fail we can just return to normal.'   

Of course there are people dying.   But I doubt that Zelensky would want to return to the prior existential threat is ever present, while Putin regroups, rearms, retrains and hires mercenaries to professionalize his military, and gets prepared to try again.  

In the hierarchy of saving lives, my guess is Zelensky wants the fight to stop and lives saved.  From there is a canyon of diplomatic and strategic options.  

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

Look you can be an ignorant ass if you like. Just understand that using “the” with Ukraine has a clear implication that perhaps you didn’t understand. 

ETA I am of Ukrainian heritage. 

Can you explain this to me? I don't understand how this concept would work in Russian. As far as I can tell, Ukrainian similarly lacks articles. "The" is meaningless. 

28 minutes ago, Chad said:

Gotta hand it to the Ukranians, they're not making it easy on Russia despite being out numbered and largely fighting with Soviet era equipment save for some anti-tank munitions like Javelin missiles. The cowardly Iraqis and Afghans were armed to the teeth with US equipment and laid down like cheap whores when ISIS and the Taliban collided with them.

Motivation matters.  

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй