Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

I'm not in the military nor do I have any military training whatsoever, but I think they should drive all the way to Moscow and take the city by storm.

This is a nice idea, but it’s a move that has presented problems in execution in the past.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

someone needs to call Hungary to then call Belarus and tell them... you cross the fucking border and all the missiles we have in West Ukraine, including all the shit from the West will absolutely blast every fucking Belarus bridge, railroad, and regular road within 40Kms of the border.

"we just pantsed your big brother and are about to humiliate him by showing the local girls hes got a 1 inch penis... we can and will do the same to you"

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

Seriously? I mean, you've had some really stupid takes before, but this level of ignorance and stupidity takes the cake, even from you.

At this point I'm going to need to see proof that you're not a paid Russian propagandist to believe otherwise. Because nobody is this stupid on purpose.

Well.

Almost nobody.

But still. I'm choosing that you're not actually this stupid and are really a Russian agent, because I just refuse to accept this level of idiocy in someone who's otherwise able to type compete sentences on a computer.

Maybe he's a Delta

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Re: Belarusian tanks

Seems like an obvious bluff to try to keep Ukrainians from further concentrating their forces in the East/South, right? They couldn’t be stupid enough to launch an attack, right?

That's the current assessment. They're massing to try and pull troops away from the East, or they're going to see what they can do to disrupt the supplies coming in from the West.

23 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Re: Belarusian tanks

Seems like an obvious bluff to try to keep Ukrainians from further concentrating their forces in the East/South, right? They couldn’t be stupid enough to launch an attack, right?

At the same time....what's Russian for "hold my beer"?  

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

They've been practicing small unit tactics and formations because that fits their resources and it was demonstrated the older ways didn't work against Russia last time in Crimea...so yeah.

They bought their "advanced" drones from Turkey. And now they have ones we've given them. It's not so much their shit is advanced as much as Russia's shit is already 20 years old and hasn't been replaced because Oligarch's steal defense funds. 

They battery system was explained. You know, people other than the US can make technology advances, especially when they have less resources and have to be creative. 

Nevermind, sorry everyone. I'll stop, back to the thread.

Fewer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Okay, practical question.  If the Russia troops just withdraw to the other side of the border to regroup, reform, and launch a counter-attack.....does Ukraine go ahead and physically cross the border (with land forces) to take them out/keep pushing them back?  There are both tactical and strategic implications to that decision, I'm curious as to what the thinking is on that point.

Not my area of expertise, but ...

With the new artillery Ukraine has received, UA can easily hit a target 25 miles away, which puts Belgorod, a major Russian rail & supply junction, within reach of the Ukraine border.

I'd stay out of Russia, and just lob in 155mm rrtillery as needed, and redeploy other available assets to the south and east. 

image.thumb.png.7c20b58e48c2f7584fbf992d143146a0.pngimage.png.ed16f2471997813ce65c81b3843c7912.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

someone needs to call Hungary to then call Belarus and tell them... you cross the fucking border and all the missiles we have in West Ukraine, including all the shit from the West will absolutely blast every fucking Belarus bridge, railroad, and regular road within 40Kms of the border.

"we just pantsed your big brother and are about to humiliate him by showing the local girls hes got a 1 inch penis... we can and will do the same to you"

Poland has been just itching to get some.  And if Belarus invades, I think we give Poland the green light to go re-establish its 1939 eastern border.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

As for the question of whether Ukraine should enter Russia or fire into Russian territory.....   I really hope they don't go full scale.   Small(ish) attacks like what happened to Belgorod are probably needed but launching an all out offensive could bring some bad ju-ju.

• Hook 'Em 5

Crossing into mainland Russia plays right into Putin’s hand; Zelensky is to smart for that.

As discussed, sit back with that sweet NATO artillery, intelligence, and air defense and call in artillery strikes on anything close to the border.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

As for the question of whether Ukraine should enter Russia or fire into Russian territory.....   I really hope they don't go full scale.   Small(ish) attacks like what happened to Belgorod are probably needed but launching an all out offensive could bring some bad ju-ju.

This.  It would help justify Putin doing a full-blown mobilization of Russian society, Russian industry, and the Russian military.

Right now, Putin has been selling the Russians on the idea that the Special Military Operation is proceeding as planned, and ostensibly his hands are tied as long as Russian territorial integrity is not serious violated, and so it's hard for him to put Russia and the military on a wartime footing.  

But if Ukrainian troops enter Russia, the Russian public will rally behind Putin and Putin will have the justification he needs.

If Ukraine is going to cross borders, I'd rather it be Moldova and deal with that small Russian unit there.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Fine.  Sorry.  I just look at the military stuff with a big grain of salt.  The continue pulling rabbits out of hats makes me believe our hand in this is way above what everyone thinks
On this note Malcolm Nance did have a post that there is no way UKR took out 7 of 11 tanks in succession without NATO guided shells.

This.  It would help justify Putin doing a full-blown mobilization of Russian society, Russian industry, and the Russian military.
Right now, Putin has been selling the Russians on the idea that the Special Military Operation is proceeding as planned, and ostensibly his hands are tied as long as Russian territorial integrity is not serious violated, and so it's hard for him to put Russia and the military on a wartime footing.  
But if Ukrainian troops enter Russia, the Russian public will rally behind Putin and Putin will have the justification he needs.
If Ukraine is going to cross borders, I'd rather it be Moldova and deal with that small Russian unit there.

Concur.

So the GRU is replacing the FSB

From the article: ””From 2014 to the present day, between 140 and 150 FSB officers had an unlimited budget to spend on recruiting Ukrainians of any level,” he said in a discussion with two journalists from Novaya Gazeta last month.

Grozev added that much of the money was spent wooing Ukrainian recruits with expensive trips to Thailand, Cyprus and the Maldives. “It was money that they never earned,” he added, referring to the total failure of the FSB’s attempts to stir up unrest in Ukraine.”

I guess this is FSB getting fired for corruption and ineffectiveness more than GRU being brought in to poison/assassinate people. I don’t see how it will help much in Ukraine, but it does officially give Putin another scapegoat.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 686 said:

From the article: ””From 2014 to the present day, between 140 and 150 FSB officers had an unlimited budget to spend on recruiting Ukrainians of any level,” he said in a discussion with two journalists from Novaya Gazeta last month.

Grozev added that much of the money was spent wooing Ukrainian recruits with expensive trips to Thailand, Cyprus and the Maldives. “It was money that they never earned,” he added, referring to the total failure of the FSB’s attempts to stir up unrest in Ukraine.”

I guess this is FSB getting fired for corruption and ineffectiveness more than GRU being brought in to poison/assassinate people. I don’t see how it will help much in Ukraine, but it does officially give Putin another scapegoat.

I wonder how much money they had to spend on influencing other countries.