Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

More warning signs: Lavrov announced Russia “won’t accept” the response the EU gave it in the name of 27 members after Russia sent letters to each of them demanding security guarantees. The EU states decided to allow Borrell to answer for the bloc.  Lavrov simply said it wasn’t good enough and demanded 27 different responses from each country.  It’s clearly a bid to try and fracture the EU and show it as incompetent— and also clearly a ploy to have something to wave around as evidence that Russia isn’t being respected or dealt with on its terms. 

21 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

This is some funny detail behind the Putin/Macron meeting. What kind of spy craft are they worried about regarding Macron’s DNA?

secret service protects POTUS the same way.  for instance every bathroom he uses outside of the white secret service has to affix special plumbing to collect the waste which they don't let go down the public sewer systems.  instead they bag it off and send it to the incinerator.  they're afraid POTUS's genetic info will fall into the wrong hands and enemies will know health issues etc.

19 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Some very interesting (and surprising) poll results from a handful of European countries regarding their attitudes on Ukraine and their willingness to come to Ukraine's defense. Lots of other charts at the link.

image.png.fd81f66a39267014766a18b905bbc924.png

Lol, first of all God bless the Poles.  Maybe my favorite nation.  Always itching for a fight and even better, itching for a fight they know they will lose. Poles kick all kinds of ass.

Second, this shows a real gap in understanding among European publics of what NATO and the EU are. I’m unsurprised, as it reflects a lot of other data I’m too familiar with.  A lot of those Italians who hope NATO does something but their country doesn’t really don’t get that NATO is them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

secret service protects POTUS the same way.  for instance every bathroom he uses outside of the white secret service has to affix special plumbing to collect the waste which they don't let go down the public sewer systems.  instead they bag it off and send it to the incinerator.  they're afraid POTUS's genetic info will fall into the wrong hands and enemies will know health issues etc.

yea about that,  i don't think any of our recent presidents are able to hid any unseemly health conditions. 

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There’s almost no reason for optimism. Every signal is that Russia wants a fight. Normandy talks yesterday ended with a stalemate as the Kremlin announced it was all Ukraine’s fault and they couldn’t agree on an implementation interpretation.  Thr SVR has started cranking out warnings that Ukraine is about to be the aggressor itself. Putin can’t leave these units there forever.  POTUS does not tell people to “leave now” on national TV as part of an info operation.  

Just like when the Germans claimed that Poland invaded first in 1939.

Edited by kevwun

With all the naval traffic in the Black Sea now, I don't think this is going to be a waltz over the border and back. I think it's going to be a complete takeover of the country.

At least that's what my Magic 8 Ball told me just now.

Meanwhile, when that happens I'm keeping an eye on China because something feels a little uneasy about that, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

With all the naval traffic in the Black Sea now, I don't think this is going to be a waltz over the border and back. I think it's going to be a complete takeover of the country.

At least that's what my Magic 8 Ball told me just now.

Meanwhile, when that happens I'm keeping an eye on China because something feels a little uneasy about that, too.

Laos better watch their ass.

25 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I may be the only one who geeks out on atmospherics around diplomatic meetings, but this recent photo of the Macron-Putin meeting is too good not to share.  The statue in the photo below was apparently moved into the meeting room shortly before the awkward table summit.

image.thumb.jpeg.5640f10b01453708ddbb8c9b9607c361.jpeg

Who is this mustachioed gentleman? It’s Tsar Alexander II. What relevance does Tsar Alexander II have to the meeting? Well, in 1876 he implemented a major step in Russification of Ukraine.  This included, among other things, banning public readings or performances in Ukrainian, banning Ukrainian language literature, and removing any Ukrainian language material from schools. His decrees also stated that Ukrainian (which he banned) didn’t exist which makes perfect sense in a Russian context. He had earlier closed Ukrainian Sunday schools. 

If you buy into diplomatic symbolism, Putin is telling Macron what he intends to do. 

Fix the cable?

32 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yeah, he is going forward. Spidey senses tell me he won't withdraw forces. 

This is what a Russian Embassy in a European nation that borders Ukraine posted a couple hours ago on its public Facebook page (in Russian).

‼️ More than 130 spontaneous mass graves of civilians who died from Ukrainian aggression were discovered on the territory of the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR). This was stated at a briefing on Friday by the head of #DPR Denis #Pushilin.

💬"Today, only on the territory of the Donetsk People's Republic, more than 130 places of mass and spontaneous burials of victims of Ukrainian aggression have been discovered and uncovered. We are talking about #mass_burials of civilians killed during the operation of the armed forces of #Ukraine on the territory of the DPR: these are Snezhnoye, Debaltseve, Khartsyzsk, Ilovaisk," he said.

📢Head of the #Donetsk_People's_Republic (DPR) Denis #Pushilin said that he does not rule out that #Russia can come to the aid of the Donbass republics if #Ukraine unleashes a full-scale aggression against them, but this decision should be made by #Moscow itself.

‼️"There is a situation on the line of contact - it is heated to the limit. Now we are looking at one of the options: Ukraine goes on the offensive, starts using all the weapons that it had, plus the weapons that were imported into the territory of Ukraine and continue to be imported, allegedly for protection. This is beginning to be used against the civilian population, against the cities and regions of Donbass.<...> I do not rule out that if a full-scale offensive is unleashed, if settlements and the civilian population are destroyed, then Russia can take such steps. But this the decision, if such is made, should be made by Russia itself. But I would not rule it out," he said at a press conference on Friday, when asked under what conditions, in his opinion, Russian troops could enter the DPR .
🔗https://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/13679825

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SimonBolivar said:

Why even bother with the narrative? I guess bureaucrats need jobs too.

The narrative is powerful.  In this same country (Slovakia), a hydra of neo-Nazis and opposition leftists came very close to successfully killing the ratification of a (very boring, pro forma legal framework) Defense Cooperation Agreement with the U.S. this very week.  Almost every argument they made was a word for word recitation of Kremlin arguments about who is to blame for Ukraine and who is ratcheting up tensions.  Polling showed that its coincided with a massive dip in popular approval of NATO and that 60 percent of the country believes that the U.S. sparked the crisis.  These narratives are paper thin but appealing to a certain demographic and so its going to keep getting pumped out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

for instance every bathroom he uses outside of the white secret service has to affix special plumbing to collect the waste which they don't let go down the public sewer systems.  instead they bag it off and send it to the incinerator.  they're afraid POTUS's genetic info will fall into the wrong hands and enemies will know health issues etc.

See, #1 on the list of reasons I can never be POTUS is this.

"Mr. President Brisket, you can't use that bathroom, it's not secure."

"Look, fucker, I just ate two plates of jalapeno nachos while I was listening to some Turkish dude wax poetic about our long and special relationship and the Black Sea and good coffee or whatever......and I gotta blow mud NOW.  So I suggest you either step aside, or cup your hands and prepare to receive what I'm about to deliver."

[Secret service agents to each other]  Yeah....we gotta whack this guy and make it look like an accident, and quickly.  [/Secret service agents to each other]

I mean.....there are like 78,348 OTHER reasons on that list.  But that's the top item.

Edited by Brisketexan

27 minutes ago, &#x27;stache said:

Sweet. I think we're just about due for MAD.

The ruskies have some crazy shit now too. The posiedon autonomous nuclear powered, nuclear armed torpedo could deny entire regions of the globe or just straight fuck up a carrier group. It "hasn't been deployed yet" but the supporting tech is all in place

4 hours ago, Eastwood said:

Yeah, only a matter of time now. My deepest hope is that the hot part of this war stays between Russia and Ukraine and Ukraine can weather the storm long enough for Russia to get a Pyrrhic victory, at best.

On the one hand I think the Ukrainians could make it extremely painful, and if they make it painful enough and there is lots of Russians coming home in bodybags as well as Russians in the streets back home, Putin will go completely scorched earth.  No nukes, but I could see him order civilian population centers being hit.

4 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

I do this when I travel or visit a friends, except I use ziplock bags.  Don't know why they use special plumbing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

and also clearly a ploy to have something to wave around as evidence that Russia isn’t being respected or dealt with on its terms. 

I swear some of this shit goes all the way back to Peter the Great and his push for warm-water ports and making Russia a great European power.  I remember a Western Civ. professor I had who said that a big chunk of the Russia/Soviet Union foreign policy is just modern versions of Peter the Great's foreign policy, with a sprinkle of obsessing over being invaded from Europe thrown in.  This was back in the 90s, but he said it never stopped rearing its ugly head.

It's little-brother syndrome writ large.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I swear some of this shit goes all the way back to Peter the Great and his push for warm-water ports and making Russia a great European power.  I remember a Western Civ. professor I had who said that a big chunk of the Russia/Soviet Union foreign policy is just modern versions of Peter the Great's foreign policy, with a sprinkle of obsessing over being invaded from Europe thrown in.  This was back in the 90s, but he said it never stopped rearing its ugly head.

So Russia is Aggie? It’s all making sense now. 
Both haven’t won the big one in almost a hundred years. 
возглас!

Edited by JerrysJheriCurl
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 1:04 PM, Parliament said:

Days like this make me glad America is separated from this shitshow by two giant oceans and Canada.

If we let him take Ukraine without any consequences then he just might decide that it's time for Alaska to revert to Russia.  That would really fuck over @mooseoutfront.

See, #1 on the list of reasons I can never be POTUS is this.
"Mr. President Brisket, you can't use that bathroom, it's not secure."
"Look, fucker, I just ate two plates of jalapeno nachos while I was listening to some Turkish dude wax poetic about our long and special relationship and the Black Sea and good coffee or whatever......and I gotta blow mud NOW.  So I suggest you either step aside, or cup your hands and prepare to receive what I'm about to deliver."
[secret service agents to each other]  Yeah....we gotta whack this guy and make it look like an accident, and quickly.  [/secret service agents to each other]

I mean.....there are like 78,348 OTHER reasons on that list.  But that's the top item.
They have this special funnel you see ...

U.S. officials have picked up intelligence that Russia is considering Wednesday as the possible date for the start of military action, according to multiple officials briefed on the material. Those officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information, acknowledged the possibility that the mention of a particular date could be part of a Russian disinformation effort.

Obviously disinformation. If anything is happening it’s on a Tuesday. Although with the time difference it could be Tuesday here when Putin sends it. 

2 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

Obviously disinformation. If anything is happening it’s on a Tuesday. Although with the time difference it could be Tuesday here when Putin sends it. 

Speaking of things happening on Tuesday, people are tracking FlightAware and watching US drones flying over Ukraine and peeking at Russian forces.  Nice of the Air Force to let everybody know what everybody already knows.

• Like 1

Reports that the U.S. embassy will fully evacuate.  A complete drawdown of a major facility like that is an expensive, complicated, logistical and security nightmare.  It’s a last resort move that is pushed against at every step, this is not cheap signaling.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-united-states-europe-russia-kyiv-ff41abf90650aa5f456cbb6aafa4c5b3

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

so russia = aggy? 

30 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Reports that the U.S. embassy will fully evacuate.  A complete drawdown of a major facility like that is an expensive, complicated, logistical and security nightmare.  It’s a last resort move that is pushed against at every step, this is not cheap signaling.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-united-states-europe-russia-kyiv-ff41abf90650aa5f456cbb6aafa4c5b3

yeah, this is big. I said before I grew up in Embassies and they never want to evacuate everyone. Also seeing the Russians are doing the same with their facilities in the Ukraine. 

How do we walk this back @956 Worldwide

11 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

yeah, this is big. I said before I grew up in Embassies and they never want to evacuate everyone. Also seeing the Russians are doing the same with their facilities in the Ukraine. 

I always wanted to be part of an evacuation or destruct team.  It just seemed so fun to do on TV.  We were pretty close one time but that's a different time and a whole different lifetime ago.

Edited by FartingMonk
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yes, that’s what RIA Novosti says, it is Russia state controlled media and so it would be unlikely to report something the Kremlin didn’t want reported. 

image.thumb.jpeg.69b31792d949188de523f56e4e08decb.jpeg

Everything I have seen reported is that the belief is that Putin has assembled an invasion force. They are not there for drills or intimidation, they are there to invade. That said, there’s also a belief that a final “go” has not been decided and that it is Putin himself who will decide it.  I do not see anything at all that would turn this around save an announcement from Putin himself that the option was off the table, and a rapid drawdown of units from near Ukraine and Belarus.  The past few days have seen the opposite of that.  And I don’t think a diplomatic breakthrough is hovering, absent a complete capitulation on every one of the demands Russia sent around. 

Even then, I think Putin has decided to, at one time or another in the near future, either incorporate much more of Ukraine into Russia or install his own preferred leader by force.  No matter what accommodation he is offered.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yes, that’s what RIA Novosti says, it is Russia state controlled media and so it would be unlikely to report something the Kremlin didn’t want reported. 

Everything I have seen reported is that the belief is that Putin has assembled an invasion force. They are not there for drills or intimidation, they are there to invade. That said, there’s also a belief that a final “go” has not been decided and that it is Putin himself who will decide it.  I do not see anything at all that would turn this around save an announcement from Putin himself that the option was off the table, and a rapid drawdown of units from near Ukraine and Belarus.  The past few days have seen the opposite of that.  And I don’t think a diplomatic breakthrough is hovering, absent a complete capitulation on every one of the demands Russia sent around. 

Even then, I think Putin has decided to, at one time or another in the near future, either incorporate much more of Ukraine into Russia or install his own preferred leader by force.  No matter what accommodation he is offered.

Russia is also on a timer due to the muddy season.  If they are going to invade, it’s got to be this month.  

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russia is also on a timer due to the muddy season.  If they are going to invade, it’s got to be this month.  

There’s that, and there’s the fact that I think somewhere in the area of 60 percent of Russia’s available Battalion Tactical Groups are deployed to the border area. There are naval assets from the Baltic and Pacific.  These units can’t stay forward deployed out there forever, it isn’t sustainable. You’re coming up to “move them or use them” territory. 

On the information side— I can’t overstate how bad the messaging is from the separatist leader, who is 100 percent controlled by Moscow. He is claiming that they uncovered 130 mass graves of old people and children murdered by Ukrainians.  He’s said the situation on the Line of Contact is so devolved that they may need to request Russian help and that they expect it to come. This is not deescalation or even a holding pattern. It’s escalation. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There’s that, and there’s the fact that I think somewhere in the area of 60 percent of Russia’s available Battalion Tactical Groups are deployed to the border area. There are naval assets from the Baltic and Pacific.  These units can’t stay forward deployed out there forever, it isn’t sustainable. You’re coming up to “move them or use them” territory. 

On the information side— I can’t overstate how bad the messaging is from the separatist leader, who is 100 percent controlled by Moscow. He is claiming that they uncovered 130 mass graves of old people and children murdered by Ukrainians.  He’s said the situation on the Line of Contact is so devolved that they may need to request Russian help and that they expect it to come. This is not deescalation or even a holding pattern. It’s escalation. 

The information side is what has me confused.  I've never seen such an overt action on information.  It's almost like Russia is telegraphing what they are doing and then the US going out and telling everyone.  Hey they just did this!  It's weird like Putin is baiting us into a fight.  The mass Graves thing may be that false flag they were warning us about.

3 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

It's almost like Russia is telegraphing what they are doing and then the US going out and telling everyone.  Hey they just did this!  It's weird like Putin is baiting us into a fight. 

Yep.  One of the very first posts about a month ago when this thread was bumped was essentially ‘things will slowly heat up in February around the Olympics, then Putin will finally pull the trigger immediately following closing ceremonies’.  Right on cue.  

i just hope we can stay out of this as much as possible.  

• immamac changed the title to Russia declares independence on behalf of the Ukraine so it can protect the Ukraine or something like that
  • immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй