Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Or hold them on that side of the river and rest up. Let the UA troops being trained get ready. Prepare for spring. Make it hell on them with the new systems coming in.

Meanwhile let the conditions in the Russian Army continue to fall apart. Take and hold. Winter is coming but it will be muddy first.

Don't push over just to push over. Stabilize and hold. Rest, retrofit and rebuild. NATO keep the supply chain going. 

Plus Russia is going to continue to hammer infrastructure. This will create new problems over the winter. Let the UA and allies focus on that. 

And keep up the propaganda war. The more information that can be pumped into Russia the better. 

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, MillerEP said:

Yeah, I honestly don't see Ukraine pausing during the winter. I see the offensives continuing but at a slower pace.

Weather might make them. I can see small pushes in the NE, maybe towards Crimea, but not on this front. They have to be able to rotate their artillery and it also needs maintenance. 

They have a slight advantage. They're much closer to their supply lines and have better equipment and intelligence. They're also more motivated to push the Russians out than they are to let the Russians consolidate their gains. The longer they rest and wait, the longer Russia has to also rest, train these 300,000, re-outfit, re-arm, and undermine Western support.

Winter will SUUUUCK for both parties, especially anyone sitting in a trench, so I don't see either side dragging that out any longer than they have to.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Or hold them on that side of the river and rest up. Let the UA troops being trained get ready. Prepare for spring. Make it hell on them with the new systems coming in.

Meanwhile let the conditions in the Russian Army continue to fall apart. Take and hold. Winter is coming but it will be muddy first.

Don't push over just to push over. Stabilize and hold. Rest, retrofit and rebuild. NATO keep the supply chain going. 

Plus Russia is going to continue to hammer infrastructure. This will create new problems over the winter. Let the UA and allies focus on that. 

And keep up the propaganda war. The more information that can be pumped into Russia the better. 

And make it rain HIMAR rockets all winter.

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

They have a slight advantage. They're much closer to their supply lines and have better equipment and intelligence. They're also more motivated to push the Russians out than they are to let the Russians consolidate their gains. The longer they rest and wait, the longer Russia has to also rest, train these 300,000, re-outfit, re-arm, and undermine Western support.

Winter will SUUUUCK for both parties, especially anyone sitting in a trench, so I don't see either side dragging that out any longer than they have to.

The people making decisions aren't stuck in a trench.

34 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

If you could go back in time and tell any American of any political stripe from 1945-1991 that one day we'd be capable of toppling Russia for less than 2% of our annual budget without firing a round ourselves...and then followed it up with, "But we decided it wasn't worth it"...they'd punch you in the dick.

And if you cold go back in time and tell them that a lot of NATO’ equipment that was designed and even built during the Cold War is kicking the living shit out of Russia’s “modern” equipment here in 2022…this would be their response.

Robert Downey Jr Yes GIF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

If you could go back in time and tell any American of any political stripe from 1945-1991 that one day we'd be capable of toppling Russia for less than 2% of our annual budget without firing a round ourselves...and then followed it up with, "But we decided it wasn't worth it"...they'd punch you in the dick.

President Biden is handling this quite well.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

And if you cold go back in time and tell them that a lot of NATO’ equipment that was designed and even built during the Cold War is kicking the living shit out of Russia’s “modern” equipment here in 2022…this would be their response.

Robert Downey Jr Yes GIF

Mine would be:

will-ferrell-i-dont-believe-you.gif

Of course I was a youngster when "Red Dawn" and "The Day After" came out.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Was thinking about your post. And yeah, let the Russians wait. Let them rebel. Let them become fodder just like their grandfathers. Sucks for them. I do feel bad for the troops and the hell they will endure this winter. But so be it. 

Feed the UA, keep their morale up and boost in new (and key word) trained troops. 

Can Russia sustain those 300K? And I don't believe the west is turning our back on the Ukrainians. They might not get all the new gear they want, but they will be supported. 

Concerning winter. Lets remember 1917. It was Russian troops who left the trenches. Perhaps they will do it again. Then the question becomes how fast can we secure their nukes. 

Going to be interesting times. 

• Drool 1

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Lot of people, including the Ukrainian defense forces saying Kherson is a trap.

It probably is. So push them out and take your time going in. Hammer them on the east bank. Damn, we are all masters of Ukrainian river systems by now! I know the category I am picking for trivia. 

You don't win this war controlling territory now. You win it by destroying the enemy and controlling it next year. Putin said three days, a lot of us said maybe three years. I think you were one of them. And I agree. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

It probably is. So push them out and take your time going in. Hammer them on the east bank. Damn, we are all masters of Ukrainian river systems by now! I know the category I am picking for trivia. 

You don't win this war controlling territory now. You win it by destroying the enemy and controlling it next year. Putin said three days, a lot of us said maybe three years. I think you were one of them. And I agree. 

How much of Kherson will be in UKA artillery range?  Would be nice to spend the winter picking off exposed targets.

6 hours ago, MillerEP said:

An encouraging first step for the Italians.

• Hook 'Em 1