Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Does the Army carry collision insurance or just liability?

Their biggest fear of course is fire inside the tank.  A close second is operating with infantry in close proximity and mistakenly squishing someone.

He told a funny story of when it was in the middle of winter in KY, snow everywhere.  Entire squad of guys hiding behind the tank as the turbine engine puts out a lot of heat.  So he'd turn the tank....they'd scramble to get behind....then he'd turn it back.....they'd scramble back.  Like ducklings!

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I can't keep up with this thread and keep my job, so I can't look back to see if someone already posited this, but I've been trying to think why would Putin attack a nuclear power plant.  How can it either help his cause or hurt the Ukraine's?  I am starting to think it's just a terror tactic.  Get the word "nuclear" into the reporting about the conflict, which inspires a level of angst in all of us children of the Cold War.  It inspires fear and dread without actually introducing nuclear arms into the conflict.  That fear of nukes is about all Putin has to keep the rest of the world in check, so keeping it at the forefront of everyone's thinking is probably to his advantage.  I could obviously be wrong, but if that's what this is, I wonder if it is a tell that Putin really does not want this to escalate further.

Nuke fear with a side of telling your people the Neo Nazis are so desperate they tried to make a disaster worse than Chernobyl so we have to send more RU troops in for everyone's safety. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, pops said:

Dude has lost his fucking mind. Nothing to see here, move along is his response to the leader of the 3rd(?) largest economy in the world?  

"Gross Propaganda Fakes"?  I'm assuming that sounds a lot like "FAKE NEWS" in Russian?  Or "ALTERNATIvE NEWS"  Or other similar language shouted by lying despots.

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

"Gross Propaganda Fakes"?  I'm assuming that sounds a lot like "FAKE NEWS" in Russian?  Or "ALTERNATIvE NEWS"  Or other similar language shouted by lying despots.

Russia's new "Fake News" law carries up to a 15-year prison sentence for Journalists.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Turn in your Surly credentials.  You're not fit for this message board.  It was nice knowing you.  (Not really, but feels like the appropriate thing to say.)

What if I say 3 hail Mary's and punch myself in the nutsack?  Can I stay in Surly's good graces then?

3 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Russia's new "Fake News" law carries up to a 15-year prison sentence for Journalists.

Yeah, but only for people who disagree with the authoritarian regime, and do pussy shit like print facts and quotes.  Fucking losers

Just now, MillerEP said:

So she is testifying that they're trying to recall the conscripts, and one company of 100 conscripts got recalled and only had 4 living members still? So they lost 96% of their company in 8 days?

Pretty fucking bold admission from the Rooskies.  I'm guessing she may slip and fall from her balcony later this evening.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

So she is testifying that they're trying to recall the conscripts, and one company of 100 conscripts got recalled and only had 4 living members still? So they lost 96% of their company in 8 days?

She’s also about the the tragic victim of a suicide. 

SIAP, didn't see it in the last 2-3 pages, NATO Secretary General rejected Zelensky's request for No Fly Zone, as difficult as it might have been:

"We are not part of this conflict," NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said in denying Ukraine's request.Reuters.com

We have a responsibility as NATO allies to prevent this war from escalating beyond Ukraine because that would be even more dangerous, more devastating and would cause even more human suffering," he said following a NATO meeting in Brussels."

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/nato-meets-ukraine-calls-no-fly-zone-hinder-russia-2022-03-04/

Summed it up perfectly for me. I kind of like this guy from what I've seen of him so far. Cool head on his shoulders.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Well, this is fucking terrifying.  "NUKEMAP"

Shows the blast radius' of various yield nukes.  F me....

Nukemap

EX. ONE single 100mt bomb

image.thumb.png.90dc2c344a16c406cf702ceb8ea927cd.png

A 100 MEGATON nuke?

That's twice the yield of the Tsar Bomba, the largest nuke ever built - and the Soviets only made 1 of them.

Divide by about 100 to get a reasonable yield...

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Well, this is fucking terrifying.  "NUKEMAP"

Shows the blast radius' of various yield nukes.  F me....

Nukemap

EX. ONE single 100mt bomb

image.thumb.png.90dc2c344a16c406cf702ceb8ea927cd.png

Those maps are so dumb. There‘s no nukes in the world that powerful. The most powerful bomb in human history is the Tsar Bomba, only about 60mt, close to 100 unmodified but it was unusable at that power. There’s only 2 left in the world and it’s unknown if they’re even operational. It can also only be deployed via parachute. 

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Those maps are so dumb. There‘s no nukes in the world that powerful. The most powerful bomb in human history is the Tsar Bomba, only about 60mt, close to 100 unmodified but it was unusable at that power. There’s only 2 left in the world and it’s unknown if they’re even operational. It can also only be deployed via parachute. 

Not to mention, why would anyone want to spend time looking at that.  "Yeah, show me if I'm going to die."  Better to just go look up symptoms on WebMD.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Sorry I skipped big ass fucking nukes in school.  My bad.  Going off the chart, it has two tsar bombs:  one that was 50mt that was "tested, and one @ 100mt that was "designed"

I get that it feels “un-American” (whatever that means any more) to take a live-to-fight-another-day approach,

I hear what you’re saying, I just can’t follow the logic. Live to fight another day? What day would that be? If they give up their weapons and sit back while the Russians get fully set up, they’re gonna have quite a difficult time doing anything about it. If they’re ever going to fight, right now is their best chance.

Now, if you had said live to live another day, I could understand you. But once they stop fighting, there’s never going to be a day to start again

10 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Probably 4 members that they could find, with some dead, most of the rest in hospitals, captured, or scattered to the 4 winds.

There wasn't a 96% KIA rate even in the Malmedy Massacre where the SS herded our guys into a field and machine-gunned them.

• Hook 'Em 2

I saw yesterday the report that per negotiations Russians were going to give civilians free passage out of population centers.  Has any progress been made on that front?  Don't think I've seen anything other than that statement.  It actually made sense to be for both sides.  Obviously Ukraine gets civilians evacuated.  Russia gets time to try to help un-fuck their logistics + presumably would take a more aggressive approach to shelling city centers.